Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Go in bookmarks in Blazer. Select your favorite, and a moment later, press the center button on the 5-way pad.

Boom, crash city.

Very replicated.

Way to go P1. Another excellent bug not found during the non-existent QA process.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    That doesn't crash mine. I've been doing that for a month now.
    Huh? I've probably done this thousands of times (you mean selecting the Blazer bookmark and then using the center button to select it and go to the link, right?). This is one action that has never crashed my 650.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Check your third party software. I bet something isn't playing nice with yoru 650
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
  5.    #5  
    I don't think you understand...

select the bookmark with the center button....when you see "sending", click the center button again.

Crash.

This is on a plain 650...no third party apps install.

Have replicated it on 15 different 650s...will do more after the holiday.
    not for me just tried this and it works fine

Fred
    I just tried it too. I tried multiple times with all kinds of different key combinations and variations of what you said, but nothing resets.

I had a problem with it resetting before, but through people on this forum and doing some research, I figured out that running the Sprint Business Connection from the memory card is what was causing the resets. Now that I've cleaned up the memory and allocated only tested 650 apps to the card...she flies like an eagle.

Merry Christmas to all!!!
    I see, so do something that makes no sense in order to crash it? Why would you press the send button again after you already told it to go get a page?

In any case, I just tried this about a dozen times and no crash at all.

So this is not a universal bug. But even if it was I'd have to say who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    I don't think you understand...

select the bookmark with the center button....when you see "sending", click the center button again.

Crash.

This is on a plain 650...no third party apps install.

Have replicated it on 15 different 650s...will do more after the holiday.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    That is probably the strangest bug I have heard of.

Okay, I did what you said. Selected a bookmark, clicked the center button, waited a few seconds, clicked the center button again while it said "sending". No crash here. Tried it with my partner's 650. Again, no crash.
    Yeah, I replicated the crash with mine. Who cares though. It's actually a good way of soft resetting. Better than going under the battery cover.
    Yeah, I'm easy to please.
    Tried it. No crash.
    No crash on mine either. Must be an APP you have on ur phone. Works perfect for me.
    Crashed for me. Of course, I wouldn't have ever tried that particular sequence of events/keys unless prompted. ##377 shows a fatal exception in "Web".
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    No crash here either. And I've got a buttload of 3rd party apps and hacks.

Have replicated it on 15 different 650s...
    Sorry, but I don't believe you.
    I got a few random resets trying this. It didn't happen everytime, maybe 3 out of 10, so it's hard to tell what's causing it. ##377 gives me a fatal exception in 'Web' as well.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    I did what mikec said, & unfortunately my T650 crashed on cue.
    What ever you want, get it done at www.esitebid.com. Where competition bids value!
  18.    #18  
    You won't believe me, but will you believe the other half dozen who just replicated.

Open mouth, insert foot, and SAND.

The trick is to press the second click right after selecting the bookmark. Waiting a full second may be too long.

Very easy to press an extra click when you are spinning around the web, or click on the wrong one and want to stop it.

This is not a 3rd party issue, but a PalmOne issue.

As for those who say it's a useful reset tool, the only time you'd need a reset is when it locks up, usually in another app.

I wonder how many more jems are out there.

The other thing you don't seem to realize....YOU CAN USE THIS TO HARD RESET SOMEONES PALM WITH REMOVING THE BATTERY.

(assuming you know to hold down the power button).

The pranksterism is already afoot...
    No crashes here.
    No problem at all with Blazer. Tried clicking multiple times in 2 seconds right after the first click and nothing happened.

I only have a few third-party apps.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast