New to the forum and new to the 650. I just upgraded from the Treo 300.

I have a simple question. Is there a way to use the volume keys on the side of the treo or the Nav pad on realplayer after the screen has shut off?

Currently, I keep my treo in a Rhinoskin hard case. When playing back tunes in realplayer, I have to constantly open the case and select one of the application keys to wake up the treo so that I can adjust volume or skip through songs. It would be great if I could make these adjustments with the case closed and in my pocket.

Any comments would be appreciated,

Fox
    The 5-way navigator as it is called is used by Real Player. Up/down for volume, left/right for tracks, and select to pause/play.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Thanks for the quick response.

My problem in not so much the 5 way nav button, but rather, when I'm playing mp3s, my 650 screen turns off and I lose control of the playlist and volume at the nav button (and the side buttons), until I take the player out my pocket, open the case and press the application button to reassert control at the nav button.

This process of having to reassert control seems flawed and unnecessary. Do you know of a work around?

Fox
    Geez, I dunno...
    It works like this just fine on my T3. Let me ask: What is your Treo's OS screen timeout vs. Real Player's?
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    The 650's time out is set to 1 minute for each application. The max time available is only 3 minutes.

Is it possible my treo is malfunctioning? Once the screen goes dark I have no control at the nav button until I wake up the screen.

Fox
    I have the same problem, I think it is general for all of us.

I use the Treo case from palm and it is very uncomfortable to plug out the headset, to remove the phone from teh case, switch it on, increase/decrease the volume and then do the reverse operation to put it back.

Does it happen with other software?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hystory: Alcatel OT Easy --> Nokia 5110 --> Alcatel OT Pocket + Visor Platinum --> Siemens ME45 --> Treo 650 --> Treo Pro
    Don't you ever heard about Heaset Control software? All you need is hybrid headset for your treo and that great piece of software...
    Check www.jwideas.com for details. Good Luck !

Edit: Sorry... This one did not control Real Player... You have to switch to pTunes... Sorry once again
    Last edited by Koleto; 12/27/2005 at 04:53 AM.