Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Holy crap!!!?? excuse me.. You mean you have the BT voicedial thing working? Without taking my phone out of my pocket?? That's sweet. Ok.. I'll pay for that, if it works..
    Looking forward to seeing the solution!
    Charliec
    Quote Originally Posted by bkrodgers
    Jeff,

Have we told you lately that we love you?

-Brian
    Awe! You are making me blush and feel warm all over!

Seriously though, I will hopefully have something out today but I was delayed because I lost a drive in one of my system last night. Having to spend some time now rebuilding it from backup.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Awe! You are making me blush and feel warm all over!

Seriously though, I will hopefully have something out today but I was delayed because I lost a drive in one of my system last night. Having to spend some time now rebuilding it from backup.

Jeff
    Jeff as I understand it you are talking about allowing the the headset button to wake up the treo and launch the VoiceSignal app.... Correct?

I think people beleive that you are going to also transfer VS audio to the headset so they can also use the headset to bark thier commands. Is this what you intend to do?
    I am trying to give people the ability to launch any program they want by simply pressing the button on the headset when the phone is not active. If that program is a voice launcher, then the answer to part of your question is yes. We can make additions and enhancements once I get this part working 100%.

Jeff
    I am trying to give people the ability to launch any program they want by simply pressing the button on the headset when the phone is not active. If that program is a voice launcher, then the answer to part of your question is yes. We can make additions and enhancements once I get this part working 100%.

Jeff

That would be great. Thanks for the effort and picking up the slack where p1 has failed us. lol
    Is it possible to include transfering VS audio to the headset among the additions and enhancements?

I really want to know if that is even a possiblity in your upcoming app.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Is it possible to include transfering VS audio to the headset among the additions and enhancements?

I really want to know if that is even a possiblity in your upcoming app.
    That all depends on the voice application and if it is coded to accept input from the headset. I am doing nothing special to do the voice transfer.
    That all depends on the voice application and if it is coded to accept input from the headset. I am doing nothing special to do the voice transfer.
    Thanks
    Here is something all be it very inconsistent. Don't knwo if I can actually solve this one easily. Give it a try and let me know if it works at all for people. Basically, you need to press the headset button once to have it "sync" with the Treo and become recognized. Then a long press is supposed to launch the desired application. I am having problems with it recognizing the long press. Am curious if others find the same problem.

Jeff
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Mixed results:

SBH-660 - long push seemed to do nothing.

HS-810 - Long push apparently redials the Treo (!). When BT Button Launcher (BTBL?) is enabled, I get the confirmation tone, then the Treo redials. The app is never launched. Further, BTmute at that point throws all kinds of input at the screen, which went a little wacko, starting Blazer and going into the bookmarks. That, of course, is a seperate issue.

In neither case, however, did I get the app to come up.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    ooh the thread blew up a little..

a friend bought by BT250 just today so i cannot test it till mid week. i am planning on having a bluespoon ax shipped to me this week if all goes ok.

jeff you are great for tryin this out! hope ya stick it out. like wifi is awesome but its so weird when you cant do expected things like this outta the box.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTampa
    Mixed results:

SBH-660 - long push seemed to do nothing.

HS-810 - Long push apparently redials the Treo (!). When BT Button Launcher (BTBL?) is enabled, I get the confirmation tone, then the Treo redials. The app is never launched. Further, BTmute at that point throws all kinds of input at the screen, which went a little wacko, starting Blazer and going into the bookmarks. That, of course, is a seperate issue.

In neither case, however, did I get the app to come up.
    I was afraid of that! I spent a couple of hours last night and most of the AM today trying to get this to work. I am not ready to admit defeat but this one looks like a long shot right now. Beyond just getting the an app to launch, does VL today take commands from the headset or only from the phone?
    BTW, Wahili, I'm still puzzling over your signature graphic there.... Can you explain it?

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTampa
    BTW, Wahili, I'm still puzzling over your signature graphic there.... Can you explain it?
    Hmm, I'll take a stab at it. The early treo and ipod suck, the new ones rule, the a680 is a backup only phone, and snarf... Well... Looks a little gay?
    Here is something all be it very inconsistent. Don't knwo if I can actually solve this one easily. Give it a try and let me know if it works at all for people. Basically, you need to press the headset button once to have it "sync" with the Treo and become recognized. Then a long press is supposed to launch the desired application. I am having problems with it recognizing the long press. Am curious if others find the same problem.

Jeff
    JeffGibson

No Luck.. Moto HS 810 NOTHING not even a redial as reported earlier. Please don't give up on this. I programmed it to my sprint VoiceDial ( * ). What an incrediable asset that would be while driving, the ultimate in "Hands Free"
    I was afraid of that! I spent a couple of hours last night and most of the AM today trying to get this to work. I am not ready to admit defeat but this one looks like a long shot right now. Beyond just getting the an app to launch, does VL today take commands from the headset or only from the phone?
    Shadowmite, Could there be hidden support for voice commands in the 650 like there was for DUN and WiFi?

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by sleibow
    JeffGibson

No Luck.. Moto HS 810 NOTHING not even a redial as reported earlier. Please don't give up on this. I programmed it to my sprint VoiceDial ( * ). What an incrediable asset that would be while driving, the ultimate in "Hands Free"
    Before I put any more work into this can someone tell me how VL handles the BT headset? I don't use VL so I'm looking to someone who does at this point.

So the question really is this:

If you startup VL and have your BT headset turned on, can you talk into the headset and have VL pickup on your voice commands? Or do you need to talk into the actual phone to get VL to work?

My fear is that I can put hours of work into getting VL to launch with the headset button only to have an unworkable solution.

Jeff
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $there$ $is$ $no$ $known$ $way$ $to$ $pipe$ $audio$ $from$ $the$ $BT$ $headset$ $to$ $the$ $audio$ $in$ $channel$ $of$ $the$ $Treo$ $save$ $for$ $a$ $phone$ $call$. $That$ $being$ $said$, $supposedly$ $VoiceDial$ $will$ $be$ $able$ $to$ $hear$ $a$ $command$ $given$ $on$ $the$ $wired$ $headset$. $I$ $have$ $covered$ $the$ $mic$ $on$ $the$ $Treo$ $and$ $tried$ $things$ $that$ $might$ $have$ $worked$ $with$ $BT$ ($short$ $push$ - $watching$ $the$ $BT$ $logo$ $reverse$ $on$ $the$ $Treo$, $etc$), $but$ $no$ $joy$. $It$ $might$ $even$ $be$ $a$ $BT$ $profile$ $issue$ - $I$ $don$'$t$ $know$ $enough$ $about$ $BT$ $or$ $the$ $Treo$'$s$ $handling$ $of$ $it$ $at$ $this$ $point$ $to$ $speculate$ $further$.

BTW... I goofed before.. The redial was NOT on an HS-810 - I returned that unit but apparently miss it. It was an HS-850.

Before I put any more work into this can someone tell me how VL handles the BT headset? I don't use VL so I'm looking to someone who does at this point.

So the question really is this:

If you startup VL and have your BT headset turned on, can you talk into the headset and have VL pickup on your voice commands? Or do you need to talk into the actual phone to get VL to work?

My fear is that I can put hours of work into getting VL to launch with the headset button only to have an unworkable solution.

Jeff
    Voice Signal doesn't accept the commands thru the headset. VS said that thier software will do it, but plam needs to implement the "hook" (whatever that means) to make it work.

Hope that helps.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast