Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    Q: How do you program the 'Dial Pad' numbers on the display to use for speed dialing? I figured out how to program the 'Hard' buttons for speed dialing, but can't find info for programing the display buttons.
    Thanks for your help in advance!!
    John Mc
  2. #2  
    I'm not sure that the 650 (or the 600) support this, except for "1", which dials voicemail. Or if it does support it, I don't know how and would like to find out too. :-)
  3.    #3  
    Wow! I was hoping it was just me not finding the right instructions to do it. That's very a needed feature in my book when driving. I know I can dial off the hard buttons, but you need to take a close look using that feature, which could distract you just long enough for "OUCH"! Let's put that one on the needed features/hacks list!! Happy Holidays!!
  4. #4  
    You can edit the Favorites buttons to include a Quick Key, but it only appears to allow alpha characters and not numbers.
    .
    .....
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  5. #5  
    Upon further testing, it doesn't seem that Quick Keys work!
    .
    .....
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  6. #6  
    Anyone else? My custom quick keys don't work on my unlocked GSM 650 running on Cingular. Even called Palmone and did a hard reset. Ran a test before hotsyncing my stuff back, and no go - not with letters or numbers, so no software conflicts. BTW, if you want to assign numbers, just use the keyboard. Doesn't dial for me, though.
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
  7. #7  
    I guess maybe I don't understand the question. I can assign a quick key to a speed dial favorite on my unlocked GSM Treo 650 and it works fine. What is it you don't think works?

    OK, after reading further, it seems you want a number and not a character? I guess I don't understand since a number key has a character also. You want "2", the quick key shows "R". So what? You press and hold that key and it dials just like you wanted anyway, right?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    I guess maybe I don't understand the question. I can assign a quick key to a speed dial favorite on my unlocked GSM Treo 650 and it works fine. What is it you don't think works?

    OK, after reading further, it seems you want a number and not a character? I guess I don't understand since a number key has a character also. You want "2", the quick key shows "R". So what? You press and hold that key and it dials just like you wanted anyway, right?
    The dial pad is the image on your screen that you get when you press the green phone button. Nothing to do with the keyboard.

    I haven't come across any way to use this as a quick key. Try using the keys along the outer edge of the keyboard and maybe the "F" with its little dimple. Limited I know, but it might help you avoid the crash...
  9. #9  
    My custom quick keys don't work at all - do not dial, frozen, whether a letter or number, even F. Tried differnt letters and numbers. Something defective with the phone?
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
  10. #10  
    Certainly sounds bad. I have a locked (blue) Cingular 650 and the quick keys are working. MarkEagle seems to have your problem though. If he can't give you a clue, I see a return in your future..
  11. #11  
    im fine quick keys and all... just click a blank button and program away. under what type of button u want to do, there is call logg and dial pad?
    sanny
    los angeles, ca
    tmo with unbranded unlocked treo 650
    coolest thing: bluetooth syncing and internet browsing!
  12. #12  
    What crash? I'm not crashing.

    OK, the quickkeys are meant to be for the keyboard only. The phone app doesn't support the onscreen keypad as a quickkey. Seemed pretty plain to me from the manual. Can't really blame palmOne for functionality they didn't claim to be there. Using the keys on the keyboard works fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by cheers
    The dial pad is the image on your screen that you get when you press the green phone button. Nothing to do with the keyboard.

    I haven't come across any way to use this as a quick key. Try using the keys along the outer edge of the keyboard and maybe the "F" with its little dimple. Limited I know, but it might help you avoid the crash...
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  13. #13  
    Sure sounds to me like you have a hardware problem unless this is a Cingular specific bug. Using quick keys on the keyboard worked for me on both the Sprint and unlocked GSM versions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Levyesq
    Anyone else? My custom quick keys don't work on my unlocked GSM 650 running on Cingular. Even called Palmone and did a hard reset. Ran a test before hotsyncing my stuff back, and no go - not with letters or numbers, so no software conflicts. BTW, if you want to assign numbers, just use the keyboard. Doesn't dial for me, though.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  14. #14  
    I,ll be darned, I hadn't tried pressing the keyboard instead of the screen since I changed my quick keys to letters. Works fine now - thanks to this board. Now if you could only tell .me why I'm obsessing about this phone at 1 am Pacific time?
    Last edited by Levyesq; 02/16/2005 at 07:41 AM.
    Treo 750 and iPhone.

Posting Permissions