Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I can't back it up - HotSync doesn't back up everything and none of the card backup programs work - not even the betas that are supposed to work with the 650. I've spent a few of the wee hours of Christmas day trying to cobble together what I could of what used to be on my 650, finding that I could get alot of it back, but some is just LOST.

On Christmas Eve my Saved Preferences started spontaneously disappearing - all of my registered programs were asking for codes again. CardBackup was unable to restore that file (and many others) so I got it from the Windows backup folder (one file that DID get backed up).

I've had Palms (1), Visors (3) and Clies (5) since 1998 and have NEVER had a problem like this from any one of those, nor have I ever lost data that I couldn't recover from either the desktop or a backup card.

This device never should have seen the light of day before it was ready - and it's SO NOT. But all is not lost - at least they're putting their energy to good use by getting those wireless keyboard and bluetooth car kit drivers updated.

I hope palmOne got a lump of coal from Santa and that they use it to light their funeral pyre, which is probably not far off.

I wonder what after-Christmas PPC deals will be available....
    Last edited by otterman; 12/25/2004 at 07:07 AM.
    Otterman....sorry to hear you are having such trouble with you Treo650. I'm no expect of Palm software or Palm Handhelds, I only found this site after doing a google search for PDA Cell Phones and looking at rating on CNet. I actually used to own a PPC and it worked great for me, but I wanted to have only one device instead of carring a cell phone and a PPC. When I saw the Treo 600 get such good reviews, I went out and bought it, then I found this site, and while there are some strange "need to get a life" people on here, most of the people are really helpful! I think that is the strongest point that a Treo user can look forward to. Anyway, when I found this site, I heard about the 650 and so I decided to return my 600 and wait for this great new device. I was very disappointed with it was released. There are just way too many problems with it and the specs are very lacking. The 650 does not even keep up with what the competion is putting out. I have since change my mind on the 650 and am trying to find a way to get the 02 XDA IIs. This is the same thing as the Seimens SX66 (but with a camera and in black), same thing as the I-Mate PDA2K but the I-Mate is silver in color. The one thing about this device is that is really confusing to figure out all the different names and some of the different configurations that it comes in. I think this phone has created the real family of smart phones (unlike PalmOne that states they want to do this but have not. You can go to clubimate.com and see the family of smart phones there. The O2 model is only released in England, Ireland, Germany, and etc...But I have to tell you it is very sweet looking in the black, gun metal color. Plus is comes with 128MB ROM and 96MB RAM, WiFi, Bluetooth, the works. There is a rumor of a MDA IV coming in 2Q 2005, same as this phone except 624 MHz, VGA display (680X420), 1.3 MP camera, etc...I would wait, but I need a phone ASAP now since I have held off for several months waiting for the T650. You can even get the Seimens SX66 without a camera from Cingular for $549.99 or buy from mobileplanet.com T-Mobile for $649.99 and get the camera in it (this one is the I-Mate PDA2K). I have not been able to find the O2 version for less than about $950, but I figure with some more searching I should be able to find one for about 600-750 (hoping at least...I will not spend 900+ on a phone just because it is black and has a camera). Also, Sprint has both the camera and without in silver and Verizon has the one with EV-DO but no Wifi, not sure about the camera though.

Anyway, my point is if you are serious about looking into PPC I would look at this phone (with many names!!) Also, I really believe that most people buy a Treo and then buy way too much software to make it work like a PPC (I just don't understand that) They want e-mail to sync with Outlook....well if you use Outlook at work or home, why not just have Outlook on your PDA and make life easier? And PPC is going to take market share away from Palm devices (even PalmOne is talking about using Windows on their devices...it is the future for most people). I dont see why I would pay $650 for a phone (without rebates from service provider) and accept less features. If I can also pay similar price and get a lot more memory, fuctions straight out of the box, etc...

Well, good luck with your phone and have a Merry Christmas!
    Quote Originally Posted by otterman
    I can't back it up - HotSync doesn't back up everything and none of the card backup programs work - not even the betas that are supposed to work with the 650. I've spent a few of the wee hours of Christmas day trying to cobble together what I could of what used to be on my 650, finding that I could get alot of it back, but some is just LOST.

On Christmas Eve my Saved Preferences started spontaneously disappearing - all of my registered programs were asking for codes again. CardBackup was unable to restore that file (and many others) so I got it from the Windows backup folder (one file that DID get backed up).

