1.    #1  
    I have the new Nutshell belt clip puch style case for my Treo650. The phone will not ring when it is fully secured in the case. When I take it out of the case it works fine. I presumed the case, being new, it was a little snug side so I had stretched the leather enough that it slides in and out almost without touching. It appears that one or more of the bottom row keys possibly were being slightly depressed while an incoming call would come in. So I loaded the new "Treoguard" that is compatible for the Treo650 and have set it up correctly locking out everything except the phone on an incoming call. STILL have the same PROBLEM...!!! I have been incontact with Nutshell and am awaiting a reply from them to see if anyone else has experienced this Problem with the Treo650. They recommended the Treoguard as well. I have yet to find anything here in on Treocentral that addresses this exact problem, many that are similar, but I take it that Treoguard has remedied their their problems, but not mine... When I hold a few keys very slightly on the bottom row or anywhere for that matter while an incoming call comes in the problem occurs again, so it appears that it may be the keys on the keyboard. I have looked for any stuck keys and there none stuck down. The phone rings and functions perfectly as long as it is not in the case. Has anyone else had this problem or heard of this exact problem??
    NOW WHAT DO I DO...???
  2.    #2  
    ttt
    Quote Originally Posted by JetJockeyJ
    I have the new Nutshell belt clip puch style case for my Treo650. The phone will not ring when it is fully secured in the case. When I take it out of the case it works fine. I presumed the case, being new, it was a little snug side so I had stretched the leather enough that it slides in and out almost without touching. It appears that one or more of the bottom row keys possibly were being slightly depressed while an incoming call would come in. So I loaded the new "Treoguard" that is compatible for the Treo650 and have set it up correctly locking out everything except the phone on an incoming call. STILL have the same PROBLEM...!!! I have been incontact with Nutshell and am awaiting a reply from them to see if anyone else has experienced this Problem with the Treo650. They recommended the Treoguard as well. I have yet to find anything here in on Treocentral that addresses this exact problem, many that are similar, but I take it that Treoguard has remedied their their problems, but not mine... When I hold a few keys very slightly on the bottom row or anywhere for that matter while an incoming call comes in the problem occurs again, so it appears that it may be the keys on the keyboard. I have looked for any stuck keys and there none stuck down. The phone rings and functions perfectly as long as it is not in the case. Has anyone else had this problem or heard of this exact problem??
    NOW WHAT DO I DO...???
    Being a treo 600 (GSM version) user from day one, I'm simply astonished as to how a co. such as P1 could hv overlooked this issue when they produced the 650!! The 600 had the SAME problem of not being able to answer incoming calls if the keyboard was pressed against by any tight fitting case (including the treo offered horizontal case). Overlooking such a bad fault on the first model might be excusable, but now with the 2nd generation carrying the same problem is really NO EXCUSE! With P1 so slow in getting out this product (when most other top smartphone brands are pushing out aggressively new models in the market), it's doubtful if P1 will survive. They might even be phased out of the market by PPC!! As a longtime user of the palm os, it's unfortunate but it seems to a lot of people that P1 mgmt. is either blind or too pre-occupied to GET THEIR ACTS TOGETHER OR RISK BEING OBLITERATED ALL TOGHETHER BY COMPETITION EVENTUALLY.

Now, as a solution to this bad fault, I've been using a program called "keepoff" on the 600 and it works fine in solving this bad problem. It's produced by a volunteer programmer and available free of charge. If you give me yr email then I'll send the prc. file as I still hv it saved.

Now, if only palm mgmt. wd begin to skim thru. these files now and then. Reading so many palm users with so many complaints or gripes should wake them up a bit??

PS: I've been waiting for the t650 to come to Hong Kong, but now having 2nd thoughts...... might see me change to PPC soon!!
    Last edited by bhleong; 12/24/2004 at 04:10 AM.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for letting me know about the "keepoff" application. Obviously Treoguard won't work, at least for me. Send me the info/link on the "keepoff". Are we the only 2 people in the Treo world who have experienced this? Is everyone else using a Vaja case? I thought I would get a ton of responses by now. Is this just mine and yours that do this? If I am the only one then it must be an isolated case and I need to get a replacement...
    Quote Originally Posted by JetJockeyJ
    Thanks for letting me know about the "keepoff" application. Obviously Treoguard won't work, at least for me. Send me the info/link on the "keepoff". Are we the only 2 people in the Treo world who have experienced this? Is everyone else using a Vaja case? I thought I would get a ton of responses by now. Is this just mine and yours that do this? If I am the only one then it must be an isolated case and I need to get a replacement...
    I don't think there's a whole lot of treo users out there who use these tight fitting cases, but like you and I who do use it, the fault is a big pain in the ****!

I don't hv the link to keepoff, but do a seach of this forum and you should be able to find the threads from this year. There were quite a few discussions on it.
    I just ran across this thread... hadn't found it previously. Check out my (nearly identical) thread re: problems with my Treo 650 in a Nutshell case:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=67330

Problem is, running "TreoGuard" on my T650 (even the current Beta release) causes it to reset while Hotsync'ing. Do you know if the "keepoff" program you mentioned works on a T650? Can you send me the file or a hotlink?

