Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'd like to know what you think about a good program for storing passwords, PIN numbers, etc. I have a couple of outlook notes that I use now. Isn't very secure. I've had really good luck with software recommendations so far on this site. Thanks.
    I've used SplashID for a while now...it has a desktop component too...works great.
    I use Cryptinfo, which also has a Windows companion. It works well, but there is a minor bug that causes the data on the handheld to not be sorted correctly in some circumstances. It's from the same vendor as PTunes, which is a problem. They make so much more money off of Ptunes that Cryptinfo has become almost an orphan.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I use eWallet. They got Palm, Windows desktop, Pocket PC and MS Smartphone versions. That way, if you ever change device types in the future (or buy an additional one), you have all the possible platforms covered
  5. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    mobipassword - great system AND it autologs you into websites.......
    Cheers

Charles
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleReeck
    I use eWallet. They got Palm, Windows desktop, Pocket PC and MS Smartphone versions. That way, if you ever change device types in the future (or buy an additional one), you have all the possible platforms covered
    I'm also a big fan of eWallet (www.iliumsoft.com). By biggest complaint is that it's not optimized for the Treo, i.e., can't use the D-pad to navigate. Other than that it's very efficient.
    "There has always been a tension in conservatism between those who favor more liberty and those who want more morality. But what's indisputable is that Bush's 'compassionate conservatism' is a move toward the latter - the use of the government to impose and subsidize certain morals over others. He is fusing big government liberalism with religious right moralism. It's the nanny-state with more cash." -- www.AndrewSullivan.com
    eWallet for me as well. I have changed from Palm to Pocket PC and back to Palm and have been able to keep using the same program.
    To throw another one into the mix... I use 3Nity the Star Combination Project. I know, weird name, but it works great for me.

http://www.smart-mobile.net/product_info.asp?prod=3nity
    I use SplashID. No complaints. I never upgrade to the most recent version. I still use 2 point something.
    I must absolutely throw it in for mr. SplashID.

I hadn't used one of these programs before, but in October, when I went to the PalmOne Treo Roadshow, the palm engineer was asked what third party software he kept on his Treo. The only one he mentioned was SplashID. That's when I got it.
    Likewise, it's SplashID for me... indispensable.
    I use Keyring. I haven't tried the other ones mentioned so I don't know how it stacks up, but it's free. It was the best of the free ones I found back when I looked into this a while ago.
    Splash Id for me. I am a fan of the splash products including splash money and shopper, clock, and photo
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    SplashData's SplashWallet Suite that includes SplashID is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by jayzee
    Splash Id for me. I am a fan of the splash products including splash money and shopper, clock, and photo
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I got the free version of SplashID bundled with my Treo600 and eventually paid to register it. Still happily using it on my Treo650. I've got tons of data stored in it. Nice catagorization features. They also have a pretty active Yahoo! Support Group.

ERic
    I used to buy canned data base programs such as wallet programs, recipe programs, or auto maintence logs when I first started using pda's. Then the program would get discontinued or not updated to work on the lastest palm OS and I would be screwed. Now I much prefer to make my own databases using programs such Smartlist ToGo. This really cuts down on the amount of programs on the Treo and allows full customization. Smartlist also has full SD card support. The best reason for making your own databases is that you can allways export the data as raw data and then import the data into any program you want. Most of the canned database programs for the palm will not allow this. Then if the developer stops making updates for it, you will be stuck and have to re-enter all your data into another program. It is also nice to be able to bring your data into access or like program on your PC.

my .02,
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Another vote for SplashID. The ability to use both desktop and handheld version, with data syched between, is great
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Any database program worth it's salt will allow you to import/export with a .csv file...

ERic
    Another vote for SplashID. The desktop component works great for entering IDs faster than on the Treo and it's compatible with both Mac and Windows.

The latest version of the Palm client seems to recognize the Treo's keyboard better. For example if you select the number pad input option for the password, it now recognzies numbers from the dialpad keys without having to press the option key for a number.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned HanDBase. I've used it for years on my other Palm devices. It is a powerful, yet simple database probram - fully customizable, and able to encryt your data if you want. I haven't yet added it to my Treo650, but I assume it is fully compatable. Anyone else use it on the 650?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast