Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by jccomo
    I found the file "saved_preferences" in the palm/user/backup folder on my computer.

I haven't tried restoring yet using this file....let me know if it works.

JC

You are correct. the "saved Preferences" has most of the registry information as well as certain settings. Just resync this file and you should be good to go.
    My SavedPreferences.prc got corrupted last night somehow. I was miles away from my laptop. Fortunately, BackupBuddy VFS from Blue Nomad had backed everything up as scheduled the previous night, and I was able to restore just that one file and get all my preferences, registration codes, etc. back in one step (while out walking the dog, no less).

In BBVFS: Options: Advanced: Restore: SavedPreferences.prc.

-Jeff DLB
    (no relation to company, just a satisfied user)
    Palm user since 1999-04-16: III > IIIx > Vx > Sony N610c > SJ33 > Treo 650 GSM > Centro CDMA
    This happened to me last week while I was traveling. My Agendus stopped working and I couldn't get any numbers (since it said the trial period was over). Then MMPLayer said it wasn't registered and I starting thinking, WTF.

It turned out somehow my Hotsync ID got deleted. Completely gone and thus why those apps didn't work. What helped was I have MultiUserHack installed and I just activated it and then deactivated and my Hotsync ID was back and everything worked fine.
    Which basically means your Saved Preferences file disapeared. You likely lost all your settings in 'fixing' it that way.
    We need a quick batch script written to make a copy of the saved preferences file from our bkup folders on our desktops. If I had one I could use windoze scheduler to run it daily and always have a recent backup.

Seems like an easy batch file that would only need to have the directory name updated (based on user name of the device).

Anybody have a few extra minutes to help?

I'm sure a bunch of us would appreciate it.
    The better question is why this gets blown out? Is it the NVF? Can this problem be addresed in a rom patch? Pa1mone, are you listining, or in this case reading?????
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
    I think it has to do with the file being open when a reset occurs, which corrupts the file.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    I got this problem for the first time on monday.. read this thread and restored the file...
    however, I noticed that in Network prefs all my network options had doubled. A little later the same crash happened and I had to restore the file again.. network options had 3 entries then...
    I was suspicious, so I did the #*377 code and it said Network caused a fatal exception.
    So I deleted the NetworkDB file that stores network settings.
    I then lost my tmobile internet settings so I did a soft reset which restored those options from my SIM card.
    Since then I have not had a single crash that resulted in the prefs corruption problem.

So to sum up, I tracked the problem to a corrupted NetworkDB file that was causing the crashes.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I also had this problem after I installed "Butler" and turn on its "Keyguard" feature. I have since keyed all registration info manually and quit using Keyguard. Restoring the savedprefs file would sure simplify things though. I know there are some threads on this, but what is the most reliable backup software for use with the 650 and the SD Card? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by mlctulsa
    ...I know there are some threads on this, but what is the most reliable backup software for use with the 650 and the SD Card? Thanks.
    My vote goes to BackupBuddyVFS Pro. You can buy it here for $19.95.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    happend to me today, oddly my unit has become unresponsive...i will have to wait till i get back ottawa to fix it...but thank god on my laptop i carry a txt file with all my serials
    I too have been having this same problem... all of my preferences and reg. codes have been blown away twice by a soft reset while using Versamail and Avantgo- I've had two so far since installing 1.08, Butler, and Keycaps.

I restored my savedpreferences.prc file with Teal Backup and most of everything came back.

Thought I'd chime in.

Strange...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123