Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by pcerione
    I looking for SmartList To Go 2.602 or 2.6 install exe ?

Thanks !!!!
    Well, this is your lucky day! You looking no further!
    You can purchase it for $50 here
    Passwords plus was a recent free Handango app, which can still be had for free by using promotional code "FREEAPP". I personally use Keychain, which was free and simple. But it looks like Passwords Plus allows you to sync to a desktop component of it. I just couldn't afford the extra memory that it takes...
    I use cryptopad. It's not strictly a password keeper, but rather a memo encryptor. I keep all my passwords and vital info there. In terms of a password or CC card # keeper looks are about as low as you can get on my list. First second and third are security. CryptoPad uses Blowfish encryption for which the only known attack is brute force. Can't get much better than that. You can find it at PalmGear by searching for CryptoPad, and it's free (open source). Also as someone mentioned many programs require a pin to enter but leave the data unencrypted on the desktop...CryptoPad encrypts the data so you're safe no matter what.
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned strip, I have used it for many years, and it is free software under the GPL license. I'm currently using version .5 using 128bit encryption, but looks like I'll be upgrading soon to 1.0 which apparently uses 256bit. .5 doesn't work with the dialpad, not sure about 1.0.

I've never had any problem with it, and it works fine on the treo.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    hysterik - Thanks for the link to strip.

Once I noticed this thread I was looking at the various password encryption apps. Most would say '128 bit encryption' but not tell you what kind of encryption it was. Just being 128 doesn't make it hard to crack. A couple mentioned using Blowfish (SplashID, for instance), which is pretty good. Strip 1.0 is using AES which is one of the latest and better encryption processes.

Always be wary if a company won't disclose it's encryption scheme or is proud of some proprietary scheme they've cooked up. Take that as a sign their methodology isn't industrial-strength. Security by obscurity is no security at all.
    - Fushigi
    Quote Originally Posted by hysterik
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned strip, I have used it for many years, and it is free software under the GPL license. I'm currently using version .5 using 128bit encryption, but looks like I'll be upgrading soon to 1.0 which apparently uses 256bit. .5 doesn't work with the dialpad, not sure about 1.0.

I've never had any problem with it, and it works fine on the treo.
    I use Strip 1.0, and it's mostly stable. You can crash it with the "generate password" button.

Since it's GPL, I keep thinking I should download the source and add compatibility with the directional button to make my life easier.

I also was going to create an "export to memopad" function for it...
    notepaper -> palm pilot pro -> handspring visor platinum -> kyocera 6035 -> treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by libelle
    I use Strip 1.0, and it's mostly stable. You can crash it with the "generate password" button.

Since it's GPL, I keep thinking I should download the source and add compatibility with the directional button to make my life easier.

I also was going to create an "export to memopad" function for it...

This may be a dumb question. For a program like Strip, where it doesn't look like there is any desktop sync software, let's say the worst happens and you lose your Treo. Is there any way to retrieve your info (just from syncing the Treo to the computer)? In other words, is the info saved in Strip backed up anywhere? I'd hate to put all my info there, lose my Palm, and while nobody else can get that info, neither can I!
    Quote Originally Posted by dosh
    This may be a dumb question. For a program like Strip, where it doesn't look like there is any desktop sync software, let's say the worst happens and you lose your Treo. Is there any way to retrieve your info (just from syncing the Treo to the computer)? In other words, is the info saved in Strip backed up anywhere? I'd hate to put all my info there, lose my Palm, and while nobody else can get that info, neither can I!
    The database is, in fact, backed up to your PC. It's encrypted, though. So you'd need to get another Palm (or run the Palm emulator), hotsync to load your database onto it, install Strip, and then you'd be back.

Basically, the passphrase is the only key to the encryption. It probably would be fairly straightforward to make a Windows/Mac/Unix decryption utility as well, since Strip uses standard AES.
    notepaper -> palm pilot pro -> handspring visor platinum -> kyocera 6035 -> treo 650
    Last post was over a month ago so let's see if there is any new info on this topic. Specifically, I want to know if people actually used these different products and why they picked one over the other. I am going to buy one of these four this week but which one? Many seem to like Splash, but have they tried the others to compare? Does anyone know if any of these (or all of them) allow for multiple family members to access the same (or different) password files on the same computer?

SplashID
    Passwords Plus
    eWallet
    MobiPassword

Thank you.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    More than happy with CryptInfo from the Ptunes people.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    I throw another vote at YAPS.
    It's free and easy to use.
    -CD-
    Another vote for eWallet for me. Version 4.01 rocks!
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    SpashID works wonders for me....

Dale
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123