1.    #1  
    Everything else with getting started on my 650 either went smoothly or I figured it out with all the help in this forum, but I can't find a solution to this problem. The problem more specifically is that when hotsynch gets to the DataViz's Documents To Go portion of the hotsynch, I get an error dialog that starts out with "Microsoft Office PowerPoint has encountered a problem and needs to close...".

This happens regardless of wheter or not I had PowerPoint open, and occured with both the 7.000 and 7.003 versions of Docs To Go Pro versions. I have Office 2003 Pro on my desktop.

Any help or ideas much appreciated.
    Try uninstalling the Office AddIns that Documents To Go installs. There is an uninstaller program available in the Documents To Go folder in c:Program Files. There seems to be some problems with them and the Treo 650 version of HotSync and Palm Desktop
    Also try totally uninstalling DTG on your desktop and on your 650. And reformat your SD card to ensure that there is nothing old left. This is a last resort solution, of course.
    I had to uninstall everything and then reinstall. I had to also make sure that norton internet security and anti-virus were disable to make mine work
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for your thoughts. So far, no joy. I tried disabling Norton AV 2004 and Norton Internet Security 2004 (including disabling the NAV Office plug-in check and rebooting the computer so that neither reloaded on boot), andI also tried reinstalling Doc To Go and uninstalling the addins while all Norton was disabled (7 times so far: you can track this by counting the number of versions of each sample doc in the default location of My Documents).

Unfortunately, I continue to get the PowerPoint crash on my desktop if I do either or both of the following: leave the PowerPoint Docs To Go add-in loaded, or try to move a powerpoint or Slideshow To Go doc in either direction on a hotsynch. In other words, the only way to avoid a crash is to unload the ppt add-in, and remove all ppt docs from the Treo.

I put in a help email to DataViz on the 23rd. I'll let you know what they say when/if they reply, and any further ideas much appreciated. And Happy Holidays to All!
    Did you use the dataviz tech tool to remove all the apps on you palm before re-installing 7.03?