Much appreciated, I need a "software" solution so I can keep the Nutshell!

thanks
    steve bell

Sharp Zaurus>HP200LX>Cassiopeia E-10>Palm Pilot 1000/5000>iPaq 3600>HP 360/620LX>Palm III, IIIx>Diamond Mako>Palm V>Palm Vx>Psion 5Mx>iPaq 3630,3670>Samsung i300>Sony Clie NX70>Kyocera 7135>Sony PEG T50>Samsung i330>Treo300>Samsung i500>Sony NZ90>Sony SJ33>Rim 7230>Sprint Treo 600>Treo 600>iPaq H4355 PPC>iPod + Sprint Treo 600>Sony Clie NX-73, Th55>Sanyo 8200>Treo 650>Tungsten T5+BB 7290>iPhone 2G>iPhone 3G>AT&T BB Curve>AT&T BB Storm>BB Bold>Sprint Curve>Sprint/Palm Pre (6/6/09)
    FYI, here is a link for the keepoff app. http://www.vtable.com/keepoff.prc
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottydon't
    FYI, here is a link for the keepoff app. http://www.vtable.com/keepoff.prc
    The problem with using keepoff is that you will not be able to turn the unit on if you want to use any function other than the phone (as far as I could discover, anyway). I had to call my number from another phone so that I could get back into keepoff to disable it.
    Quote Originally Posted by technoaddict
    The problem with using keepoff is that you will not be able to turn the unit on if you want to use any function other than the phone (as far as I could discover, anyway). I had to call my number from another phone so that I could get back into keepoff to disable it.
    Don't understand what you mean here. You can use the phone or pda functions with keepoff activated and wireless mode turned on or off. It hasn't been a problem for me with the treo 600 so far. The only inconvenience is you can only turn on the screen to use the phone or pda (or answer incoming calls) via the top on/off button, and not via the C pad or the right button or any other buttons. The beauty about keepoff is that ALL buttons on the keyboard are deactivated even if they are pressed on (when kept in tight cases). IMO, this feature should be built-in with any phone as not everyone carries the phone in the pocket without any case. DUMB PRODUCT ENGINEERING ON P1's part.
    Doesn't work with the Treo650
    ...it works fine on my 650. Just don't check the "apps lock" or you will not be able to turn your phone on unless you call it. Otherwise, it solves the problem with the keyboard keys being pressed on an incoming call.
    We're both right. The 1.0 version (link above) does not work with the 650. However, the 1.4 version (found at Palmgear.com as a free utility) does.
    FYI, on the fourth install of TreoGuard on my T650, I got it to work without encurring a reset every time I try to Hotsync.

I had noticed on one of the threads, the suggestion that I should right-click on the Hotsync icon, goto "Setup", "Network", and then make sure the box by my Hotsync ID was checked (turns out, if that's not checked it can result in resets during Hotsync). For some reason, I didn't encounter a problem this until I added TreoGuard (I had installed several other add-on apps previously, without a problem).

Anyway, fyi... TreoGuard has fixed this problem for me... so now, I can use the Nutshell case without the auto-answer problem. I'll keep my fingers crossed as I install more add-ons. Right now, I'm running KeySuite, SplashShopper, Chatter, Comet, 9.95 clock, PocketTunes, ZLauncher, TreoGuard and a 512SD with no stability or syncing problems. Happy camper! knock-knock.
    Last edited by sbell22; 12/26/2004 at 12:45 PM.
    steve bell

Sharp Zaurus>HP200LX>Cassiopeia E-10>Palm Pilot 1000/5000>iPaq 3600>HP 360/620LX>Palm III, IIIx>Diamond Mako>Palm V>Palm Vx>Psion 5Mx>iPaq 3630,3670>Samsung i300>Sony Clie NX70>Kyocera 7135>Sony PEG T50>Samsung i330>Treo300>Samsung i500>Sony NZ90>Sony SJ33>Rim 7230>Sprint Treo 600>Treo 600>iPaq H4355 PPC>iPod + Sprint Treo 600>Sony Clie NX-73, Th55>Sanyo 8200>Treo 650>Tungsten T5+BB 7290>iPhone 2G>iPhone 3G>AT&T BB Curve>AT&T BB Storm>BB Bold>Sprint Curve>Sprint/Palm Pre (6/6/09)
  14.    #14  
    ttt
  15.    #15  
    KEEPOFF v1.4 IS THE CURE....

Here is the link for PalmGear's "Keepoff 1.4." (I used the .prc file in the .zip folder)

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...=&prodid=53607

This was the ONLY fix for my "case" PROBLEM. TREOGUARD does NOT work for this problem, I've tried it and simply doesn't work for this kind of problem... If TREOGUARD doesn't work as it says it does, which IMO, would include this kind of "Case" problem then I don't know why it is used...

I clicked the "enable" box ONLY. When any of the other 2 applications are checked along with "Enable" the same problem occurs, which when in the case it autoanswers not allowing the phone to ring at all again...
    I'm happy to help if you're having problems getting TreoGuard to work properly. If you let me know what your TreoGuard settings are, I'll take a look to see if I can reproduce and fix the problem.

Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.