I've had Palms (1), Visors (3) and Clies (5) since 1998 and have NEVER had a problem like this from any one of those, nor have I ever lost data that I couldn't recover from either the desktop or a backup card.

This device never should have seen the light of day before it was ready - and it's SO NOT. But all is not lost - at least they're putting their energy to good use by getting those wireless keyboard and bluetooth car kit drivers updated.

I hope palmOne got a lump of coal from Santa and that they use it to light their funeral pyre, which is probably not far off.

Welcome to the world of PalmOne...where you pay $600 to be a beta tester.
    Quote Originally Posted by John_JHF1
    Otterman....sorry to hear you are having such trouble with you Treo650. I'm no expect of Palm software or Palm Handhelds, I only found this site after doing a google search for PDA Cell Phones and looking at rating on CNet. I actually used to own a PPC and it worked great for me, but I wanted to have only one device instead of carring a cell phone and a PPC. When I saw the Treo 600 get such good reviews, I went out and bought it, then I found this site, and while there are some strange "need to get a life" people on here, most of the people are really helpful! I think that is the strongest point that a Treo user can look forward to. Anyway, when I found this site, I heard about the 650 and so I decided to return my 600 and wait for this great new device. I was very disappointed with it was released. There are just way too many problems with it and the specs are very lacking. The 650 does not even keep up with what the competion is putting out. I have since change my mind on the 650 and am trying to find a way to get the 02 XDA IIs. This is the same thing as the Seimens SX66 (but with a camera and in black), same thing as the I-Mate PDA2K but the I-Mate is silver in color. The one thing about this device is that is really confusing to figure out all the different names and some of the different configurations that it comes in. I think this phone has created the real family of smart phones (unlike PalmOne that states they want to do this but have not. You can go to clubimate.com and see the family of smart phones there. The O2 model is only released in England, Ireland, Germany, and etc...But I have to tell you it is very sweet looking in the black, gun metal color. Plus is comes with 128MB ROM and 96MB RAM, WiFi, Bluetooth, the works. There is a rumor of a MDA IV coming in 2Q 2005, same as this phone except 624 MHz, VGA display (680X420), 1.3 MP camera, etc...I would wait, but I need a phone ASAP now since I have held off for several months waiting for the T650. You can even get the Seimens SX66 without a camera from Cingular for $549.99 or buy from mobileplanet.com T-Mobile for $649.99 and get the camera in it (this one is the I-Mate PDA2K). I have not been able to find the O2 version for less than about $950, but I figure with some more searching I should be able to find one for about 600-750 (hoping at least...I will not spend 900+ on a phone just because it is black and has a camera). Also, Sprint has both the camera and without in silver and Verizon has the one with EV-DO but no Wifi, not sure about the camera though.

Anyway, my point is if you are serious about looking into PPC I would look at this phone (with many names!!) Also, I really believe that most people buy a Treo and then buy way too much software to make it work like a PPC (I just don't understand that) They want e-mail to sync with Outlook....well if you use Outlook at work or home, why not just have Outlook on your PDA and make life easier? And PPC is going to take market share away from Palm devices (even PalmOne is talking about using Windows on their devices...it is the future for most people). I dont see why I would pay $650 for a phone (without rebates from service provider) and accept less features. If I can also pay similar price and get a lot more memory, fuctions straight out of the box, etc...

Well, good luck with your phone and have a Merry Christmas!

Not sure about T650 as i am waiting for GSM, but will not trade my TMO T 600 for SX 66 & family.
    HP 6315 was a nightmare. No to PPC phones for me.
    SE P910 would be something in between....
    Resets hangups, memory issues
    Sounds like user-error or a defective device. No hotsync problems here or for basically anyone else.
    It was frustrating at first I couldn't hotsync for two weeks. Recently it has been doing great since I got rid of butler it is syncing backing up and all from the otherside of the house thanks to bluetooth. I like the 650 more and more everyday.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    Butler is evil.
    Caused problems on my T600.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Welcome to the world of PalmOne...where you pay $600 to be a beta tester.
    I don't yet have a TREO 650 as I was waiting on the GSM version. Something keeps bothering me, though, and someone in another post hit it on the head for me by saying that the TREO 650 is like a Ferrari; it is great, but requires more tuning and maintenence than a Toyota. MikeC calls this being a beta-tester, and maybe that is the case. Actually, I'm not sure there has been a lot of testing at all.

