Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    sorry - the reset loop thing was a really random bug that didn't hit me in testing. It's fixed in 2.51

the reset loop protection should have kicked in though and stopped the loop after two resets. Does this not work on the 650?
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    the reset loop protection should have kicked in though and stopped the loop after two resets. Does this not work on the 650?
    It didn't for me, at least. It would go through the PalmOne boot screen OK, and then go onto the Palm boot screen, and crash a few seconds into that one. Over and over again until I did a hard reset.

The new versioon isn't causing resets for me (yet ). I haven't had a chance to see if hotsyncs are stable now -- I'll report back in the other thread. Thanks for your help!
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Read the new Butler BETA thread about the 650-compatible version--- works great for me so far and Hotsync issues seem to be fixed. Also overcomes a bad 650 behavior that the phone button will dial previous numbers inadvertently...

Check it out...

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=67966
    I was talking about the beta.
    OK - try 2.55

New beta - 2.55 available at my site under downloads.
    http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/DownloadPrc.php

I'm guessing that the 650 problems were to do with the memory architecture - so have re-built how I store transient information. I'm pretty hopeful that it will fix the hotsync & related resets (backupman?).

It should also fix the phone key problems - I spotted a foolish bug.

There was a lot of changing though - so there are probably some minor new bugs in!

Let me know how it performs.
    Last edited by confusedvorlon; 01/11/2005 at 01:06 PM.
    Hobbyist Software
    I disabled the backup portions of the hotsync, so they are a lot quicker. A side benefit is that I have no more crashes. I still periodically back up the whole thing (once a week or so). The most important things (PIM data) are backed up each time. It's just that it doesn't spend a few minutes backing up the rest of the stuff.
    The phone key issue seems to be resolved, but the side key will not Select for me. And the coughing is unbearable! Why is this so persistent? I can barely even test the thing. HotSych's working normally also so far.
    OK - try 2.55

New beta - 2.55 available at my site under downloads.
    http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/DownloadPrc.php

I'm guessing that the 650 problems were to do with the memory architecture - so have re-built how I store transient information. I'm pretty hopeful that it will fix the hotsync & related resets (backupman?).

It should also fix the phone key problems - I spotted a foolish bug.

There was a lot of changing though - so there are probably some minor new bugs in!

Let me know how it performs.
    Thanks for this release, it pretty much has fixed any of the problems that I had with it and the Treo650. The side keys are no longer on by default, the phone button now works, and I don't get resets at the end of my hotsyncs (so far). Of course, I used butler through all of that because it is such a useful utility.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilJack
    The phone key issue seems to be resolved, but the side key will not Select for me. And the coughing is unbearable! Why is this so persistent? I can barely even test the thing. HotSych's working normally also so far.

Are other people finding that side key select doesn't work?

As to the coughing - my guess is you've had butler installed for several weeks - it starts to get more persistent. A bit harsh on beta testers I know - but the beta is the real version...

Thanks for the feedback!
    Hobbyist Software
    Are other people finding that side key select doesn't work?

As to the coughing - my guess is you've had butler installed for several weeks - it starts to get more persistent. A bit harsh on beta testers I know - but the beta is the real version...

Thanks for the feedback!
    I've never really used the "side key select" before so I'm not positive about what it's supposed to do. I enabled it and from what I can see, it works effectively for me. It moves the selection up or down.
    fyi - the select button is working. don't know what the issue was. it works fine now. and i only installed butler 3 days ago and it immedietly started coughing almost every time i used the up or down volume key. and i really mean almost every time. but i understand, i should just pay. in fact, im just going to do that because i can barely use my phone with it. i guess you win!
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilJack
    fyi - the select button is working. don't know what the issue was. it works fine now. and i only installed butler 3 days ago and it immedietly started coughing almost every time i used the up or down volume key. and i really mean almost every time. but i understand, i should just pay. in fact, im just going to do that because i can barely use my phone with it. i guess you win!
    glad you're registering
    as to the cough - on the volume keys, it should be a 1 in 10 random chance. Test some more and let me know if it's far wrong!
    Hobbyist Software
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123