Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Agendus? Has no MAC version. I have been using the Palm software and it seems pretty good.

Act? Dtbk5? Which ones are out there?

Is the software included with the 650 for MAC all one needs?
    I use: iCal and AdressBook with iSync and Missing Sync.
    They work great.
    Alvaro
    Merry Christmas
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MacTreoAlbb
    I use: iCal and AdressBook with iSync and Missing Sync.
    They work great.
    Alvaro
    Merry Christmas
    What are the advantages over the Palm Desktop? In my case, I do not use AddressBook or iCal. On the Palm side I have 3000 contacts.

I guess now I'm ready to start using a calendar to follow up with things, so the question is shoudl I use iCal or the Palm one. Any thoughts? Ideas? Opinions? Future upgrade potentials?
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    What about Act! Agendus etc?
    I really like Datebk5. I have not tried any of the others except for the native Calendar app that came with the Treo, and I HATE it. Having to go to 3 different apps to look at calendar events, to-dos, and memos (and being unable to link them in any meaningful way) is ridiculous.

I synchronize with iCal using Missing Sync and iSync.

Reasons I prefer Missing Sync over the Palm Hotsync software:
    - faster syncs
    - more intuitive user interface
    - syncs memos (Palm Desktop+iSync DOES NOT sync memos)
    - ability to mount the SD card on the desktop like any other removable drive
    - integration with iTunes and iPhoto for transferring music and photos
    - integrated internet connection sharing
    Last edited by MacJunkie; 12/28/2004 at 07:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mgauss
    Agendus? Has no MAC version. I have been using the Palm software and it seems pretty good.

Act? Dtbk5? Which ones are out there?

Is the software included with the 650 for MAC all one needs?
    well, that's a great question. first of all, the palm software SUCKS. i'm sure anyone who actually uses their treo (as opposed to having to have the latest greatest for the heck of it) will quickly find out that the included software is crap.

secondly, Agendus (free trial) has no mac version bc it needs no mac version. the agendus palm app syncs perfectly with ical, datebook (including todos and notes), and the professional version handles mail quite nicely. add missing sync for cleaner faster synchronization than hot sync, and you'll never have to look at palm destktop again.

Agendus is wonderful, fully functional (dialing, etc) with a few shortcut adjustments in the treo, and it will let you access everything from within one application. It's the way the palm os would operate if they really cared about giviing you functionality for $600.

so go ahead, for another sixty bucks you can actually use your treo instictively instead of fumbling around.
    Last edited by robogobo; 01/17/2005 at 08:59 PM.