1.    #1  
    TreoCentral posted a review of the 650 by James Hromadka over 24 hours ago--I'm surprised not to see any discussion of it in this forum. The review starts at http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/504-1.htm .

It seems well-balanced to me, covering both the positive and negative. The NVFS memory issue is perhaps downplayed a bit--the reviewer does not take palmOne to task for failing to include more memory given the 512byte sector size.

The review is written mostly as a comparison with the 600, which is only partially useful for someone who does not already have a 600 (like me), but it further confirms my desire to get a 650 as soon as Cingular offers it.

I noticed one small error: in complaining about the 650's lack of a voice recorder, the review claims that the Tungsten T5 has one, whereas it does not (much to the chagrin of T3 users contemplating an upgrade to T5).
    It's only the umpteenth review of the 650 in the past 2 months. Most who've decided to buy the 650 have done so already and have no use for this article.
    Quote Originally Posted by demoflauchy
    It's only the umpteenth review of the 650 in the past 2 months. Most who've decided to buy the 650 have done so already and have no use for this article.
    So palmOne will sell no more 650's?
    The voice memo is something I wish it had.

jimbo686
    Yep, that was it. Last one left the warehouse yesterday.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Wow. Not a single mention of the choppy voice audio. Interesting....
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    So palmOne will sell no more 650's?
    So I guess we should still be seeing new reviews of the Treo 600 too since Palm still wants to continue selling those...
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    Wow. Not a single mention of the choppy voice audio. Interesting....
    if he didnt encounter this problem, why should it be in his review?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    if he didnt encounter this problem, why should it be in his review?
    The bad thing is, it's not him that would encounter it, it's the people that he talks to, and they may not have told him.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    Felipe,
    Good point, however P1 released a ROM update that fixes this known issue. That update wasn't customized for those units that have bad audio. It was an update for all 650's. This makes me think ALL units have an issue since they are the same hardware running the same software.

For those that do not experience the choppy audio, I have to believe they either aren't sensitive to poor audio or they use their phone in mostly quiet settings. There just isn't an explanation otherwise, IMO.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    i thougth his review was a joke.. He never mentioned the poor microphone.

I am sure he knows about it. But doesnt have the balls to discuss it in his review..

He knows about it. especially after the patch was pulled from his website!!
    Quote Originally Posted by faisal

I am sure he knows about it. But doesnt have the balls to discuss it in his review..

It's like complaining about the result of a fixed game.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    a fair number of users have reported having zero problems with voice quality on their phones. your comments here seem to disregard this fact. jumping to a conclusion that the guy doesn't have the balls to discuss something seems a little ridiculous to me...

Quote Originally Posted by faisal

1st SFG (A)

if at first you don't succeed - RELOAD!