1.    #1  
    I am a former 600 user who now has the PPC-6600. I just bought the Thinkoutside BT Keyboard and BT travel mouse....both are VERY nice. The Mouse is cool to use when using the Keyboard so you are not always stoping to find the stylus when needed....or when it is in it's cradle so you can just use the mouse to point and click.

I think, but am not sure if they have Palm drivers for them....but if they do, it would be well worth looking into both of these.
    I don't think these will work on the 650 with its lack of the HID (Human Interface Device) profile.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Nope. They will not work.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTampa
    Nope. They will not work.
    Is this a hardware or software issue? Could PalmOne update this? Seems like it would be a useful thing to have.
    "Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere... Write that down."
    -Van Wilder
    Lets let them fix the things that are broken before asking for more features. Its like waving shiny objects at them.
    Palmone Marketing: Oooohhh. Look. We could add HID and sell palm one mice and keyboard.

Treo Owners: NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..........
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    ThinkOutside claims that the Stowaway BT keyboard will now work with Treo 650 and has new Palm drivers on website. (http://www.thinkoutside.com/stowawaybt_product.html)
    Before I shell out $100+, anybody have reason to believe this is incorrect?
    thanks
    The driver, according to the filename, is a Beta. This both lends credibility to the compatability and urges some restraint.

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    I'm also compelled to wonder if they are using it via the Bluetooth Serial Port, given the following from PalmOne:

The Treo 650 smartphone's Bluetooth 1.1 implementation supports these Bluetooth profiles:

GAP (Generic Access Profile: core Bluetooth support)
    HSP (Headset Profile: answer/end calls, make outgoing calls, adjust volume)
    HFP (Hands-Free Profile: reject call, mute, auto-answer, voice tags, last number redial)
    SPP (Serial Port Profile: Bluetooth support for serial data connections, treating Bluetooth links as virtual COM ports)
    GOEP (Generic Object Exchange Protocol: vCal, vCard and other files exchanged with Bluetooth devices)

Treo 650's Bluetooth implementation does not support these Bluetooth profiles:

HID (Human Interface Device: connect to Bluetooth keyboard and other input devices)
    FTP (File Transfer Profile: appears as external hard drive on a Windows or Mac computer)
    A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution: playing music wirelessly. This is Bluetooth 1.2, and the Treo 650 smartphone is Bluetooth 1.1)
    All other Bluetooth profiles not specifically listed above

Curiosity getting the better of me, I emailed Think Outside and will report back any reply.

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I obtained the keyboard and loaded the Beta driver. Made a connection and was able to type. Worked fine for about 30 seconds and then started missing keystrokes like crazy. Maintained a connection but skipped a bunch of letters. Even at not fast typing speed, when typing the alphabet, it skipped n-u. Essentially unusable. I will replace the batteries that came with it in the hopes that it is a battery power issue but I'm not optimistic. Too bad, because it is an awesome idea if it could be made to work.
    I asked Think Outside how they addressed the lack of the HID Bluetooth profile on the 650. They could not come up with an answer for me in almost 2 weeks.

12.    #12  
    Has anyone tried the Travel Mouse on the 650?.....I hope they get them both to work because they both really are nice to work with if you do a lot of typing on your handheld.
    yo Daf - any other impressions of the keyboard? recommended purchase, or no? THANKS
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    Just received my ThinkOutside Stowaway Bluetooth keyboard. $86.44 from Amazon.com. Ripped open the plastic package, figured out how to unfold the thing, put in the batteries, downloaded the driver, and installed the driver to my Treo 650. IT seems to work pretty good. The shift seems to leave a few floating CAps, but that may be due to my typing style. TOok about 10 minutes to set up. Currently running in encrypted mode.

I was a little concerned, since there are a few people who have had problems with this new beta version of the driver. I really haven't experienced any major problems so far.

And this message was sent from my Treo, using the Thinkoutside keyboard! So far, I'm thinking this thing is DA BOMB!
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I don't recommend the keyboard. I couldnt get it to work. Thinkoutside support told me the beta was buggy and they recommended that I return the keyboard until they finalize the drivers. Obviously YMMV. Its an awesome idea if it works