1.    #1  
    I was talking to a sprint rep about lockline. They told me they are using a new company so starting in jan. you will be able to take your phone to the store if they cant fix it you get a new phone on the spot. It will also cost $5 per month VS the $4 is it now. Plus the DED. will be $50.

I dont know its really worth it to me considering i never lost a phone. But if this phone will last a year. Thats $60 for insurance. And the ded is $50 i guess for $110 for a new phone (not refurb) might be worth it.
    That's not quite accurate. Yes, it's now $5 a month, divided as $3 for insurance and $2 for an extended warranty. If you lose or break your phone, the deductible is $50. If, however, it fails to work properly, the extended warranty will cover repair or replacement for only $10.

I suspect this is, at least in part, a reaction to all the attempts (many successful) at insurance fraud: people "losing" their phones to get replacments, breaking them on purpose (see all the microwaving threads at Sprintusers.com), etc.

I'm not sure if you can buy just the extended warranty for $2 per month without also getting the insurance. If so, that might be a good deal.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Yeah, probably the fix for all the fraud. People 'lose' their phone when they want a new one, get a replacement, eBay it, and BAM their new phone is financed by insurance fraud.
    As I understand it, you can buy either or both
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    As I understand it, you can buy either or both
    Not really, sprints view on this is. "what ever happens to the phone we cover it" even if its your fault. Just $5 a month. $10 deductible if its palms fault and $50 if its yours.
    From a CS standpoint, sounds like a good decision on Sprint's part. Kudo's to them!!!!!!
    The letter they sent me told me I could buy either one.
    I have the Warranty portion only. $2 a month- $10 ded. It will only cover warranty and NORMAL wear and tear.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Do I have to buy the extended warranty form the very begining? Or can I start it AFTER the original warranty expires?
    Doesn't the phone have a warranty for a year? Why buy an extended warranty until that time?
    Quote Originally Posted by mausalot
    Doesn't the phone have a warranty for a year? Why buy an extended warranty until that time?
    Thats a good point. I never knew there was a choice. Sprint covers their phones for a yr and if your annual warranty is ending and you get your phone replaced within the warranty period, they cover replacements for another 6 months. Every replacement you get is an additional 6 months warranty on it regarless if you original warranty has expired. Atleast that's what a rep told me. I only got lockline incase I break or lose my phone. I will definitely call Sprint today to change my lockline options. Thanks for the info.
    I got mine well after my factory warranty had expired. I got a replacement and the paperwork said it now has a 12 month warranty.

The reason I keep it is it's only $2 and it covers "wear and tear".
    I currently have a bright spot on my screen and think I may get upgraded to a 600. (I have a 300 now).
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Check out the exact Sprint policy @: http://www.sprintconf.com/business/p...eplacement.jsp

Read summary and links for fine print. Ex: Wait 21 days for policy to take effect on used equip.
    FastFrank