This telephone is at the moment functional mainly for power users, or those good people who peruse this board on TreoCentral.com, arguably the very same folks. It really is like having a Ferrari, but having it in a town where you have no dealer or repair shop. You have to be a "power driver" or a mechanic or something. Here's why:

1. Upgrading from another Palm OS unit... If you followed the initial incorrect instructions, you get a Hard Reset till the cows come home. You had to be digging deep on the PalmOne site, or see what was posted right here at TreoCentral.com to do it right.

2. Memory.... The "Ferrari 650" comes with an engine that doesn't have the horsepower or the MPG or something that everyone thought it did. Somebody figured out to use an SD card and ZLauncher or other equal programs. For me, that is nearing the level of rocket science. Don't know if the "average" user PalmOne was shooting for is facile with this. Again, you need to be a power user or at least a trainable reader of this board to get around it till a patch comes out. But remember, PalmOne said they are working on fixing this, even though only a very, very few power users were gonna have any trouble with the memory limitations in the first place. So, only power users can fix the problem that is only gonna affect power users. The rest of us have to be very careful how much we load onto the machine. Oh well, maybe it makes sense to them.

3. Speaking of sound... Everybody knows by now about Mr. faisal and his (in)famous patch. Here was a big problem...you couldn't be understood at the other end! Can't have a phone doing that! The patch seems to fix that problem, based on what lots of people have said, but it sounds awfully complicated to apply. Again, only power users, and ESPECIALLY those who read TreoCentral.com are gonna be able to make this work. The repair was made by what could be some rogue PalmOne personell. PalmOne itself is still totally silent about any sound problem at all, except for making people pull the patch off the net. Shadowmite, are you getting any flack from PalmOne yet? Because of the accidental release of the ROM tools, the 650 is now poised to be a hacker's paradise. That is beneficial for the consumer, but I'll bet there are a lot of big tremors at PalmOne headquarters, and not from earthquakes. And no offense to Shadowmite, but I would really prefer my $600 telephone be made functional by PalmOne, and not someone working on his own. How can PalmOne tolerate this sort of thing?

4. Bluetooth and WiFi... I group these together because the fixes that have made them functional (or will eventually) have come from this here community, and not from PalmOne. Again, applying them is power-user territory.

The sum of the parts is this: the "Ferrari 650" is a really powerful device. PalmOne has dumped it on us with minimal support. The ONLY thing they have said or done is in regards to the memory, and so far all we get is a $2 memory card. You "Ferrari Mechanics" out there can really fly with this thing, even (or maybe especially) without PalmOne's help. But us non-power users are, as they say where I come from, SOL. PalmOne said they weren't targeting the "power users", but then they are the only ones who can really use the thing. They are allowing or ignoring "hackerware" (my own new term!) to do the repair work THEY should be doing.

What I really don't understand at all is why you good people are letting PalmOne off the hook so easily. Yes, we have Shadowmite to fix what PalmOne is ignoring, but for $600, I need much better support. I must seriously consider the Siemens SX-66 telephone. I really didn't want to go PPC, but I need a phone that works, without having to be a genius to run it!
    Quote Originally Posted by GWB
    I don't yet have a TREO 650 as I was waiting on the GSM version. Something keeps bothering me, though, and someone in another post hit it on the head for me by saying that the TREO 650 is like a Ferrari; it is great, but requires more tuning and maintenence than a Toyota. MikeC calls this being a beta-tester, and maybe that is the case. Actually, I'm not sure there has been a lot of testing at all.

This telephone is at the moment functional mainly for power users, or those good people who peruse this board on TreoCentral.com, arguably the very same folks. It really is like having a Ferrari, but having it in a town where you have no dealer or repair shop. You have to be a "power driver" or a mechanic or something. Here's why:

1. Upgrading from another Palm OS unit... If you followed the initial incorrect instructions, you get a Hard Reset till the cows come home. You had to be digging deep on the PalmOne site, or see what was posted right here at TreoCentral.com to do it right.

