Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ...get the "incompatible application for the 600" error message, several resets, then get busted. You surely won't get a third 600 from Sprint. Just go and buy a 650 and have at it.
    Last edited by oneklassy1; 01/01/2005 at 09:22 PM.
    Ibrahim B.

Kyo PDQ - Kyo 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo -650 (2) & now the Palm Pre. Will keep my BB World Phone Sprint
    You are wrong about the warranty. A replacement phone's warranty is only good for 90 days or the expiration of the original phone's warranty, whichever is greater.
    This has got to be one of the dumbest ideas I've heard in a long time....

It will not work. And that's the *best* scenario.
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pelican
    You are wrong about the warranty. A replacement phone's warranty is only good for 90 days or the expiration of the original phone's warranty, whichever is greater.
    not exactly true. Warrenty replacements are like you said, but if you have lockline insurance, the replacement phone has a full 12 month warrenty.
    Um, last I checked (A few months ago) Sprint's referb replacements came with a 1 year warranty just like a new phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by fl00d_pr0z
    Um, last I checked (A few months ago) Sprint's referb replacements came with a 1 year warranty just like a new phone.
    Refurbs come with a 90 days warranty only. If your original warranty still has more than 90 days left, then it will continue until the end of the original 12 month warranty.

Trust me, I have used this with my 600 ... It's the way it works.

Lockline is a different issue altogether ... you get a replacement (or 2) every 12 months and pay the deductible. Lockline covers loss or theft, the Sprint warranty does not.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Okay dude, you think that... I have a recept from a replaced Treo 600 that shows it has a 12 month warranty from the date they exchanged it.
    Regardless of how long the warranty is, if they can figure out what you did, they'll deny it. I'm not saying they would be able to tell what you did, but if they can, I can pretty much promise you they won't replace it.
    Especially when Nubian says he's going into a Sprint store and beam the apps he wants from a "tied" 650 to his 600. I really doubt he would be successful in any event.
    Ibrahim B.

Kyo PDQ - Kyo 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo -650 (2) & now the Palm Pre. Will keep my BB World Phone Sprint
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12