1.    #1  
    I bought the treo 650 to replace my phone and palm. plus i wanted the capability of checking email and AIM. now that i have the treo, i keep getting this error 3000 code and cant surf. i have since realized this happens at my house and the sprint store but the phone works at work and my girlfriends house, very frustrating. Anyways yesterday i missed multiple calls because i was surfing the net. I couldnt believe that the phone did not interupt my surfing to tell me there was a call, instead it sent the callers to voicemail. wtf. A friend of mine has a tmobile sidekick and says calls come in fine all the time. i know they have less coverage but i mean ill get IM, email, and a phone; plus no error 3000 in my house and the calls wont be sent to voicemail. is Palm going to fix this because this is a serious problem to me who is on the net a lot.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    This is the way the Treo's have always worked. You can't be actively surf the web and receive phone calls.

You can try a sidekick but you will hate it if you have been using a 650.
    Grace & Peace,

utey
    Paris Hilton uses a Sidekick. 'nuff said.
    For what ???
  5.    #5  
    i dont think i will hate it. at least i will get phone calls. plus, i use my palm mostly fro contacts, and appointments, the other apps im not familiar with because im coming from a windows based PDA.
    You cant do both voice and data at the same time on the current sprint system. Just won't work no matter what the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    You cant do both voice and data at the same time on the current sprint system. Just won't work no matter what the phone.
    :agreed: Until Spring rolls out full EVDO and you have an EVDO compaitble device, you'll nevery be able to surf vision and get phone calls...it's just not going to happen.

If you really want a sidekick, go for it, but if that's all you want, a Treo 650 is overkill for you anyway.
  8.    #8  
    im not really a power user, i mean im only 20. but i did use my other palm(windows OS) a lot. im just not familiar with the Palm as i havent used one since i had my visor platinum years ago. I dont think its overkill because i do use other apps, its just my main focus is email, IM, internet, phone, contacts, to do list, etc. i like the MP3 feature of the 650 and some other things that it can do, it just annoys me about not getting calls while being on the internet, that means if im expecting an important call, i cant go online. As much as i think i would benefit from the sidekicks awesome IM and web browsing experience, im concerned about their small network size. Plus the 650 is so expansive with the programs it has. I have till Jan 31st to make my decision about the 650, I like it but we'll see what happens, i may just wait till sprint comes out with better technology with less bugs
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzz27
    Paris Hilton uses a Sidekick. 'nuff said.
    so does Lindsay Lohan and snoop but who cares?

The sidekick is a piece of trash and i'll tell you why.

1) you cant add software without shelling out major $$ to tmobile. you install software through what they call the "Catalog".

2) the whole cool factor with the screen gets old. that hinge that rotates the screen open BREAKS and has broken on many people.

3) reception is crap. GPRS is down .. A LOT!

4) Its a brick for crying out loud!

5) refer to 1...

just my .02cents
    "sometimes i cut myself to relieve the pain. tehehe." --Toot Braunstein-->drawn together
    Even Lindsay Lohan can't make the Sidekick look sexy. How do you think you're going to look holding that thing up to your ear?

(Okay, she makes it a little sexy.)
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion9k
    im not really a power user, i mean im only 20. but i did use my other palm(windows OS) a lot. ...
    Is there a Palm device running Windows OS? Now you got me opened my wallet and had my credit card ready.

Quote Originally Posted by jrsmooth
    Is there a Palm device running Windows OS? Now you got me opened my wallet and had my credit card ready.

He probably means ppc. You have to keep in mind not everyone is a geek!

In terms of CDMA/1xrtt v GSM/GPRS neither can take incoming calls while a data session is active. GPRS just does a much better job of getting data in short bursts so the connection is dormant the majority of the time. Even while browsing.

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by robber
    He probably means ppc. You have to keep in mind not everyone is a geek!

In terms of CDMA/1xrtt v GSM/GPRS neither can take incoming calls while a data session is active. GPRS just does a much better job of getting data in short bursts so the connection is dormant the majority of the time. Even while browsing.

-rob
    i hope you are right, i am trying to feel that i made the right choice with my sprint t650 over the cingular t600
    Why not wait for the Treo 650 for GSM (ie Cingular/AT&TWireless) when it is released within the next month or so. Then it can be used with TMobile just like the sidekick to take calls while surfing. I would just stick with AT&T which uses Edge for faster internet speeds.
    Good Luck!
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    the sidekick received a pretty good review from ultramookie: http://www.ultramookie.com/index.php?p=1120. it works for some people, it doesn't for others...

fyi, it appears the 650 isn't the only phone plagued with sound issues:
    http://www.ultramookie.com/index.php?p=1126
    1st SFG (A)

if at first you don't succeed - RELOAD!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    For what ???
    Recording her videos??