1.    #1  
    I picked up a Jabra A210 & Motorola HS820 from Best Buy last night. I have to say I am impressed with the sound on the HS820. Very clear sound and good up to about 20 feet away from the phone. After 20 feet the connection starts to break up. This was done indoors and by line of sight. Pairing the two devices is a pain in the ****. Although once they are paired it's the best thing since sliced bread.

The A210 has three different pairing settings.

#1 is for Motorola phones
    #2 & #3 are for any other phones.

I tried the #3 setting and received a little bit of an echo effect. Then I switched over to #2 setting and the echo effect disappeared.

Best Buy - Irvine, CA
    Jabra A210 - $59.99 retail usd
    Motorola HS820 - $79.99 retail usd

Off Topic - I picked up an additional HS820 for my girlfriends Motorola V600. It's a breeze to pair the two devices. Good sound up to 20 feet away and by line of sight.
    Last edited by Christian Snow; 12/29/2004 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Best Buy is in Irvine not Lake Forest
    Thanks for the Jabra A210 and Moto headset review! Does the answer button on the Moto headset work to answer and end calls? I have been looking at this BT adapter, however, I was wondering about the answer/end function and how bulky the adapter was. The A210 looks like one of the smallest adapters on the market...how did you secure it to the 600? Thanks again for the heads up review!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by RavMan
    Thanks for the Jabra A210 and Moto headset review! Does the answer button on the Moto headset work to answer and end calls? I have been looking at this BT adapter, however, I was wondering about the answer/end function and how bulky the adapter was. The A210 looks like one of the smallest adapters on the market...how did you secure it to the 600? Thanks again for the heads up review!
    Yes the MFB (Multifunction Button) on the headset works to answer and end calls. However, you cannot use the MFB to initiate a call (specifically the last # you dialed in your phones memory - this function is available with the hard wired headset).

The adapter is not bulky at all. All things considered it's always going to be a pain in the **** to pair the devices and carry an adapter.

Bottomline,the A210 unit does what it is supposed to do but I think I'm going to end up returning the it and sell my Treo 600 when the GSM 650 model is available.
    Does the bluetooth unit with either headset pair with any aftermarket bluetooth speakerphone system, such as the Nokia or Parrot? Anyone have any firsthand experience with this?
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I have the A210 and the HS810, and everyone says that they can't hear me? Would this be cause I have the adaptor on setting 1?
    Setting # 2 is the best setting
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Yea, that seemed to be my problem the whole time I just never changed that setting, it wasn't the Treo at all or any headsets it was the setting on the BT adaptor, now it works perfectly
    Thanks
    I've got the A210 and the HS820, but because there's no "device discovery" feature that I can find, I can't get the headset working. Help....?

colorexpress
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    How do you get a Bluetooth to work with the 600 (sorry I am a newbie!)?
  10. seh
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwife
    How do you get a Bluetooth to work with the 600 (sorry I am a newbie!)?
    Since the T600 doesn't have it built in (like the 650 does), you need to purchase a bluetooth adapter, along with a bluetooth headset. That's the set-up they are talking about in this thread. IIRC, the adapter is like a dongle.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Thanks, SEH. I figured it out and am looking at the new Scala 500 adapter/headset combo.
    I have the A210 and use it with the Plantronics M2500. Works great. Tried Motorola HS810, no problem pairing, however the volume was waytoo low. Plantronics is heavy, but works well
    colorexpress: On the A210, put the switch to the number 1 position. Next, there is a small hole on the back on the 210. Use the 'stylus' that comes with it and insert and hold while also holding the power button until the LED goes to solid. Then release both. Next, hold the power button down on the 820 until it goes solid - usually takes about 8 seconds. They are now both in 'pairing' mode.

In about 30-45 seconds, both LEDs should start their normal blinking and are now paired. For best audio, put the switch on the 210 to the number 2 position.

I've been using this combo for about 2 months and love it.