Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Find it here

Please keep all posts related to automobile hands free link results over here in this thread. Good to keep all those results in just one place.

Adam
    Last edited by adamt; 12/23/2004 at 01:48 AM.
    I don't think I have been so excited and so let down so quickly

I thought you meant BT in general not just carkit support.
    Ditto
    Wow. Good to know PalmOne is addressing the issues we are having between the car kit and the sound issue. Looks like they may be on the right track.
    yes but does it works with my BMW? NO it does not and I am very pis@#$ off...
    they suck suck suck what a fockin joke they are...
    and is there a way to uninstall this trash off my so little to begin with memory...?
    It is akin to a firmware update, so I do not think you can uninstall it. Just wait until BMW support is here, download the patch and run it again -- what is new will be installed and what is already there will be overwritten.
    Works well with UConnect system in my Jeep.

Good work, P1. Thanks.
    I'm getting confused between posts, so I hope I'm not repeating myself...

The patch works great now for my Audi A6. I thought it was not working once, but sometimes it takes a few seconds for the two to find each other.

I am having poor sound quality complaints from those I call. Could this be related to the Treo sound quality issues?
    Does anyone know if the Pa1mOne patch works with the Sony-Ericsson HCB-300 Bluetooth car kit? I see that it is not listed as a supported product on the P1 site, but the site does say to use the patch with any car kit.

Currently, my Treo 650 works OK with this car kit, but not as well as does eithe my T-Mo SE Z600 or my Cingular Nokia 6230.

I think I may hold of on instlling this firmware upgrade until I get some confirmation of its applicability for this car kit.

Thanks.
    Hello all!.

I am a little confused as well. I have a '05 BMW 530i and my treo 650 and bluetooth work decently together but there are a few snags. Things like the numbers arent correct on the screen and sometimes it doesnt connect right away and other times it connects perfectly but I can never get the numbers and names right and forget about using the phone book. Basically the car doesnt recognize the phone but the phone will use the cars audio system when a call is placed.

What I am wondering is, 1. if this update will make things better? and 2. can I take it off or make an image of my treo to restore if it makes it worse? I really dont want to loose all capabilities because I woudl rather take what I have now over nothin'

Thanks for all your support.

BradOne1
    Before the update, my A6 worked just like you describe with your Beamer. Since the update, it works mostly as it should: some of the memory dial numbers don't come over and the sound quality isn't too good, but that may be the Audi, not the Treo. Sometimes I get a loud buzz just before I connect, but not always. All of the lists work, display are proper, etc. It's really pretty functional.
    Thanks for the Info, I am thinking that Audi and BMW are very much alike, arent the affiliated somehow??? I think I will put on the update, but I would like to know if there is a way to back out of it if ot causes adverse effects. Does anyone know if this update can be removed? or If I can take a snapshot or image of my treo 650 to restore if things dont go well with the bluetooth update?

Kindest Regards,

Brad
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoagie
    It is akin to a firmware update, so I do not think you can uninstall it. Just wait until BMW support is here, download the patch and run it again -- what is new will be installed and what is already there will be overwritten.
    Incorrect, this is NOT a firmware upgrade or flash. It's simply 7 files to go in ram taking up more memory. Please don't guess, if you don't know, don't say anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Incorrect, this is NOT a firmware upgrade or flash. It's simply 7 files to go in ram taking up more memory. Please don't guess, if you don't know, don't say anything.
    Please!! What are the names of the 7 files. I would like to delete them. Thanks!
    Yes, Yes, what files are they??? I want to be able to back out of this one. I make over 30 calls a day through the bluetooth system on my BMW and if I loose capabilities after the update I think I will literally die. I really will... really.

What backup program can be used to backup the treo for a lter restore though, I have read it can be done, or was told that this would be the place to find out....

BradOne1
    Ok you all..... I bit the bullet and did the update but I downloaded Right Backup 1.82 before I did it. I backed up my device to restore if there was a problem.

and drum roll please.........

Yes, The update was a success, and I recommend it to other BMW drivers, now the voice dialing worked that didnt before and just as another person said, the phone book didnt transfer. Its almost like it starts creating its own phone book separate from the phone. I just installed it and htem my treo battery died so I will have more info tomorrow after a full days worth of use...

It seems to have done better, I did have to re-pair it though.... I'll let you all know more though....

Thanks for the advice and info.

BradOne1
    05 BMW 530i
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Hi All,
    I am new to this process so I apologize if I am not doing it correct! I have a Treo 650 & just bought an RX330 today & want to install bluetooth. The dealer was not much help with what brand or model I should get installed. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    JT
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    I didn't say it was a firmware update, I said it was akin to one (having a similar qualities or characteristics) seeing as people are probably more familar with such updates on pdas and phones. My apologies for forgetting a modifier such as "possbily" in there. Please don't assume I'm clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzo
    Please!! What are the names of the 7 files. I would like to delete them. Thanks!
    My guess, which I am going to say anyway, is that the 7 files are the following:
    - BtDeviceLibrary
    - BtHsmLib
    - BtStack
    - BtHandsfree Panel
    - BtHandsfree Panel_enUS
    - Bluetooth Library
    - Bluetooth Library_enUS

All of which have a creation date of 12/15/04 - 7 days before the patch was released. The next group of creation dates belong to applications months ago. The total size of the 7 files (528K) also jives with my recollection of my "free space" meter dropping by after I installed the patch.

Each of the above files is a library, they show up gray in ZLauncher's File Manager adjacent to a blue like named files located on the ROM.

I personally don't believe removing the files wise though. It could be that the system is set up to just look for library extensions, under specific filenames, and just keeps chugging along if it doesn't find one. It makes just as much sense that there is a reference to these files somewhere which may not exit so gracefully.

In the case of the former, it is likely that those files will simply be overwritten when the next update comes out -- so you'd end up losing that space (and probably more) later. You could think of that space as a "reminder" to keep available until the next patch comes out.

For the latter situation, well...

I'd just make sure you have someway to recover from the worst case scenario if you decide to delete files you were probably not meant to delete. bradone1's mention of "Right Backup" seems to be a wise precaution.
    Last edited by Hoagie; 12/28/2004 at 08:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjo99
    Hi All,
    I am new to this process so I apologize if I am not doing it correct! I have a Treo 650 & just bought an RX330 today & want to install bluetooth. The dealer was not much help with what brand or model I should get installed. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    JT
    If Lexus (aka: Toyota) makes their own BT aftermarket mod, for your model car, I would suggest that. Not because of its compatability with the 650, but because of its compatability with you car. I own a '04 Prius and the 650 works with a few minor issues, so there is basic support for Toyota/Lexus BT and I'm sure Palm is working more support (especially for you Lexus people, which is fine by me since many of the chipsets are the same).

If you are going totally aftermarket add-on (i.e., the RX330 has no BT "option"), I dunno. There are probably a few posts about that after that running around the forum -- if not, I'd say it is a good subject to bring up. Others would appreciate the knowledge too.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast