1.    #1  
    "sometimes i cut myself to relieve the pain. tehehe." --Toot Braunstein-->drawn together
    Humbug
    "Let me control the nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." -****** ******
    Why is the box shown in the review
    http://www.pdabuzz.com/Uploads/Images/treo650-09.jpg

very different looking from the box my Treo650 came in?
    Mine is red and white with a yuppie guy and a laptop on it.
    you get that box if you order from palm1 and you get the sprint box if you buy straight from sprint.
    Thanks. That makes sense.
    Really? I thought that the Sprint one came only in the Sprint box no matter who you ordered from. Have you seen this box in person, all the pictures I've seen on the web are the Sprint box.

Quote Originally Posted by michael82574
    you get that box if you order from palm1 and you get the sprint box if you buy straight from sprint.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Hmm, read the "review". Every single picture in there is from some other website or P1. Everything mentioned in there was in every other review. A review of this quality really makes me wonder if the reviewer actually had the device or not. Not a single "personal" comment that lets me believe they actually did anything with it.

PDA Buzz used to be a really good site, but that was a long long time ago.
    Read the review & tried to go to PDABuzz discussions w/T650 & got the following:
    --------------------------
    HTTP Error 403: The service you requested is restricted

The service you requested is restricted and not available to your browser
    The restriction can be based on your IP-address, hostname, browser software, time-of-day or other variables. Most likely you requested a service that was made available to a restricted subnet.
    -------------------------
    Subsequent attempts to use various Bookmarks would always lock the same above message.

Had to cycle phone Off & On to recover.
    FastFrank
    Read the review & tried to go to PDABuzz discussions link w/T650 & got the following:
    --------------------------
    HTTP Error 403: The service you requested is restricted

The service you requested is restricted and not available to your browser
    The restriction can be based on your IP-address, hostname, browser software, time-of-day or other variables. Most likely you requested a service that was made available to a restricted subnet.
    -------------------------
    Subsequent attempts to use various Bookmarks would always lock the same above message.

Had to cycle phone Off & On to recover. What happened.
    FastFrank
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    Hmm, read the "review". Every single picture in there is from some other website or P1. Everything mentioned in there was in every other review. A review of this quality really makes me wonder if the reviewer actually had the device or not. Not a single "personal" comment that lets me believe they actually did anything with it.
    The review has a number of "personal" comments, including the first sentence; "I just received my new PalmOne Treo 650 with great hopes and much anticipation." I do agree that a lot of it is repetitive when compared to other reviews, but at this point, if you are doing a general overview what else is there really to say?
    I ordered two units from PalmOne and received the Sprint box.
    Quote Originally Posted by michael82574
    Did someone tell you that, or did you get the unbranded GSM box when you got yours from PalmOne?

I orderd mine via P1 and got the same "yppie" box w/ Sprints name and logo on the box. I ASSUME that the picture is the unbranded version and or GSM version.

Just my 2-cents worth, Matt
    Good point Matt.
    Actually it may be a GSM box because if you look at one of the many borrowed pics in the review, it shows a "SIM card tray".
    http://www.pdabuzz.com/Uploads/Image...%20650%202.jpg
    I wish my T650 said "PalmOne" instead of Sprint.
    No offense but that doesn't count. What do you expect "I'm supposed to be writing this review, but I haven't really had a chance to use one yet so here goes"?

Some reviews have personal likes and dislikes in them. One reviewer will emphasize one feature or another that is important to them. That's understandable, but there is nothing like that in this review. Some of the paragraphs are close to cut and paste from other reviews or from P1 literature. If you compare this kind of review to the ones that the PDA Buzz founder Wes used to do years ago there is a night and day difference. Also has others have mentioned, most of the pictures are from P1 of the GSM model. He was really looking forward to this and didn't take any pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    The review has a number of "personal" comments, including the first sentence; "I just received my new PalmOne Treo 650 with great hopes and much anticipation." I do agree that a lot of it is repetitive when compared to other reviews, but at this point, if you are doing a general overview what else is there really to say?
    If you compare this kind of review to the ones that the PDA Buzz founder Wes used to do years ago there is a night and day difference.
    You are correct there. PDABuzz used to be one of my favorite gadget sites back in the day.
    Also has others have mentioned, most of the pictures are from P1 of the GSM model. He was really looking forward to this and didn't take any pictures?
    I agree, the lack of original pictures is pretty lame.