1.    #1  
    Has anyone else had the same experience?? I bought several applications from P1/Handango (Palm One branded site, "powered" by Handango). My Treo needed to be replaced. The new Treo wouldn't work with the registration keys of some of the applications because I had a new ESN now.

Upon MANY, MANY, MANY, MANY (etc) attempts to contact Palm One AND Handango -- I was given one option. Send an email to the support group who would get back to me within 48 hours. After a week I sent in another message, attempted to call the home office (on my dime), and again attempted to contact Palm One. No joy. Finally I attempted to fill out their "I want a refund" form and send it in to see if I got a response. Nada.

Finally, after nearly 2 weeks -- I got an email back from customer support. "Gee, we're sorry for the delay, we're still working on getting to your message. We just ended up with too many emails to handle." Of course, I replied and told them not to bother, that I wanted a refund. Then I promptly contact American Express and told them to dispute the charges because I never received a working product. They did.

I'm hoping that someone from Palm One might read this message. If so, you should be aware that your "relationship" with Handango is NOT helping your customer service. As the old axium goes, if you make your customer happy you've made one person happy. But if you mistreat your customer, he will share that experience with 9 other people. Or maybe worse, on a forum board for your product.

Anyone from P1 or Handango is welcome to send me a PM to get any more information. I've gotten MY money back (thank you Amex), buy you might be interested to keep this from happening to any customers with thinner skin than mine.
    KitMoni
    Quote Originally Posted by kitmoni
    The new Treo wouldn't work with the registration keys of some of the applications because I had a new ESN now.
    The ESN has nothing to do with software registration codes. They're usually tied to the hotsync ID. If you used a different ID on the new Treo, that would account for at least part of your problem, though you should have been able to re-enter the reg keys into each app.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Handago is the most worthless vendor I've ever dealt with. I bought several Series 60 apps from them several months ago. Every single registration code from them didn't work. I finally got codes working by contacting the vendors directly, but it took me two months and alot of efforts to do. Every single email to Handago took them at least two weeks to respond to, and it usually took about three loops and they would send me back the same code that didn't work in the beginning!

They truely have the market on stupidity cornered. Buy from anyone else but them! Having said that I did buy the Voice Dial software from them, but only because it seemed P1 didn't give you any other way to do it.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Interesting; I've bought lots of software apps from Handango and have not had a single problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    The ESN has nothing to do with software registration codes. They're usually tied to the hotsync ID. If you used a different ID on the new Treo, that would account for at least part of your problem, though you should have been able to re-enter the reg keys into each app.
    that's not true with VoiceDial...it is tied to the esn. I am going through the same trouble.
    No, no, no. This particular problem does not belong to Handango nor P1. It is the SOFTWARE DEVELOPER who implemented a security scheme based on a device ID instead of a Hotsync ID. MMPlayer is just one example and VoiceDial may be another. (I've never tried the latter so I cannot confirm that.)

These software developers are more worried about people stealing their software than the satisfaction of honest customers. When I discover a product is based on device ID, I either don't purchase the software or request an immediate refund. I purchase hundreds of dollars of software each year and do not have the time to contact every developer when my buggy Smartphone is replaced.
    They are one of the worst companies I ever had to deal with every time I try to purchase somethng from them I get an error code this is going on for months I e mail them and they hardly ever give me the proper answer to the question. Tried calling and could not get through to live person very frustrating then I go to palm gear and make my purchase there
    Fred
    Also to avoid is PalmGear. I used to have no problems with them, but I do now. I've had several bad codes from them, although they are more prompt. Today I was looking for the offical AOL Palm OS AIM client. PalmGear said it cost $19.95 - I went to the AOL site and downloaded it for free.
    I've bought all of my software through palmgear and have been very happy with them. No probs at all. gonna stay away from Handango, looks like.
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
  10.    #10  
    First, I understand what you mean about the reg. codes. But as earkier stated, some developers have taken to using ESNs (Voice Dial was the first I had a problem with). This rendered my replacement Treo incapable of using that program.

As for who owns the problem -- I think the issue still belongs to "HandSTINKO". That is who I paid, and that is who is my point of contact for service. To not give your customers a way to contact you for a problem is NOT the way to keep my business. Yes, my expectations are high. But for a company who doesn't allow you to call and talk with a live body -- suggesting a 48 hour wait for a response is not good. Even worse when that 48 hours becomes more than two weeks as it did for me.
    KitMoni
    personally, ive had no problems with handango...maybe its just me tho
    no problems with either palmgear or handango at all...it is normally the software vendor whom I've had to chase if there have been probs if they have not sent out the reg details in time
    handago suck i stick with palmgear now and have not had a problem
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    I had the exact same problem with Voice Dial and the disastrous Handango. After getting no respnose from either Handango or Palm One, I sent an email to the makers of Voice Dial. The registration code for Voice Dial would not work with my replacement Treo. I got a very rapid response from them which got the ball rolling. Within 24 hours I received telephone calls from them as well as believe it or not a manager at Handango, and finally was given a $20 credit to repurchase voice dial from my new Treo. She probably will not appreciate my posting this, but they deserve it for all their terrible CS. Here is the information for the Director of C.S. who FINALLY helped me:

Linda von der Heide
    Director, Customer Service
    Handango, Inc.
    817-804-2239