1.    #1  
    Hi,

I have TWO Gmail invites to give away for anyone who can send me a link or the setup file for Palm Desktop for the Treo 650 for Windows XP. I don't need the whole cd (as that would be illegal), but just the Palm Desktop and the Hotsync Manager. I'm in a very urgent need, as I leave for the US (CES) in one day, so please help a fellow Treo-owner out
    Last edited by djr; 12/24/2004 at 07:12 PM.
    - always ill, but highly intelligent -
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $Palm$ $Desktop$ $for$ $the$ $650$ $is$ $only$ $available$ $on$ $the$ $CD$ $at$ $this$ $time$.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Quote Originally Posted by djr
    I don't need the whole cd (as that would be illegal), but just the Palm Desktop and the Hotsync Manager.
    Why would sending you the whole CD be illegal, but sending you a portion of it not?
    The palm desktop software is free, however the pre registered programs are for registered treo 650 owners. Since the person asking for the software can't prove he/she is entitled to it, he/she is only asking for what is freely distributed. P1 has yet to provide a link to it because they fear 600 users will mistakenly download and cause them a support nightmare.
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    I wish I could help last week I made a simillar offer. However I ended up buying missing sync for the mac. I wish I could help.
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $Palm$ $Desktop$ $for$ $the$ $650$ $is$ $only$ $available$ $on$ $the$ $CD$ $at$ $this$ $time$.
    Hi MarkEagle,

That's what I'm aware of, so I was hoping someone would zip up the contents of the setup-directory and send that.
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jfmcdowell357
    The palm desktop software is free, however the pre registered programs are for registered treo 650 owners. Since the person asking for the software can't prove he/she is entitled to it, he/she is only asking for what is freely distributed. P1 has yet to provide a link to it because they fear 600 users will mistakenly download and cause them a support nightmare.
    Exactly .. the Treo 650 cd also contains DocsToGo 7 for example, and distributing that would be illegal (I'm the webmaster of a Palm USer Group, so very well aware of that issue). I do however only need the Palm Desktop part, and that's free as mentioned before.

Still hoping someone is able to help out.

- jp
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
    Hello! I can zip up the contents and send you a link to my iBackup account to download. Let me get on it. I assume you are still in need? PM me.
    It is uploaded and ready for your download. Let me know when you have gotten it so I can delete it! Good luck.
  10.    #10  
    Hi Lighting,

Thanks man! You absolutely made my Christmas day PM me two different email addresses so I can send you the GMail invites.
    I have downloaded the Palm Desktop, so you may remove it from your iBackup account if you wish,

Cheers man, it's much much appreciated!

- jp
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
  11.    #11  
    Mods, this thread may be closed. The GMail invite offer is also closed and Lightning may contact me for his two invites as promised.

- jp
    webmaster Palmclub.nl