1.    #1  
    HELP!!!

I was able to hotsync my 650 just fine via cable and bluetooth until about 2 days ago. Now when I try, using both methods, the device just shows "Connecting with the desktop using...(cable or bluetooth)" and gets stuck there without syncing for about a minute, then says that the connection failed. What's happened?

Appreciate any advice,

James
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Did you install anything "about 2 days ago"?

I had the same problem. I installed DateBk5 around the time my sync'ing broke. To fix it, I did a hard reset and restored from BackupMan, but it cost me my calendar database & MIDI ringtones

ERic
  3.    #3  
    no, i didn't install anything at all. looks like a lot of people are having a lot of trouble with the sync not working properly. now i did a hard reset and lost everything, and it is still not syncing with the cradle...

james
    Theres lots of threads on this most people including myself fixed the sync problem by deleting butler.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I don't now, nor have I ever had Butler installed on my Treo. So that's not the fix for me
    just got 650 today..renamed backup folder..cannot do a 1st hotsynch...tried everything w/goldie from sprint...drivers installed..but 650 can't connect! I have removed/installed desktop 10 times, changed HS name etc...nothing works!
    HELP Please...i have virgin 650 & can't synch
    never had synch issue w/600.

HELP!!!!!
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Just a shot in the dark here, but have you run the HotSyncCheck utility on the install CD? (D:\English\PostInstall\HotSyncCheck.exe)
    eric...
    just did... no errors found....
    I'm at a loss!!!
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Do you have Bluetooth on your PC that you could try sync'ing wirelessly?

This guy had a bad USB cable. Unlikely, but it could be that.

Have you tried Hard Reseting the Treo, leave the phone off, and then sync?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I had sync issues after installing DateBk5, up 'till yesterday. I finally bit the bullet and did a Hard Reset and BackupMan restored everything but my MIDI ringtones and calendar database (that sucked). If you look through my recents posts (today & yesterday) I've posted in most of the "can't sync" threads that don't seem to be related to Butler.

Best I can tell there are two types of 650 sync issues: (1) soft resets during or immediately after sync; these seem to be related to the 3rd party app TreoButler... and (2) users can't sync at all. This second type seems to have varied potential solutions. My sync problem was fixed with a hard reset, others have had bad cables, and others had corrupt database files.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnski1969
    had b*tch getting 1st hot synch...4 hours later w/no help from sprint or P1,got it all setup.
    What ended up being the problem?
    wish I knew what prob was... played w/it.. used repair install on disc many times w/many restarts & resets.. finally synchnd then had to go back & complete installing rest of palm software then put in my pim's etc. havnt had prob synch since.
    WHEW!!!!!!
    I have a 650 and my wife has a 600. Luckily, most problems I read on this site I have been able to avoid, but this time I had a problem syncing my 650 and came across this thread. I then tried to sync her 600 and had the same problem. A simple reboot of my computer fixed the problems and I synched both fine.....