12 30.77%
  • wait for palm to come out with patch

23 58.97%
  • exchange at sprint store for another phone

0 0%
  • I don't have the problem

4 10.26%
  1.    #1  
    I've been using a headset pretty much 90% of the time I'm on the phone. Today after a week of having the phone I used it without a headset and asked how the sound quality was. Crap. breaking up etc..

So question. Should I do the patch from shadowmite?, exchange it at the sprint store for a new one, or wait till palm provides a patch?
    Just use the patch. If you decide to wait, it may be a looong time. That's a risk I'm not willing to take. The patch works GREAT, and I don't see a reason not to use it. The risk of damage is low if you follow the instructions.
    As one who is on her third phone, exchanging the phone doens't fix anything.
    You can take a try at using one of the prepared patches out there now, which include not only the sound patch, but also puts some common programs into ROM, freeing up memory.
    I plan to patch mine as soon as I get it. Almost everyone who's done it said it's an improvement, and the rest said it's the same. The only problems I've seen are the occasional reset loop where you have to install your apps one by one, but that's something you should do when you move to the 650 anyway, and I don't believe it's a common issue.

If you don't mind always using the headset, I would say wait for Palm. But if you want to use it without it at all, go with the patch. You can even get the original PalmOne version if you want to be careful about it.
  6.    #6  
    I tried shadowmites patch. Called my friend who last week said it sounded like crap. He said it's better, but still not great. He said it breaks up after a long continuation of conversation.

I counted "1" then together "1,2", then togehter "1,2,3", then together "1,2,3,4". He said after 1,2,3 is when the quality degrades.