Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 55
  1. wahili's Avatar
    Posts
    622 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
       #1  
    i tried posting this before but my title was too vague unfortunately ^_^ my thundercats reference was not good enough.. so here it is again. hope it gets some more airtime... anyone else who would find this useful should post here as well.

    This is what i posted before

    =======================================

    Hay shadowmite!
    dude you have been doing a bang up job. yer like neo hacking thru p1 agents to save xion.

    seriously i got a question for ya here...

    do you think it is in your ability to set something up to enable voicesignal to be launched by using a bluetooth headset button press. i would think something like this would be easier for you then the incredible feat of wifi activation!

    basically i just wanna be able to push the button on the earpiece and bring up Voicesignal so i can make calls.

    I was able to fake this with treo helper in the past with the treo 600 by having crappy voice command and setting it so that a hands free button press would be mapped to the * key which when dialed would dialup voice command.

    what do you think.. am i barking up the wrong tree with this one?

    hack it man! hack it!!!
  2. #2  
    I don't really know, that's something I haven't even remotely looked into. Being that I never tried Voice signal and all. Did you get the voice signal software to work? I heard everyone saying it didn't work I thought!

    Umm, that would really be more of a software issue than a hack. Someone writes a small app to detect the bluetooth event (headset button push) and then launches voice signal...
  3. #3  
    Yes VS works, quite well in fact

    The BT event would launch, but wouldn't transfer the VS audio request to headset or allow VS to receive commands from the headset.
  4. wahili's Avatar
    Posts
    622 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
       #4  
    yes exactly so. basically, Voicesignal itself works great just as they did on the Samsungs. I have heard in a few instances on this board that it was the Treo at fault because it didn't relay the Bluetooth "button hold" to the Treo to launch Voicesignal.

    As a standard, most phones that utilize voice signal require either holding the talk button down or the button on the headset down for 2 seconds which then launches voicesignal. basically, i think having to actually look at your treo and open voicesignal ruins the purpose of driving hands free and having a bluetooth headset ^_^

    enjoy your xmas man!
  5. #5  
    Rather than worry about the included oicemal software, many of us would prefer to have the side button activate the SprintPCS Voice command (by dialing * and then TALK. We are pating for this service so paying something to get this to work easy should also make sense.

    It should be a fairly basic hack and really does negate the need to look at the phone when using the SPrint Voice Command - the objective of the service in the first place.
  6. #6  
    voice dial 4 me only recognized my command 25% of the time. It got so bad I deleted it. What would be better is getting the headset to work with the mp3 players on the T650
    What ever you want, get it done at www.esitebid.com. Where competition bids value!
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by gkouri
    Rather than worry about the included oicemal software, many of us would prefer to have the side button activate the SprintPCS Voice command (by dialing * and then TALK. We are pating for this service so paying something to get this to work easy should also make sense.

    It should be a fairly basic hack and really does negate the need to look at the phone when using the SPrint Voice Command - the objective of the service in the first place.
    Find the program called "TapDial" It will allow you to put any Telephone # into the application launcher, then you can assign * to ANY hard button
  8. #8  
    FYI the TapDial program worked perfectly! Plus I created a "dial" tab in ZLauncher and put in my most common contacts and it's so easy to dial them now. Thanks for the tip!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by makad
    voice dial 4 me only recognized my command 25% of the time. It got so bad I deleted it. What would be better is getting the headset to work with the mp3 players on the T650
    Curious...voice dial 4 me is like 99% accurate. I use it a lot!!
  10. wahili's Avatar
    Posts
    622 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
       #10  
    same here.. very accurate for me. thats why this hack could be so useful for many of us so our phone could remain a pocket. id be so satisfied with a working bluespoon AX and voicesignal capability. i have not even purchased voicesignal yet because i find it useless to use if i actually have to touch the phone. otherwise i could just use the shortcut speedials.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by firstbeat
    FYI the TapDial program worked perfectly! Plus I created a "dial" tab in ZLauncher and put in my most common contacts and it's so easy to dial them now. Thanks for the tip!
    But can you wake up the phone and dial a # by just pressing the hard button on the side of the phone? This is what is needed. By reading wha it says on the TapDial site, it just lets you assign a button. And ofcourse the side button will not turn on the phone.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by skydivewags
    But can you wake up the phone and dial a # by just pressing the hard button on the side of the phone? This is what is needed. By reading wha it says on the TapDial site, it just lets you assign a button. And ofcourse the side button will not turn on the phone.
    Nope, but I'm hoping someone can add a hack to do this....see my request here.

    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=67354

    Shadow, jeff, anyone...can you help?????

    -Brian
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by bkrodgers
    Nope, but I'm hoping someone can add a hack to do this....see my request here.

    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=67354

    Shadow, jeff, anyone...can you help?????

    -Brian
    I can easily throw together the laucnhing of a program by pressing the BT headset button. It will of course disable the BT voice dial.

    I'll put something together tomorrow for people to try.

    As for the side button, I'll do that later. I have another program I want to do first that will take a couple of days to a week.

    Jeff
  14. wahili's Avatar
    Posts
    622 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
       #14  
    that would be freakin sweet but what do u mean disable the BT voice dial?
    what i want is to be able to launch Voice Signal from the bluetooth headset by holding down the button for 2 seconds or something but still letting a short press answer/hangup a call but the point would be to give a voice command to the voicesignal app so it can dial calls. since actualy Voice Tags dontw ork this would be ideal. of course i wouldnt want to have to turn on the screen before doing this because it would again defeat the purpose so it would have to wake up the phone too i would imagine.

    you da man to hook this up jeff!
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by wahili
    that would be freakin sweet but what do u mean disable the BT voice dial?
    what i want is to be able to launch Voice Signal from the bluetooth headset by holding down the button for 2 seconds or something but still letting a short press answer/hangup a call but the point would be to give a voice command to the voicesignal app so it can dial calls. since actualy Voice Tags dontw ork this would be ideal. of course i wouldnt want to have to turn on the screen before doing this because it would again defeat the purpose so it would have to wake up the phone too i would imagine.

    you da man to hook this up jeff!
    You are one up on me. I just "officially" got my BT headset today form my wife. I've been developing with it for a week though but have had no time to play with it. I was just assuming that voice tags worked.

    Just an update. I've been playing with the button functionality and I have it working! I will package up a solution and deliver it tomorrow. How about that??????

    Jeff
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    You are one up on me. I just "officially" got my BT headset today form my wife. I've been developing with it for a week though but have had no time to play with it. I was just assuming that voice tags worked.

    Just an update. I've been playing with the button functionality and I have it working! I will package up a solution and deliver it tomorrow. How about that??????

    Jeff
    Awesome, thanks, I figured you could put this together easy enough...
  17. wahili's Avatar
    Posts
    622 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
       #17  
    holy crap. i so would not be surprised if p1 picked the both of you up!
  18. #18  
    no kidding...they're our robin hoods, except they don't steal. they sacrafice a lot of their time to provide us with a better phone, even though palmOne should have done a lot of things right from the first place.
  19. #19  
    I'd be interested in this app as well - I suspect that the hard part would be getting the BT audo to the VS application - can that even be done? If not, VS will be listening to the Treo's mic, which may be shoved in a pocket somewhere.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

    Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Just an update. I've been playing with the button functionality and I have it working! I will package up a solution and deliver it tomorrow. How about that??????

    Jeff
    Jeff,

    Have we told you lately that we love you?

    -Brian
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions