Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I currently have my 650 synced to my PowerBook and a PC. I use Missing Sync to sync with Entourage 2004 on the PowerBook.

I'd like to be able to keep my contacts updated on .mac, but understand that Entourage and .mac contacts don't work together. Can I sync the 650 to my PowerMac with iSync (would then be syncing with 3 computers) without causing any issues on the Macs, PC or 650? More important to me than the contacts on .mac is keeping the syncing of favorites (Safari) between the two macs. Can I simply use iSync then on the Powerbook to sync just to .mac?

Before I had the 650, I would just sync my 300 with the PC and PowerMac (via iSync), and then use iSync on the Powerbook to sync up to .mac. I didn't sync the 300 at all to the PowerBook, nor sync to Entourage.

Kind of confusing, I hope I clearly described what I'm trying to do.

Thanks!
    Just turn on syncing within .Mac, then open the iSync application and click the .Mac icon and set the options there. You're all set. Now whenever you hit the "Sync Now" button in iSync, your addresses, favorites and whatever else will be synced independently of Entourage.

The great thing about Missing Sync is that even if conduits conflict or pose problems when working in the same session, you can just set up a profile or even manually choose what you want to sync each time. The only thing you have to do in going out of your way is to sync a second time with a different profile (ie: push the button a second time).

If you have questions or problems, post back here.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Missing Sync won't allow me to set up one profile using iSync and one profile using Entourage. Once I added the Entourage conduit, it made me choose between iSync and Entourage. It won't allow me to bring up the saved profile which I had set up to only sync with iSync conduit.

Do I now need to remove the Entourage conduit and go back to Plan A (syncing one Mac to iCal, etc and one Mac to Entourage, then using .mac sync to sync favorites, calendar)?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by F1Turbo
    Can I simply use iSync then on the Powerbook to sync just to .mac?
    For this you don't even need the extra overhead of Missing Sync. Just open iSync, press the .Mac icon (left side), then hit the "Sync Now" button (right side).
    Quote Originally Posted by F1Turbo
    Missing Sync won't allow me to set up one profile using iSync and one profile using Entourage. Once I added the Entourage conduit, it made me choose between iSync and Entourage. It won't allow me to bring up the saved profile which I had set up to only sync with iSync conduit.
    Ohhh, you must have one of the earlier 4.0.X versions (or maybe I do) of The Missing Sync. Somehow you can trick it into actually keeping both conduits accessible, but what it is doing is protecting your data. If you were to sync using different conduits at the same time that access some of the same data (contact, appoitments, to do list, etc.), it could get really messy if not synced in the right order.