1.    #1  
    I spoke with a Cingular representative at one of the main stores in Modesto, CA. And, according to him Cingular is currently testing the Treo 650, but if PalmOne can't fix the bugs Cingular might pass on the Treo 650.

If I worked at Cingular and had to make a decision, I would not carry Treo 650's if it had the same problems the Sprint version has.

Al
    Yeah, retail store clerks are certainly the most knowlegable about what phones their company is going to offer.

I would really be surprised if Cingular doesn't offer it. P1 officials have stated in a number of forums that Sprint and Cingular have signed on to carry the 650. The real question is when.

Quote Originally Posted by acajigas
    I spoke with a Cingular representative at one of the main stores in Modesto, CA. And, according to him Cingular is currently testing the Treo 650, but if PalmOne can't fix the bugs Cingular might pass on the Treo 650.

If I worked at Cingular and had to make a decision, I would not carry Treo 650's if it had the same problems the Sprint version has.

Al
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    There is a thread devoted to GSM & Cingular discussion. It would have been great had this been discussed over there called. "I will wait for GSM. Who is with me?" http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=61607

Otherwise it is impossible!. No logic in that. But let's just say that "all knowing" "in store" Cingular Rep is right and Cingular decides not to carry the T650. Palm will simply sell us the unlocked version directly and we could move over our SIM cards. Don't fret it....

Quote Originally Posted by acajigas

4.    #4  
    My guess is that the Treo 650 won't be release by Cingular as it is right now. It would be a stupid move by Cingular to sell a buggy product that will bring them more problems the revenue. Only God knows when PalmOne will fix all those bugs.

Al
    My guess is that Cingular will release anything that will make them money. Also, you should know to never listen to a sales person in any store. I would say most of the regulars on this board could give you better info.
    Every phone has some bugs, but what are you really talking about? It is still the best phone out there. Or please let me know if you find a better device.