1.    #1  
    My 1 month old Treo 650 seems to have a loose connection/short within the headset jack. I have tried several different headsets and the Palm headphone adapter and if I slightly rotate or barely move the plug the sound cuts in and out or goes to mono. Very poor construction. I'm taking it to the Sprint store tomorrow morning. Just FYI.
    OT= But have to ask, Will Oklahoma fans be happy to only be co-champions with Auburn when they beat USC.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttoppins
    My 1 month old Treo 650 seems to have a loose connection/short within the headset jack. I have tried several different headsets and the Palm headphone adapter and if I slightly rotate or barely move the plug the sound cuts in and out or goes to mono. Very poor construction. I'm taking it to the Sprint store tomorrow morning. Just FYI.
    I totally feel your pain. It happened to me recently as well. Went to the sprint store and they weren't willing to replace the treo for me because it's such a new phone and they didn't want to give up their new phones which obviously they want to sell to customers.

They suggested I contacted palm one since I purchased the phone from them. That actually worked. Palm one is overnighting me a new phone and should probably be here today.

It sucks because I was using the treo alot to listen to music and watch my recorded tv shows and movies. So I had to go back to using my ipod to entertain myself on the train.
    I found that the Palm headset adapter is staticky on my Treo 650 especially if I moved it even a little bit. I was surprised because I had bought the Radio Shack adapter as a temporary solution and it worked better then the palm adapter. It may not be your Treo 650, it may be the Palm adapter.

Anyway.. The best adapter I have found for the Treo 650 is the Seidio Adapter. It works perfectly for me....

Here is the link: http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...e=ADA%2D25M35F
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman
    I found that the Palm headset adapter is staticky on my Treo 650 especially if I moved it even a little bit. I was surprised because I had bought the Radio Shack adapter as a temporary solution and it worked better then the palm adapter. It may not be your Treo 650, it may be the Palm adapter.

Anyway.. The best adapter I have found for the Treo 650 is the Seidio Adapter. It works perfectly for me....

tried two different adaptors (including the seido and radio shack) and headphones already and it still caused distorted mono sound quality. in my case it was definitely my treo 650.

i wonder if this will start happening to other treo 650 users.
    Seems that I have a similar problem!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=67213
  7.    #7  

Definitely was the phone, not the adapter. Just returned from the Sprint store in Plano/Dallas at Coit and Cambell. They replaced the 650 without hesitation. Great service!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by edgefox
    OT= But have to ask, Will Oklahoma fans be happy to only be co-champions with Auburn when they beat USC.
    start of inappropriate content for this board-----

As long as we beat USC I don't care if we have to be co-champs although I really don't like the whole notion of renegotiating who is the champion each year as the season progresses. All of the member conferences and teams have known the last several years that the BCS #1 would be the national champ. Despite this, it seems like each year there is a late season attempt to rework the deal. Last year I thought that LSU was the champ since they beat us and ended up #1 in the BCS. This year I think that whoever ends up #1 in the BCS is the champ. That is what everyone agreed to at the start of the season. This is like re-doing a contract after the ink is dry. Just my opinion. In the final analysis, I just want to beat USC. I'll be at the game as I was for the 2000 national championship when we beat FSU at the Orange Bowl. Hopefully I'll bring some good luck I think Auburn is an awesome team and deserves a shot at the championship. Hopefully we'll end up with some kind of playoff system now that the AP has pulled out of the BCS. ----end of inappropriate content for this board
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts

I was just about to ask about the static problem -- and I'm glad I found this thread.

My treo 650 is a lot more staticy than my 600 was. And I'm on my second 650 --both produce a noticable static if the headset adapter is move just little bit.

It seems like this is a farily common problem among Treo 650s, even with the Palm headset adapter.

--Bill
    This is just another person agreeing with the head set jack failure.
    Yep, this has just started happening to me too.
    I'm a new to this, so what do I need to get my 650 replaced. A warranty card?

Get Backup Buddy? Will this take care of everything for when I recieve my replaced Treo?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    I just got off the phone with PalmOne about my Treo 650's headphone static problem. I posted a summary of my conversations with PalmOne on another, similar thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=77373