Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1. evperry's Avatar
    Posts
    227 Posts
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
       #1  
    On my HBH 660 I liked the fact that I did not have turn the headset on when teh phone rang, I just hit the button and it picked up. Of course I lost the thign that goes around the ear (it fell off).

    Which headpieces wrok in a similar fashion? When the phone rings, I wanna hit one button once or click the answer on the phone, thats it.

    thanks.
  2. N7AS's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #2  
    The BT 250 I got free from P1 with the Treo 650 works like that. When the phone rings, I just hit the button to answer and again to hang-up.
  3. wahili's Avatar
    Posts
    622 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #3  
    wtf. my button never works for answering or hanging up
  4. utey's Avatar
    Posts
    207 Posts
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    #4  
    logitechs freedom does that.
    Grace & Peace,

    utey
  5. #5  
    Maybe it has something to do with the Handsfree/Headset setup. Maybe that feature is only available when it is setup as Handsfree?
  6. sjjones's Avatar
    Posts
    757 Posts
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    #6  
    I have the cardo scala it picks up.

    Pretty sure 2 settings have to be enabled:

    On the bluetooth setup page hit Menu >enable auto wakeup.

    In prefs . handsfree.> either, answer imm . or 2 rings or 4 rings

    Hope this works
  7. #7  
    Cardo Scala and Logitech Freedom both work fine this way. No need to change any of the settings that sjjones has, though.
  8. sjjones's Avatar
    Posts
    757 Posts
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman
    Cardo Scala and Logitech Freedom both work fine this way. No need to change any of the settings that sjjones has, though.
    Cardo was picking up too quickly, so I changed the handsfree setting to 1 ring and now i get music and time either ignore or answer, So I maybe it does work??

    And on the the HBH 35 ,I had for a short time, I had to enable auto wakeup for it to answer ?

    If the handsfree setting is disabled it might not pick up? Never owned a HBH 660 but its worth a Try .
    Last edited by sjjones; 12/24/2004 at 12:43 PM.
  9. #9  
    I now have a spare earpiece for the HBH660 if you really want it. I found a better solution for wearing it. I am using an eargel from my old Jabra wind-up wired headset. It's a tight fit, but i managed to get it to slide over the extension on the 660. Now, not only does it stay in my ear without the earpiece hanger, but the volume is 100X's better because it directs the sound into my ear canal. I highly recommend you pic up an order of ear gels, they're only like $10, and you'll never want that ear hanger again.
  10. utey's Avatar
    Posts
    207 Posts
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones
    Cardo was picking up too quickly, so I changed the handsfree setting to 1 ring and now i get music and time either ignore or answer, So I maybe it does work??

    And on the the HBH 35 ,I had for a short time, I had to enable auto wakeup for it to answer ?

    If the handsfree setting is disabled it might not pick up? Never owned a HBH 660 but its worth a Try .
    You don't have to have auto answer on at all for the Logitech to work. It might take a couple of seconds for the headset to start ringing but when it does you hit the button and you are connected. To hange up hit the button again.
    Grace & Peace,

    utey
  11. #11  
    Do yourself a favor...get a Sony 660 and don't mess with anything else...save yourself a lot of time and hassle.
  12. #12  
    The cardo and the Logitech don't need Wakeup or autoanswer set up. Just press the button on the headset.
  13. evperry's Avatar
    Posts
    227 Posts
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
       #13  
    Im am goign to try this rigth now. I really like the 660 and the fact that I lost the thign to hold around teh ear is driiving me nuts (they dont have any at sony erricson). Mind you, the fact that this peice could even come off is poor design in their part.

    So do I need to get that specific gel or can I get any gel for the jabra line?

    Quote Originally Posted by SailRace
    I now have a spare earpiece for the HBH660 if you really want it. I found a better solution for wearing it. I am using an eargel from my old Jabra wind-up wired headset. It's a tight fit, but i managed to get it to slide over the extension on the 660. Now, not only does it stay in my ear without the earpiece hanger, but the volume is 100X's better because it directs the sound into my ear canal. I highly recommend you pic up an order of ear gels, they're only like $10, and you'll never want that ear hanger again.
  14. sjjones's Avatar
    Posts
    757 Posts
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by evperry
    Im am goign to try this rigth now. I really like the 660 and the fact that I lost the thign to hold around teh ear is driiving me nuts (they dont have any at sony erricson). Mind you, the fact that this peice could even come off is poor design in their part.

    So do I need to get that specific gel or can I get any gel for the jabra line?
    Best buy sells them (jabra type) and I think radio shack
  15. evperry's Avatar
    Posts
    227 Posts
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
       #15  
    this is hands down the BEST solution for a headset. Its actually TOO damn loud, I gotta turn down the volume on the 660 and the treo!!!!

    Excellent modification on this. You should start a thread on this and spread the word because so many people are having volume issues. I cant ebelive thghere is a better solution to the problem.

    GREAT work dood.

    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones
    Best buy sells them (jabra type) and I think radio shack
  16. #16  
    How secure does the earpiece feel after this mod? Any concern about it falling out?

    I *still* need to find a way to carry the 660 besides the neck strap.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

    Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
  17. #17  
    Just went to Radio Shack and picked up a package of Jabra EarGels. 6 clear Eargels were in it - 4 sizes of right, and 2 for the left(?). They were not as hard to put on the headset as I though, infact, I did it sitting in the parking lot outside the store in about 1 minute. Ultimately I had to try three sizes to get the right one for my ear (never used a Jabra wired headset before and they were a little strange to me). I tried and tried, but could not find a way to use both the EarGel and the ear hook on the headset at the same time. I ended up just taking the hook off. Then the headset with the EarGel was comfortable. I did (may still do a little) worry about it falling out, but it actually fits quite snuggly without going deep into my ear canal like other headsets. I've shaken my head, walked, talked and never once even felt the need to reach up and re-seat it. I looked in the mirror and is looks a little StarTrek-ish (goofy) to me, but wow, I no longer have even the slightest volume problem. I am using BTmute 1.3 though. I've made a half dozen calls, including to my VM system that required several keypresses after the call connected, and the volume was great!!!! As others have said, I even had to turn the volume down some on both the headset and the phone. Between the functionality of the HBH-660 and the Jabra EarGel, I'm about where I hoped to be all along with a bt headset.

    Sorry for the length of this post.
  18. evperry's Avatar
    Posts
    227 Posts
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
       #18  
    excellent!!!! they have small med and large gels, for left and rigth ear, choose your poison. in any event it WONT fall out and its VERY VERY loud and clear. throw out all the other headpieces.

    in terms of the neck strap, what better way to carry it? you wont drop it or lose it and its readily accessible.

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTampa
    How secure does the earpiece feel after this mod? Any concern about it falling out?

    I *still* need to find a way to carry the 660 besides the neck strap.
  19. evperry's Avatar
    Posts
    227 Posts
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
       #19  
    Sailrace needs an award for this find.
  20. #20  
    I dunno... Just seems to be over-the-top geek to me. I love(d) the Motorola HS-8xx's little belt pouch. Can't find anything remotely suitable for the 660 though.

    If the HS-850 worked as well with BT as the 660 does, the 660 would be going back.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

    Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions