1.    #1  
    So I have setup Versamail to work with my IMAP account, but only to get the last week's email. Manual get works fine. Here's the odd part: Auto-sync works, but almost too well. Auto sync starts pulling emails older than one week back into my Inbox. Sometimes it gets 25 emails, sometimes it gets only 13. Eventually, after enough auto sync operations, my entire IMAP inbox with over 500 emails has been downloaded!

Has enyone else encountered this kind of behavior?

It's almost like the autosync ignores the "only fetch the last week" setting....

I've tried chatter and snapper and both of them behave properly, but I would rather just use the built-in versamail app.
    I dunno if anyone else hates this versamaul ss much as I but it rots. it seems when I delete my msgs from my phone when it calls and collects my mai.l again it gets all of them instead of just the new ones. anyone know a way aeiund this problem?
    IMAP or POP? If IMAP just download unread.
  4.    #4  
    So I originally posted this topic over 2 years ago. Since then I've upgraded to a Treo 700P and I have Snappermail installed...however, I figured I would try Versamail again. I thought that Palm would certainly have fixed this by now..but they haven't!

I still get the same behavior!! I know it's not my email server, as I have switched hosts since the initial problem and STILL this problem occurs! Why is it versamail can't figure out which emails to autosync?!?! Both snappermail and chatter do this perfectly.

I really think I'm going to move to a WM-based device next time I upgrade. PalmOS is for suckers. I might not be a fan of microsoft, but at least their stuff WORKS.
    Quote Originally Posted by saucycg View Post
    So I have setup Versamail to work with my IMAP account, but only to get the last week's email. Manual get works fine. Here's the odd part: Auto-sync works, but almost too well. Auto sync starts pulling emails older than one week back into my Inbox. Sometimes it gets 25 emails, sometimes it gets only 13. Eventually, after enough auto sync operations, my entire IMAP inbox with over 500 emails has been downloaded!

Has enyone else encountered this kind of behavior?

It's almost like the autosync ignores the "only fetch the last week" setting....

I've tried chatter and snapper and both of them behave properly, but I would rather just use the built-in versamail app.
    Is Auto Sync checked in the preference menu?

If it's set to 1 hour or more intervals, I get this message:
    "Auto Sync will ignore the 'Get mail from last' setting."
    anyone ever solve this? i sitll have this prob on my sprint 700p!