1.    #1  
    OK, here's the deal. I have a Linksys wireless web cam, and it will detect motion, and record a short video clip, and e-mail it to me. I was very excited to see that it uses .asf files for the video, since the built in player also plays that format. If you drag a .avi file in to the Palm Desktop it converts it to a .asf.

So I figured I could just have my web cam e-mail my phone when it senses motion, and I could view the video, but this doesn't work. When I open the attachment, it says converting for a second, then it acts like it plays it, but nothing plays.

I really want this to work, it would be the ultimate form of security if you could get a video sent to your phone if someone breaks in to your home. Or just keeping up on the dog when away.

Any suggestions? I have a link to one of these files if anyone would like to mess with it. Maybe some other player I don't have will read it. MMPlayer doesn't even see the file if I save it to the card.

http://www.skydivewags.com/Sam/sam_cam.asf
    Last edited by skydivewags; 12/23/2004 at 01:56 AM.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
  2.    #2  
    Bump, Sombody help me please.......

And by the way, if I try to put one of the web cam pictures in to the the Palm desktop, it says it failed.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    Is the resolution of your webcam the same as the Treo? Would be great if you get it to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by skydivewags
    Bump, Sombody help me please.......

And by the way, if I try to put one of the web cam pictures in to the the Palm desktop, it says it failed.
  4.    #4  
    The resolution is 320 x 240, so it's almost perfect!
    Blue Skies,
    Wags