2. Memory.... The "Ferrari 650" comes with an engine that doesn't have the horsepower or the MPG or something that everyone thought it did. Somebody figured out to use an SD card and ZLauncher or other equal programs. For me, that is nearing the level of rocket science. Don't know if the "average" user PalmOne was shooting for is facile with this. Again, you need to be a power user or at least a trainable reader of this board to get around it till a patch comes out. But remember, PalmOne said they are working on fixing this, even though only a very, very few power users were gonna have any trouble with the memory limitations in the first place. So, only power users can fix the problem that is only gonna affect power users. The rest of us have to be very careful how much we load onto the machine. Oh well, maybe it makes sense to them.

3. Speaking of sound... Everybody knows by now about Mr. faisal and his (in)famous patch. Here was a big problem...you couldn't be understood at the other end! Can't have a phone doing that! The patch seems to fix that problem, based on what lots of people have said, but it sounds awfully complicated to apply. Again, only power users, and ESPECIALLY those who read TreoCentral.com are gonna be able to make this work. The repair was made by what could be some rogue PalmOne personell. PalmOne itself is still totally silent about any sound problem at all, except for making people pull the patch off the net. Shadowmite, are you getting any flack from PalmOne yet? Because of the accidental release of the ROM tools, the 650 is now poised to be a hacker's paradise. That is beneficial for the consumer, but I'll bet there are a lot of big tremors at PalmOne headquarters, and not from earthquakes. And no offense to Shadowmite, but I would really prefer my $600 telephone be made functional by PalmOne, and not someone working on his own. How can PalmOne tolerate this sort of thing?

4. Bluetooth and WiFi... I group these together because the fixes that have made them functional (or will eventually) have come from this here community, and not from PalmOne. Again, applying them is power-user territory.

The sum of the parts is this: the "Ferrari 650" is a really powerful device. PalmOne has dumped it on us with minimal support. The ONLY thing they have said or done is in regards to the memory, and so far all we get is a $2 memory card. You "Ferrari Mechanics" out there can really fly with this thing, even (or maybe especially) without PalmOne's help. But us non-power users are, as they say where I come from, SOL. PalmOne said they weren't targeting the "power users", but then they are the only ones who can really use the thing. They are allowing or ignoring "hackerware" (my own new term!) to do the repair work THEY should be doing.

What I really don't understand at all is why you good people are letting PalmOne off the hook so easily. Yes, we have Shadowmite to fix what PalmOne is ignoring, but for $600, I need much better support. I must seriously consider the Siemens SX-66 telephone. I really didn't want to go PPC, but I need a phone that works, without having to be a genius to run it!
    I have been seeing this kind of posts ever since the Treo 650's introduction in October. Basically, we have reviewers who review Treo 650 based on other people's reviews. Wow, we sure have some original thinkers here.

GWB, you can say whatever you want here since this is a free country. However, you won't have much credibility, at least not to me, since you don't even own a treo 650. Maybe you own or have owned a Ferrari, but my guess is that you don't/havent.

Well, I have never owned a Ferrari (hopefully one day), but I have been using a Treo 650 for more than a week now. Yes, there were some soft resets in the beginneing when I was messing around, but I have not had one for days now. Everything works great for me. I find myself using my notebook much less now that I have my Treo 650. Memory is not a issue since I moved several applications and files to SD card, and I only have a few third party apps.

I haven't had any urge to install any shadowmite's hacks, except for the splash screen one, and perhaps I will someday. Wifi sounds great on paper, but 1xRTT is what I need in real life. I rather have connections everywhere rather than looking for hot spots for faster speed. If you want to surf the net, use a notebook or pc. Treo 650 is for getting to your personal information quickly and efficiently, not for surfing.

As for the sound, my friends and family did say that I sounded differently, not better or worse, just different. My brother said that I sounded 3 dimensional, but clear nonetheless. Maybe this is the echo effect

Treo 650 certainly is not perfect, nor is it for anyone and everyone. GWB, your job as a consumer, is to buy a product/service that best serves/meets your need. My advice to you is to buy both the Treo 650 GSM and the Siemen PPC and try them out for yourself, then return the one that you don't like. Till then, let's be a little more original and not write a review based on other people's review.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Not sure about T650 as i am waiting for GSM, but will not trade my TMO T 600 for SX 66 & family.
    HP 6315 was a nightmare. No to PPC phones for me.
    SE P910 would be something in between....
    Resets hangups, memory issues

