Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    I'm looking for a Contact Management program. I'm scared of Agendus reports of crashes and poor support. But it seems to be the leader. Dtbk5 seems complicated.

But do they solve the delay problem?

Any other contact managers out there?
    after months of trying new versions of agendus, i finally bit the bullet today. palmgear has it for a small discount, and i figured i wouldn't do much better, so....
    to answer your question, no it does not solve the dial delay, but it doesn't make it any worse. and iambic has done a good job of total integration-calendar, todo, memo, mail (i use the versamail, not agendus mail) and weather plugin.

i must say i'm impressed with their latest version and i've had no problems with it thus far (2 week demo period, that is)
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    What I am looking for is a quick like reminder to follow up with leads. Like if I talk to a potential customer today to call next week.. You think Agendus is what I need?

I don't really look forward to "combining the whole world into one view..." and doing 20 confusing things. But dtbka5 sounds so complicated. And the Palm software that came with the 650 feels like it does not quite have "it" yet...

what you think?
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mgauss
    What I am looking for is a quick like reminder to follow up with leads. Like if I talk to a potential customer today to call next week.. You think Agendus is what I need?

I don't really look forward to "combining the whole world into one view..." and doing 20 confusing things. But dtbka5 sounds so complicated. And the Palm software that came with the 650 feels like it does not quite have "it" yet...

what you think?

I have agendus and dont have any problems with it yet.. so far so good. I like it.

I also noticed that it is easier to use... DateBk seems harder but alot of people also like it.

THe one downer with Agendus... alot alot of updates.... and eventualy you will have to fork over 10 bucks every year or so for the latest update.

ON the flipside.,.. it is a good product and i am happy with it so far.. ANd no crashes yet.

I have version 9.01
    The wait to dial thing should be fixed by a palmone firmware upgrade after the 1st of the year.

what you think?
    I use Agendus and it is my life, professionally.

If you schedule a call you can schedule a follow-up by going to Menu -- Options -- Schedule Follow-Up and it will enter a new to-do or appt and fill in the info from your current to-do. Pretty easy and slick.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts

what you think?
    I use it daily in my line of work; hourly usually.
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    Quote Originally Posted by tjd414
    I use Agendus and it is my life, professionally.

If you schedule a call you can schedule a follow-up by going to Menu -- Options -- Schedule Follow-Up and it will enter a new to-do or appt and fill in the info from your current to-do. Pretty easy and slick.
    Guys - many of you are very loyal Agendus fans. So much so that I downloaded the trail (just the Palm version, maybe I should do the desktop too?).

Problem - it's pretty and if I have the stylus out, it seems to work great, but:

1) Finding a contact is not as easy as the built in contacts program where I can type first initial last name or first name last initial, etc. Also, doing this with one seems to be more difficult.

2) Dialing a specific contact number with one hand seems to be more difficult.

3) Why would I want to use the Agendus SMS client that doesn't thread messages like the built in SMS message program. Can I turn it off?

4) Why would I want to use the Agendus e-mail program? I already am having trouble deciding between Snapper Mail and Versamail - what does this have to make it tilt the scales in it's favor? I can't see anything (maybe integration - but does it really link the e-mail in a reportable fashion that makes it useful?)

5) I thought it did a great job with To-Do's. Supposedly had the ability to create to-do's with sub-to-do's under them. Can't see this. Or do I not understand what is meant by hierarchical to-do's? (probably)

6) I would really like more phone numbers but since it works with the built in database, that's probably not possible.

7) Prior to my 650 I was able to give descriptions to my phone numbers by adding words prior to the number. For example, if I had one entry for my parents, I would list both of their cell numbers and identify them by typing MOM: before the first and DAD: before the second. This worked great as it showed the description in the contact list and when I clicked on the specific number to dial, it ignored the text and just dialed the number. Now, text preceeding the number confuses the Contacts program and blows out the listing all together (it appears as a blank mobile number). Additionally, when a call comes in from that number caller ID doesn't link it to the database...
    Agendus keeps my descriptors but does not solve the caller ID issue...

Contacts are so simple. Give me lots of lines for phone numbers and e-mails and allow me to label them. Why is that so hard for a device whose primary function is communication? (Don't get me wrong, I love my Treo 650, but these simple shortcomings do frustrate me. Am I off my rocker or wouldn't everyone struggle with these same problems?)

So, it gets back to, why Agendus? What compells you to use it. Ignore the cost - I just want to know why it is worth the apparent increased effort of use.