1.    #1  
    Well, all has been well.....almost....so far. Besides a few issues w/ Versamail (seems to like to corrupt itself every once in a while) and some odd dissappearing act pulled by Vindigo (maybe due to trying to move it to SD earlier?) all has been well and I've had few crashes.

Well, that changed last night. All of a sudden I can't complete a sync w/o my Treo crashing. The only app I added was Butler. I tried to delete it once, which crashed my Treo. The second time, however, was a charm. I was immediately able to sync a few times w/o a crash.

Anybody out there using Butler w/o issues? Maybe it was due to a specific option I enabled??
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckotek
    Well, all has been well.....almost....so far. Besides a few issues w/ Versamail (seems to like to corrupt itself every once in a while) and some odd dissappearing act pulled by Vindigo (maybe due to trying to move it to SD earlier?) all has been well and I've had few crashes.

Well, that changed last night. All of a sudden I can't complete a sync w/o my Treo crashing. The only app I added was Butler. I tried to delete it once, which crashed my Treo. The second time, however, was a charm. I was immediately able to sync a few times w/o a crash.

Anybody out there using Butler w/o issues? Maybe it was due to a specific option I enabled??
    <rant>I really wish you could configure the treo without all these silly 3rd party apps. Not only is paying $7 for a butler program to turn off my "service light" silly, you're also adding risky untested software to the phone. Grr... </rant>
    Had exactly the same problem with inability to complete hotsync or backup with backman withouta reset. After removing butler, had no problem. Wish they'd fix it because otherwise butler is great.
  4.    #4  
    Glad to get confirmation from others. Pisses me off though because it was one of those programs I was almost excited about registering.

I can't believe Palm didn't put some sort of LED Message notification in the 650. This is what started me looking for the 650. Guess I'll wait to see if they fix Butler to try again.
    Butler is in the process of being updated. The problem is the author doesn't have a 650.
    The developer of Butler is on it. This guy (Rob) is one the best developers in the treo community. If you haven't already, email him and let him know what you've experienced.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    The developer of Butler is on it. This guy (Rob) is one the best developers in the treo community. If you haven't already, email him and let him know what you've experienced.
    Do you have his email? I ordered through Palmgear and don't seem to have it anywhere. Feel free to PM me if you dont want to post it here, thanks