MTreosexual, if you tried on PPC that doesn't mean they are all the same. The PDA2k is a different device. I understand your choice though, it is hard to change from a device that you truly love and have grown attached to using. But what I was trying to say was that PPC devices just offer sooooo much more than any Palm out there. And even PalmOne has stated that they are moving in that direction. Even if they do not at WindowsCE to their devices, they will be making OS6 more and more like Windows. I truly wanted to get the GSM 650 also, hell I even had my sister go to a road show in DC to get me a discount (by-the-way, she wanted to kill me because she couldn't believe what a Geek fest it was, but hell...I wasnít going to go to it! I just wanted a cheaper price

But PalmOne really released the 650 with not enough memory, no WiFi, and a VGA camera. The other improvement was great! Donít get me wrong, I wish the PDA2K had a VGA display instead of 320X240, but I have to admit...being a PPC user in the past, I always thought the screen size was too small on the Treo (especially for web surfing and spreadsheets). Also, the external antenna is crap.

I would like to see the PDA2K with VGA Display, a bit better keyboard (I just got mine from Cingular - donít plan on keeping if I can get the O2 version, 30 day return policy but this key board is not bad at all, but could be a bit better. Also, I would like to see a better camera. The next version of this phone coming in 2Q 2005 is supposed to correct all of this and include 3G enabled (Now that is fast internet!). One thing about this set of PPC phone the specs on the devices are usually what you get when it comes out. Now that is not the case with all PPC phones but with this family of smartphones it is actually true for them.

Now if you are more interested in getting a phone...then PPC would not be your best bet, maybe a palm or a smartphone (not PPC) is better for you. But if you are looking for a device that can sub for your PC or laptop and really reduce your carrying load when you are out of the office, I don't believe any thing less than a PPC can do. It is seamless integration with your work PC and home PC, cant ask for more seamless integration. If you are a MAC user (and I was, it was my first computer and tell you I switched to PC and never looked back - just not enough programs out there for my needs, but MAC is very nice device). I guess it depends on what part of the convergence is more important to you - the phone or the PDA? For me the PDA is more important. I don't really care much about the phone features...any phone will do if it has good reception, building penetration and doesn't drop my calls (mostly service provider issues). Any PPC phone app. will do what most cell phone do, hold, mute, 6-way calling, etc...but Palm can not do what the PPCs can do, which is be a real and practical work device that can stand in for a laptop when you are out of the office...and I say this with trying both the Treo 600 and SX 66 and other PPCs.

The issue with PalmOne releasing a device that is so obsolete before it even hits the store shelves just surprises me. The T650 should have been the T600 release date. I mean just a few months ago, the T600 was the state of the art for a convergence device (not a PDA stand alone), and now the T650 is just not the best device out there. When I spend my money, I like to think I do a great deal of research on the device, and pick the best device that will meet my needs for the PRICE. The Treo 650 is more like a toy (don't get upset with me for that) than a work horse. Yes, yes is has some very nice Features...but is falling behind...not cutting edge.

As for operating system Windows vs. Palm, well you can make your own assumptions about where the trends are going. I believe it will be mostly Windows and more support for programs in that area, but to each his own. I also think Palm will be like a nice OS on a smartphone (i.e. Symbian) but will not make it to the really heavy hitter on truly powerful convergence devices, not without major changes in the OS to make it function more like Windows. And in that case, why not just go with Windows?????

Anyway, please do not be offended by what I said...I only intended to discuss the issue further. I hope you enjoy your Treo 650!
    If you find a better device please let me know. I love my TREO 650. Could not do without it. Make a hard reset and start over. Don't load all the junk. KISS.
    Treo and PPC all do that with a hard reset. I even owned a PPC that if the power went to zero....well same thing as hard reset...start over
    otterman,

Try to contain your anger.

in any case. you are not alone.

I will be returning my unit tomorrow.

Unless they will discount it for me.

Honestly I feel I have overpaid for a palm product thats flawed.

I am not a palm *****. I've owned and used them all.

PalmOne is all about the christmas $$. Ready or not here it comes.

