1.    #1  
    I have a nice picture I would like to set as a background on my phone. I don't know how to do it and make it look good. A little help please. Here is the pic I want to add...
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2.    #2  
    Ok, figured out how to transfer the pics to the phone. Easy part. Anyone know how to make a custom background/dial pad screen? I like the touchscreen number pads, but I wish it all looked different. I mean background buttons, colors, all to match this pic.

Here is an updated picture (smaller size than the first) Anyone feel like taking a stab at it?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GMSchiller
    Ok, figured out how to transfer the pics to the phone. Easy part. Anyone know how to make a custom background/dial pad screen? I like the touchscreen number pads, but I wish it all looked different. I mean background buttons, colors, all to match this pic.

Here is an updated picture (smaller size than the first) Anyone feel like taking a stab at it?
    I can give you the next best thing with ScrenCare! You can have this and other images show all the time when your Treo is inactive!

But if you only want this image to show when you have the phone application running here is what you do:

go to the phone application.
    phone->menu->options->general preferences->show wallpaper

The show wall paper is a popup control at the top of the window it probably says "Show Dial Pad" right now. Change that to "Show Wallpaper". Then click on the Blue Image box and it will take you to your Image Album. From there you can select the image you want displayed. If you do not see the image you want then you will have to do this:

Move the image you want to the SD Card. It needs to go into the /DCIM folder. If you want the image always available - even when the SD Card is removed, then go into the Pic&Video application and move it to RAM.

Hope this helps. But Again I think you would like ScreenCare because after as little as 1 minute of inactivity, ScreenCare will start cycling through what ever images you want it to display. Thus you will see what you want irrespective of what application is displayed.

Jeff
    how do you get the jpegs from the DCIM folder to show up as choices for wallpaper.? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rexx
    how do you get the jpegs from the DCIM folder to show up as choices for wallpaper?
    per jgibson

Press the green phone button.
    Press the menu button.
    Press the right arrow button on the 5 way pad twice to select Options.
    Press the center button on the 5 way to select General Preferences.
    Press the down arrow button to highlight Show Dial Pad.
    Press the center button to open the Show Dial Pad/Wallpaper pick list.
    Press the down arrow button to highlight Show Wallpaper.
    Press the center button to select Show Wallpaper.
    Press the right arrow button to highlight the blue Sprint wallpaper sample.
    Press the center button on the 5 way to Select Picture.
    Press the up arrow button, then the right arrow button twice to highlight the card.
    Press the center button to open the DCIM directory on the card.
    Press the down arrow button to select the picture to use for wallpaper in the phone app.
    Press the center button to select the picture and return the the General Preferences screen.
    Press the up arrow button to select OK.
    Press the center button to return to the phone screen.
    [Optional] Continue the search for your MIA stylus.
    Pressing the center button after highlighting the card does nothing--that's why I asked the question in the first place. I can open the DCIM directory with filez and move it to internal but it does not show up either.