1.    #1  
    PalmOne tech support keeps on telling me that the ship date for my "advanced replacement" unit has slipped, now for another week. It's like they've run out of refurbished 600s to send out as replacements.

Nearly three weeks ago, my Treo 600 started spontaneously resetting, erasing everything -- even the date. It was like the "factory reset" button was permanently pressed.

I've been paying handset insurance from Cingular, but I thought this was a simple, quick advanced exchange. But the ship date keeps on moving out.

Anyone else in this situation?
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I hope they would just send us brand new units. Since they are clearly out of Treo 600s, I hope they can send us a Treo 650.

I wonder if they are manufacturing the 600 anymore? I have a Cingular GSM one.
    I've never owned a "regular" phone, and never will.

Handspring Visorphone, Handspring Treo 180, Handspring Treo 600, PalmOne Treo 650....
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna
    I hope they would just send us brand new units. Since they are clearly out of Treo 600s, I hope they can send us a Treo 650.

If my 600 breaks, they had better send me a 600 in return.
    If they are gonna swap phones on me, it should at least be as good as the one that I had.

Or a 650 with equivalent internal memory to the 600 and about $200 in cables, batteries, etc to match my existing investment for the 600.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    I hate to tell you this but I once waited 6 weeks! It was a major bummer. Most of the time was spent waiting for T-Mobile to come through. Finally I called Palm and got a replacement.
    Up the Creek.... Try the River!
    www.riverontheweb.com

Moblog: bluefrog.textamerica.com
    I had the same problem masinter. My phone died on Dec 3rd and I went into a Cingular store to find out:

1) I had ordered the insurance, but BlackBerry and Treo devices not insured -- even though they knew the phone type I had - DUH! 8 month insurance credit onto my account that I don't even pay. Work pays because I need a phone 100% of the time.

2) Cingular no longer offers loaners.

3) I called Cingular for an Exchange and they exchange all phone, except Treo.

4) Called Palm1, advance shipment. Finally shipped on the 22nd. Dec 3rd -22nd is more than 3 days. Now it is stuck in mid-america snow hell. Should arrive Monday.

Right now I am on the web deciding if I either a) buy a back Treo phone or b) switch to a Sony Ericsson P910 which everyone else at work uses, loves and fast replacement.

I CANNOT be without a phone for 3 weeks. This is silly.
  6.    #6  
    cingular insurance doesn't cover Treos? I've been paying since I got a Treo! I guess I should cancel. I didn't see any exclusion anywhere on the Cingular site.

PalmOne told me the advanced ship replacement would be 1-3 days on Dec 7; ship date is now estimated Dec 29.
    palm said the 600 is not being produced anymore.
    With Verizon, they ship a refurbished Treo 600. My first time,replacement arrived in 3 days. The next 2 times it took almost a week. I bought mine from Palm but I am on verizon and they are replacing it after determinig the fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by masinter
    cingular insurance doesn't cover Treos? I've been paying since I got a Treo! I guess I should cancel. I didn't see any exclusion anywhere on the Cingular site.

PalmOne told me the advanced ship replacement would be 1-3 days on Dec 7; ship date is now estimated Dec 29.
    Yep, I was extremely shocked to find this out because; a) Cingular knew what kind of phone I had, I actually went into the store to set up service after getting it from palm1, b) the insurance company knew because they made a test call to my phone and c) when the phone broke, the person at the store told me I could use either avenues to replace it.

The end result was 8 months credit to my account since they don't actually insure BlackBerry's or Handspring products (or any future smartphone MSRP over $500 from what they are telling me).

If you are paying for insurance, I would definately call and have a conversation with them. Also, several of the reps I ended up speaking to said they wouldn't even write over a 1 year contract on the Treo due to this situation.

The sad news is I might end up giving up the Treo (that I love) for a different, more reliable phone. I travel a lot and can't have this phone break when I am on the road, that won't work.
  10.    #10  
    My "estimated ship date" just got bumped another week; now they're telling me January 4 for my so-called "Advanced Exchange".
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    About a month late........
    I've never owned a "regular" phone, and never will.

Handspring Visorphone, Handspring Treo 180, Handspring Treo 600, PalmOne Treo 650....