Good luck... Sprint customer service is the worst customer service i have seen in all my life.
    Last edited by twocows; 12/25/2004 at 01:23 PM.
    "sometimes i cut myself to relieve the pain. tehehe." --Toot Braunstein-->drawn together
    Quote Originally Posted by otterman

I know exactly how you feel. I had to pay almost 650 outright for the phone since my rebates were mail in. Then I started playing with it but as soon as my first caller said "you're cutting out, let me call you back", Versamail caused a soft reset, and my memory filled up really quick, my wonder turned to anger. I put things into perspective because I too was torn between the PPC6601 and the T650. After browsing through this site I found all my fixes and now am using it with no problems. I do feel much better knowing that I did make the right choice. Many programs that I use for college are not available for Pocket PC and also the battery life is just awesome which I'm sure no Pocket PC would come close. I am not too thrilled that Palm One released a device with too many bugs but yet I am glad that much support is available through this community. Well after the initial frustrations and jitters it is a keeper and best of all I personally feel I made the right choice.
    All right JHF1,

Palmone bashing is justified..
    There incremental inclusion of features is annoying and hard to comprehend.
    Sx 66,
    Web browsing a plus specially with thunderhawk.
    More memory,bigger screen.
    Slider keyboard .
    However size and the 'form factor'' specially 5 way dial pad for quick access, which is in such a convinient location and is really big for me.Sx 66 lacks this.I have not used Sx but 6315 was very difficult to hold with one hand and navigate.I guess voice command will compensate for that.
    Every time i have tried to dump treo for ppc, i comeback with regrets.
    I agree with the concept of leaving laptop behind,however you can do so that with a treo as well to a limited extent.I wish the screen was a little bigger.
    As far as debate between Apple and PC goes it is endless.Switched to apple 6 years ago and has never looked back.
    I wish apple made a smartphone.Quality,design,style and features won't be an issue.

We all need some life...
    Our *****ing about a phone does not stop even on christmas day.
    Last edited by Mtreosexual; 12/25/2004 at 09:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    I have been seeing this kind of posts ever since the Treo 650's introduction in October. Basically, we have reviewers who review Treo 650 based on other people's reviews. Wow, we sure have some original thinkers here.

GWB, you can say whatever you want here since this is a free country. However, you won't have much credibility, at least not to me, since you don't even own a treo 650.....but I have been using a Treo 650 for more than a week now. Yes, there were some soft resets in the beginneing when I was messing around, but I have not had one for days now. Everything works great for me. I find myself using my notebook much less now that I have my Treo 650. Memory is not a issue since I moved several applications and files to SD card, and I only have a few third party apps.

....let's be a little more original and not write a review based on other people's review.
    I like Rome. Nice town. Been there once a few years ago. Beautiful things to see. Horrible traffic. They even drive on the sidewalks! Lots of Ferarri's, and pretty girls, though.

I have assume that the first 260 of your 280-something posts are to be disregarded, since YOU didn't have a 650 until just recently. I checked through some of your posts, and you have been very much in favor of the 650. I'm glad it is finally in your possession, and I hope I have as good luck with it as you are having.

I don't want to be a beta-tester, or to have to dig on a website to look for fixes to make my $600 telephone work as it should have out of the box. I don't have the time or the expertese. How many of the good people who post here have had an absolutely trouble-free startup? By that, I mean get the thing out of the box, plug it in, sync it ACCORDING TO INSTRUCTIONS INCLUDED IN THE BOX, and have it work right? Betcha maybe 1 out of 100. You can call that reporting on other reports, but isn't it a good assumption that if other people are having trouble with it, I might, too?

I want to get me one of these phones, I really do. But I don't have time to flip-flop on whether or not it's gonna work for me.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    I am guessing user error on this one as well. Did not read the forums before upgrading. Again another user with less than 10 posts whose initial reaction is negative. ''

You have to be blind not see the pattern.
    Grace & Peace,

utey
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChrigel
    If you find a better device please let me know. I love my TREO 650. Could not do without it. Make a hard reset and start over. Don't load all the junk.
    What he said.
    as a person who has worked tech support for the last 8 years I KNOW its always a user error but theres also the user who is fed up and just wants something else.
    "sometimes i cut myself to relieve the pain. tehehe." --Toot Braunstein-->drawn together
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    The Treo 650 is a great device. What I did was to start from the ground up, I installed all programs by going to the original .zip files from Palmgear.com, finding my old unlock keys, and not 1 problem.

The operating system and the robustness of the phone are not there to be able to just sync the old device into this one. One has to do each program at a time. Its a much cleaner start, without hundreds of old files that eat up memory and create trouble.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast