1.    #1  
    So when I had the I500, I plugged up the phone to the usb and would video confrence all day. But with the 650 threw BlueTooth, no good. Can't connect.
    To slow.
    So, is there a way to connect threw the USB cable? I can't figure it out. It was so easy with the Samsung....

-Brett
    through
  3.    #3  
    I now hoe to speal thak u.
    you mean when using the 1xRTT connection via Bluetooth? I have not had a problem using iChat for videoconferencing when connected that way. You may want to try adjusting your Bandwidth Limit setting in iChat preferences to 200 kbps as shown in the attachment.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MacJunkie; 12/27/2004 at 02:15 PM.
  5.    #5  
    Yeah, I tried that. Just couldn't get fast enough. So, I was wondering if you could use the usb cable to conect, but that doesn't seem to work. Any other ideas? Sorry I'm not that tech, but 1xRTT is the currecnt version of Vision correct? Thanks Junkie.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ 2nd Nature
    Yeah, I tried that. Just couldn't get fast enough. So, I was wondering if you could use the usb cable to conect, but that doesn't seem to work. Any other ideas? Sorry I'm not that tech, but 1xRTT is the currecnt version of Vision correct? Thanks Junkie.
    1xRTT stands for single carrier (that's the "1x") Radio Transmission Technology. It's the technology that CMDA phones use to transmit data, and it can transmit up to a max of around 140 kbps. Although the quality isn't what you get with broadband, you should be connecting WELL above standard dial-up speeds and ought to be able to use video chat.

Apple tech support doesn't offer any specific help to accomplish what you're asking re using the phone with a USB cable rather that with Bluetooth, but they do give some links that may be helpful.

Check out http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=25757

You might also find something useful at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/maccellphone/

Good luck!
    Last edited by MacJunkie; 12/27/2004 at 04:58 PM.