1.    #1  
    I've seen comparisons between the 600 images and the 650. even other users who have snapped images here and there.

mine look .. well. .. not so good.

compared to these images mine look like crap.

http://mconnick.textamerica.com/?qs=default&page=8

(mine are attached to this thread)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "sometimes i cut myself to relieve the pain. tehehe." --Toot Braunstein-->drawn together
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Make sure that you do not have any finger prints are smudges on your lens.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
  3.    #3  
    Cleaned off the lens.

downloaded Qset

first image i set the Qset value to 1 which should be real bad compression and a small file size however oddly enough its completely reverse.

perhaps qset doesnt work on the 650?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (63.5 KB, 174 views)
    • File Type: jpg 99.jpg (60.6 KB, 177 views)
    "sometimes i cut myself to relieve the pain. tehehe." --Toot Braunstein-->drawn together
    Make sure you are not using the 2x setting, that will just cut your resolution in half, even though you have it set for 640 x 480. Digital zoom should never be used. Also your pictures are indoors, and one has some motion. Try some with sunlight outside, and make sure you hold the phone very still, it is more awkward then a camera, and therefore harder to hold still. Repost some new pictures, so we can get some more comparisons.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twocows
    i set the Qset value to 1
    You're not supposed to set the QSet value to '1'. See post #38 in the original QSet thread.
  6.    #6  
    ok reset the device so it should have cleared it.

in any case it doesnt seem like theres a huge noticeable difference between 65 and 99.

a picture i found in the thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...achmentid=1687