1.    #1  
    When I shut off my Treo 650 (completely off--not just phone off), I get a quick flash of a white screen before the palm shuts off. Sometimes (like after a hard reset), I don't get this white screen flash. But, if I shut it off again, a few minutes later, I get this white flash again at shut off. Anything I should be concerned with? Does yours do the same?
    Last edited by deer8; 12/25/2004 at 10:11 AM.
    I get a *very* brief white screen before the hello or goodbye splash screen comes on. If that's what you're talking about, it's nothing to be concerned about as far as I can tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by deer8
    When I shut off my Treo 650, I get a quick flash of a white screen before the palm shuts off. Sometimes (like after a hard reset), I don't get this white screen flash. But, if I shut it off again, a few minutes later, I get this white flash again at shut off. Anything I should be concerned with? Does yours do the same?
    I get a brief white screen too. Never happened with my 600, but I get that white screen and the unit freezes up when going in and out of reception areas and in and out of roaming areas. It seems to me that the 650 phone is very slow to adjust its settings. I can sit for a minute when I enter an area with no sprint signal or a roaming signal and my phone will not work. Finally it seems to come back to life. It's getting annoying. I keep praying for a P1 fix.
  4.    #4  
    To clarify, the white screen come on just very quickly (1/4 second) right after I hit the power off button (not the "phone off" but the "power off" for the whole Treo).

But other times, the screen just powers off without the white flash first.
    Last edited by deer8; 12/25/2004 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Need to clarify
    Quote Originally Posted by deer8
    To clarify, the white screen come on just very quickly (1/4 second) right after I hit the power off button (not the "phone off" but the "power off" for the whole Treo).

But other times, the screen just powers off without the white flash first.
    My 650 is doing this as well, but does it both when the screen powers up and when it powers off. I've tried soft and hard resets. At first it was intermittent, but now the "white flash" happens every time the screen comes on or goes off, even after a hard reset, before anything else is installed. Anybody found a solution? (Or should I just get sprint to replace my unit?)
  6.    #6  
    Mine hardly does this at all anymore.

When it does come back, it seems to happen right after I pull it off the charger. It almost seems like a "battery too full" problem. I think mine started happening less when I let the battery run down to almost nothing just one time and then recharged.

It also seems to happen when I turn it on and then off rather quickly a few times in a row. Again, it seems to too much power is inside or something.