Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Any idea how after using my 650 for several weeks with about 12 third party apps, every single app lost its registration information (data still intact) and I had to reenter the registration number for every one?
    was it after a hotsync soft reset and/or do you have butler installed?
    I had this happen when I moved some apps to my memory card, but I also lost the data.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    Happened to me twice tonight, 3 times since I bought it.....I hope PalmOne releases an update this ROM is buggy IMO.

Just honing my backup and restore skills till then...
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyparanoid
    Happened to me twice tonight, 3 times since I bought it.....I hope PalmOne releases an update this ROM is buggy IMO.

Just honing my backup and restore skills till then...
    did this apply to you?
    Sounds like you may have lost your "Saved Preferences" file. I have seen this file get corrupted several times now.
    Yeah.. If Saved Prefs gets corrupted or deleted that will happen. Also.. I've seen Saved Preferences prevent a hotsync from completing.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    did this apply to you?
    Yes, I lost my reg codes for some of my applications on my Treo 650 three times now....usually after HotSyncs.

I was saying that it has made me more proficient at backup and restoring my Treo...I hope Palm fixes it...
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyparanoid
    Yes, I lost my reg codes for some of my applications on my Treo 650 three times now....usually after HotSyncs.

I was saying that it has made me more proficient at backup and restoring my Treo...I hope Palm fixes it...
    sorry... i meant the connection to butler.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    sorry... i meant the connection to butler.
    No, I have never installed butler on my Treo 650...
  11.    #11  
    I have also never used Butler. Yes it did happen after a HotSync. I am really getting ticked with the instability of this thing. Seems like all the beta testing was done using the out of the box configuration, without any thought of the use of third party apps.
    Same thing happened here, I don't used butler though.
    In my experience so far with the 650, I have not had a hard reset. (I did once voluntarily to try things out). But the savedpreferences file is another story. I've lost it at least four times, and restored it from backup each time. Now I have a regimen of saving the latest saved prefs file to the card mid-week and doing a full backup every weekend.
  14.    #14  
    Which files exactly are you saving to the card to backup your saved preferences?
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    I just move keep a copy of the saved preferences.prc on my desktop. I have noticed that I only loose it after a failed to complete sync. Not all failed syncs, but some of them. I have been had the failed sync problem since the begining, but the lost preferences has just started.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    This happened to me yesterday. I do a nightly automated backup, so I hard resetted and restored, so I am fine, but I am curious if restoring the saved preferences file alone will do the trick. Any thoughts?
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mervynle
    Any idea how after using my 650 for several weeks with about 12 third party apps, every single app lost its registration information (data still intact) and I had to reenter the registration number for every one?
    This happened to me, too. I suspect it was a third party application. Very strange, indeed!
    Happened to me yesterday. I went to my backp folder and resynced my saved preferences file and all was well.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    It happened to me when I installed the latest version of mRing.
    It happened to me when I installed the update to TreoGuard, so I dont think it has to do with the app being installed, but rather the hotsync/install process itself. Smells like a bug to me.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast