Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Here's a partial message from Verizon in response to my inquiry about the Treo 650:

"Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our website. We appreciate your interest in the Treo 650, and we are happy to assist you.

Verizon Wireless is constantly improving the services, features, and wireless phones we offer to our customers for their communication needs.

This model is currently being tested for functionality and reliability with our network. Verizon Wireless will not offer a product or service unless it meets the high standards our customers have come to expect. We regret that we are unable to provide information regarding the approximate release date, as this may raise expectations that may not be met."

The Treo 650 may be just around the new year, based on a previous thread on Verizon.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
    Anyone actually know how long it took them to test the 600? I know it came out MUCH later than the rest, but they weren't "testing" it the whole time....
    Maybe they should give one to the "Can you hear me now?" guy for "testing" .
    VZW will have a lot of mad customers if they release a phone with all of the problems reported on this site alone and not be able to address them. I hope they are busy training their reps.

Also, they will need a significant inventory of 650 to accommodate the replacements. (I've had to replace my Treo 600 four times now.)