Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm using one of Shadowmite's customized ROMs (DUN plus voice memo & note pad, minus RP and SPCS extras) and tried to install this patch and I got a message that the patch was not compatible with my device. Any others with this experience? Does this mean perhaps that the ROM update originally from faisal did already include this or that it has changes that makes the update incompatible?
    Perhaps it is incompatible since some of the original ROM is missing. Just as an FYI I have a virgin ROM and the update worked fine for me.
    It would appear to be checking for it. The hard part is they encrypted the files this time. Anyone who wants the patch for now and is willing to go back to the original rom, should. The files are at my site.

I'll look into this, but I have to drive today.
    I am using the ROM that PalmOne sent to faisal for testing, and I am also getting that error message when I try to install the BT carkit update.
    Same error here - I have ROM update, same as acousticbiker.
    Same here.
    Hey Shadowmite --
    What would happen if I revert to the orignal Rom, then did the bluetooth upgrade, then reinstalled the sound patch? Would the BT upgrade still hold? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve L.
    Hey Shadowmite --
    What would happen if I revert to the orignal Rom, then did the bluetooth upgrade, then reinstalled the sound patch? Would the BT upgrade still hold? Thanks!
    Try it and see.
    I tried flashing back to the "original" ROM and the carkit still gave me the error about not wanting to run on this device.

Is there any easy way to tell if my "flashback" worked (it says it did!)?

-Scott
    Bad news! Hard reset, ran the original updater (I only had the rom with voice patch installed not the customized roms), hard reset, restored. Still get error about incompatible device. Deleted the BTmanager patched file from memory, reset, still get error message!

Not good!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Palmones way of saying haha suckers.
    This calls for... Shadowmite to the rescue!
    I get the same error. Device not compatible.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    I get the same error. Device not compatible.
    Yep, same here. I think I've tried every version of the ROM patch by now, and all return the same error message. For now, at least, Palm thinks it's a defective device. HOpefully, Shadowmite can bail us out on this one.
    Guys, finally got to where I was going... I'll try to work on this a bit. Before I left I did begin to dissect the checker program included with the update. I tried doing a temp patch but the result hangs the simulator. Haven't tried it on the real one because I have to figure out their encryption scheme to get it done.

This might take awhile.

Has anyone sucessfully flashed the original rom, then run the small rom flash prc file, and then tried this? Still nothing? Hmm... I just need to find out what it's checking for, once we can extract the files it should be a easy fix.

I just can't believe they'd make it not work on a flashed rom. That's like declaring war. They could have been civil about it. Then again, it's possible this is a un-forscene side-effect of that engineers patch that they did not anticipate...
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Thankfully I am still within the 14 day trial period of my phone. If this is the case, I am returning the 650 to Palmone altogether. I've put up with enough of their crap to last me for a lifetime.

I went through four Treo 600's, and their way of appeasing me was to offer me a $10 accessory.

I complained enough that I was finally told that I was going to be sent a new Treo 600. That was three weeks ago and I haven't seen sh!t yet.

Then I go through two Treo 650's, one with the keyboard issue, one with the voice issue. I try to get P1 to get me a replacement, but they claim that I will need to get a brand new phone as they only replace defectives once.

What more can they do to tell us that our money means nothing to them? They are definitely winning that war for loyalty...

Maybe I will try the Pocket PC phone that Sprint PCS has for a couple of weeks.
    I'm curious to find out if the carkit update includes the other updates found in the faisal ROM.
    Quote Originally Posted by noob
    I'm curious to find out if the carkit update includes the other updates found in the faisal ROM.
    No, it can't possibly since it does not flash the phone firmware... It's just bluetooth files...
    Shadowmite,

The "Original 650 firmware" file that you have on your site is interesting (for one, it seems to contain the entire Qualcomm CDMA firmware and includes a lot of references to GPS ), but it's *way* too small to actually contain the original 650 FLASH ROM image, and there are too many readable strings in it for it to be compressed (and even ZIP compressed, the faisal rom was close to 8 megabytes).

I'd like to find a way to get back to the original 650 ROM. Do you know the location of the ROM in the 650 address space? Maybe we can write a little utility to dump the entire ROM from a virgin 650 to a file on an SD card? Obviously, it's a little bit trickier to get it written back to the device, but the first step seems to be to get a good dump of a virgin ROM...
    I hard reset, installed the original ROM file (it seemed to go fine), hard reset, restored my data, ran the updater and still got the device incompatible message. I had only installed the original ROM update, not any of the custom ROMs.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Guys, finally got to where I was going... I'll try to work on this a bit. Before I left I did begin to dissect the checker program included with the update. I tried doing a temp patch but the result hangs the simulator. Haven't tried it on the real one because I have to figure out their encryption scheme to get it done.

This might take awhile.

Has anyone sucessfully flashed the original rom, then run the small rom flash prc file, and then tried this? Still nothing? Hmm... I just need to find out what it's checking for, once we can extract the files it should be a easy fix.

I just can't believe they'd make it not work on a flashed rom. That's like declaring war. They could have been civil about it. Then again, it's possible this is a un-forscene side-effect of that engineers patch that they did not anticipate...
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast