1.    #1  
    Here is my problem. Ptunes works great but I can't seem to find a way to make it play on the built in speaker. Speaker works fine otherwise for speakerphone and sounds, but Ptunes is only playing through headphone jack. So far only doing shoutcast streams going to Ptunes and not an SD card, so I don't know if this will be a problem from music saved to an SD card as well.

Am I missing something or is there something wrong with my set-up?

I DO have the most recent version of P-Tunes Deluxe and other than this, it is working great.

BTW, I know music would sound pretty bad on the speaker, but it would be good enough for NPR and the other talk shoutcast streams.

I did a search on this and the only other thread that MAY have been discussing the issue seemed to be dealing more with defective speakers and earbuds. And problems that didnt exist at first but happend after they used some particular headphone or cassette/car adapter. My problem was from the start, Ptunes has NEVER played over my speaker and, in fact, the first time I plugged in the earbud was to see if Ptunes was even working at all since nothing was comming out of the speaker.

Help!

Thanks.
    Just so you know you can listen through the speaker on the 600 for both streaming and SD card based music. I just tested with a shoutcast server to be sure. I wonder if they changed something in the 650 that made this not work? You may want to e-mail Pocket-Tunes and see if they have had any issues like this on any other 650 users. Please post your results here as I am interested in this for whenever I get my 650 in.
    Interesting,
    I use Pocket Tunes Deluxe and if there is not headphone inserted into the jack, the music plays through the external speaker. Wonder if there is a problem with your headphone jack??
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    The speaker works fine on my 650 for streamed shoutcast as well as mp3s stored on a SD card - the quality is not horrible, in fact, I played Christmas music through it during a dinner the other night - nice ambiance!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboxer
    Interesting,
    I use Pocket Tunes Deluxe and if there is not headphone inserted into the jack, the music plays through the external speaker. Wonder if there is a problem with your headphone jack??
    I considered that, but the speaker otherwise works great. I can use the earbud to listen to game sounds or phone conversations and when i unplug it, it goes to the speaker. Likewise if I am on speakerphone, it works fine and if i plug in the headphones, it goes to the headphones. So seems to be working fine for everyhthing execpt ptunes
    does your stratup sound play when you turn on the phone??

I had to have one replaced for this.
  7.    #7  
    Well guess what. NOW it is working. Appears the problem IS in the headphone jack, a bit of a short or something. I noticed it would pop and hiss depending on if I jiggled or rotated the headphone plug even the slightest. After fiddling with that, it then started working!

So, I guess this one will have to be replaced if it happens again. Too bad, everything else was working great

Odd though that it was only Ptunes where this problem popped up. A bit sensitive perhaps?
    don't mean to insult anyone, but check the mute button on top of the phone. if it is in the speaker off position you cannot hear pocket tunes through the speaker but you can toggle calls to speaker and hear them just fine.
    Treoing & Loving it
  9. hls
    LOL; that was my problem.
    I have a similar problem...if I use a hands free set, occasionally my built in speaker will not work for alarms/mp3's etc...

After re-plugging in the hands free and again removing it, the speaker starting working just fine?!

Grr.
    This may have only been my experience, but I'd return Treos that are showing this problem, even if it starts working again. When I first used earphones for RealPlayer, the internal speaker stopped working for RealPlayer even though it worked for the speakerphone. After a couple of days, it started working again so I just figured it was a fluke. After a few more times using earphones, the internal speaker stopped working for music and it hasn't worked since in the last month or so.

The reason I say this is that, at least at my Sprint store, they take back returns under 30 days without question, but told me I had to take it to a dealer where a tech can verify the problem after 30 days. Had I returned it when I first saw the temporary problem, I'd have had saved myself a lot of time taking the phone to a specified store and letting a tech play with it.
    When Im playing an mp3 and plug in my headset (i havent tried headphones yet) it keeps playing thru the speakerphone. Anyone know why? Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siovhan
    When Im playing an mp3 and plug in my headset (i havent tried headphones yet) it keeps playing thru the speakerphone. Anyone know why? Thank you.
    What kind of headset are you using? It sounds like your headset is not compatable with your treo. Just a guess there.
    Palm V -> Pocket PC -> Treo 650 GSM
    ----------------- ^
    Slipped to the "Dark Side" for a while, But I'm back