1.    #1  
    My old Motorola phone had a "vibrate then ring feature," where the phone would vibrate twice without ringing, and then start to ring. This allowed me to mute the phone during the vibrate phase if I didn't want it to ring.

Is there a ringtone manager with this feature? I keep finding ones that vibrate WHILE ringing, but I'd like one that vibrates BEFORE ringing.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by qweewq11
    My old Motorola phone had a "vibrate then ring feature," where the phone would vibrate twice without ringing, and then start to ring. This allowed me to mute the phone during the vibrate phase if I didn't want it to ring.

Is there a ringtone manager with this feature? I keep finding ones that vibrate WHILE ringing, but I'd like one that vibrates BEFORE ringing.

Thanks!
    I created the attached midi ringtones that have different delay's of vibrate only then ring. Unzip them and load them to your phone by launching as email attachments or through loading them and launching them from your memory. See other "load midi file" threads on how to do that. (i.e. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...load+midi+file )

You need to set your preferences\sound\phone\volume vibrate settings to on and phone\tones to the attached files. The file v4tRH.mid file means Vibrate 4 seconds Then Ring High, etc.

Also, you could try phone technician or treoguard which have varying levels of silent, then ring louder.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    using verichat, my phone always vibrates before it rings
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the responses thus far. But no one knows of a custom ringtone manager that can vibrate before it rings? I'm currently using TreoGuard (which can start the volume at zero and ramp it up slowly, which works ok), but it doesn't do custom ring tones.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    hmm read what I wrote
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    What about a ringtone that is quiet for the first ten seconds or so? Wouldn't that be feasible?

Regards, R.
    Quote Originally Posted by rengelman
    I created the attached midi ringtones that have different delay's of vibrate only then ring.

Rengelman - how did you create the midi with the vibrate? I've been searching for the 'vibrate' combination for a while...

I use Noteworthy Composer to create music, then can store it as midi and import it to my Treo 600. But I just can get it to 'vibrate'.

Thanks
    What about using an editor to edit your midi's to have a couple seconds of silence before the tone starts? That may have been what rengelman did.

That way, your phone will vibrate, and the ringtone will start, but since you've got silence in the first few seconds, you won't hear anything.
    --> Me fail english? That's unpossible!! <--
    I did notice 4 bars of silence...
    That's a good work around.

But my question is still open - is there a midi 'tone' that produces a vibrate?
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spence
    But my question is still open - is there a midi 'tone' that produces a vibrate?
    Wouldn't all midi tunes produce vibration if vibrate mode in "sounds and alarms" is proper set?

All midi's downloads from midiDB vibrates - at least on my Treo650 GSM...
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Sorry - I was looking for a tone to use to vibrate on my own 'beat', not just a straight vibration.

Thanks!
    TretTEchnician from Hobbyist software will accomplish this.

Thanks!
    Lightwav 5.4 has just been released and it supports this feature. you can set it to delay from 1 to 8 seconds before the ringtone starts.

click here www.toysoft.ca
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca