Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Voice Signal doesn't accept the commands thru the headset. VS said that thier software will do it, but plam needs to implement the "hook" (whatever that means) to make it work.

Hope that helps.
    Thaks for the input everyone! Looks like this is a feature that is still waiting for a solution. My guess is that once the "hook" is released, Voice Commands native to BlueTooth will also work.

Is there still a chance that this "hook" is hidden the same way that DUN was hidden?

Jeff
    I believe that the "hook" can be implemented in the BT stack. VS does accept commands thru a wired headset, so it shouldn't be difficult.
    Yeah.. Currently when you start voicesignal it only accepts input through either a wired headset or the built-in mic. Have the button on the side of the headset activate the app is kind of useless unless the headset can be used to speak the command.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Thaks for the input everyone! Looks like this is a feature that is still waiting for a solution. My guess is that once the "hook" is released, Voice Commands native to BlueTooth will also work.

Is there still a chance that this "hook" is hidden the same way that DUN was hidden?

Jeff
    Well, I have seen a few other things in the code that are geared specifically to stop things from happening, but I have no idea what. It's not labeled very well! Umm, I could try to see if I see something that would explain the audio not getting threw, but I doubt I can fix it... I think it's more likely I could enable the 650 to pair with anything!
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Hmm, I'll take a stab at it. The early treo and ipod suck, the new ones rule, the a680 is a backup only phone, and snarf... Well... Looks a little gay?
    lol.. yeah it was probably more straightforward before i added snarf..
    if you click on Snarf it explains it all... but basically its a blue snarf.. BLUESNARF.. get it.. hyuk hyuk... i know its lame.. its almost time for a new sig anyway since the Treo is now out.

its cool you guys jumped into this head first. much MUCH respect!
    For the record, I'd still find the hack that I requested to enable the side button to work with the phone off and the keyguard on very useful. yes, you still have to touch the phone, and I'd still have to talk into the phone mic to do the voice dial, but I wouldn't need to pay much attention to do it. Just grab the phone, find the side button, press and hold, the phone wakes up and launches voice dial.

OR...even better, if you use Sprint's voice command, you can use TapDial to assign that to the side button, and since that's a true phone call, that *would* work over the BT headset!
    Quote Originally Posted by bkrodgers
    For the record, I'd still find the hack that I requested to enable the side button to work with the phone off and the keyguard on very useful. yes, you still have to touch the phone, and I'd still have to talk into the phone mic to do the voice dial, but I wouldn't need to pay much attention to do it. Just grab the phone, find the side button, press and hold, the phone wakes up and launches voice dial.

OR...even better, if you use Sprint's voice command, you can use TapDial to assign that to the side button, and since that's a true phone call, that *would* work over the BT headset!
    OK but thats not what Wahilli started this thread to accomplish
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    OK but thats not what Wahilli started this thread to accomplish
    Not specifically, but the goal is similar -- to have an easy way to do voice dial.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    the true goal is to be able to make a call via button push > voice dial app via bluetooth with your phone in your pocket ^_^
    Last edited by wahili; 12/26/2004 at 10:39 PM.
    Right on wahili!!
    For some feedback on the hack: I used it with my moto HS820. I set it to launch voicedial and it did a soft reset 3 times and then hung at the palm powered screen. I reset once and it did the same. Then I pulled the battery out and it finally started up.

As for the voice dialing, i think it is included in the bt stack right now. My headset uses a short click to do a voice dial. If I look at the icon on top of the phone app when I try it it flashes in sequence with the audio tones on the headset. Then when I say something, it flashes in synce with the tones for the end of the voice dial sequence. So it seems the bt stack recognizes the voice dial attempt, it is just not being implemented in software. Maybe someone needs to pipe the voice data coming through the bt heaset to the sound manager to trick voice dial into thinking it comes from the micro phone.
    I got the hack to work with my SE 660. It is very specific as to how it works, you have to do a quick press on the headeset and it will read it on the phone, once the headset goes back into standny mode, while the phone is still in read (white bluetooth logo) do al ong press and at the very least the button activating voice dial works everytime.

Hope this helps!

A
    Update, voicedial is no longer working, when I try to open it some code opens in the voice dial prompt screen this code is as follows,

VST Assert
    src\vst_ui_si_cmds.c
    line 1646

What can I do to fix this?
    OK, that *does* work for me... It's a bit tricky to get the hang of, however.

I can definitively say that Voice Dial is *NOT* picking up headset audio.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    Error went away with soft reset, button pressing sequence works everytime without fail. Sure it will make the 650 unhappy in some way, but for now, it is a promise of a bright symbiotic future!

Thanks!

A
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123