1.    #1  
    Any one had experience carrying Treo (600 or 650) in the back pocket with the screen facing in? Seems to be working ok. Concerned about cracking it though...
  2. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    I'd be concerned too......
    Cheers

Charles
    Quote Originally Posted by deer8
    Any one had experience carrying Treo (600 or 650) in the back pocket with the screen facing in? Seems to be working ok. Concerned about cracking it though...

Here goes another future OOPs I broke my screan what should I do now guy!

Al
    I'd be concerned. After you break your treo (you know it will happen) guess where all the glass ends up.
    You can carry it in your back pocket, depending on how much cushion do you have. If you weigh less than 125lbs and you are more than 5' tall, I would not recommend carrying the device in your back pocket as you would split it in half if you were to sit down. **** (wink wink) if you were to weigh 350lbs you are about 5.5' tall then go ahead, you just may have to fish it out .
    On a more serious note, I have never carried more than $100 in my wallet; I sure would not carry a $600 device in my back pocket.
    Treoing & Loving it
    I've seen people carry cell phones in their back pocket and I've never understood how it can be comfy sitting down...or do you take it out when you sit? That would seem to be a pain, sit and standing....

I wouldn't do that with a bare Treo. The abuse factor would be obvious and you wouldn't be able to get it replaced when you broke it.

Now, there are aluminum cases out there that might afford adequate protection, so you can look into that.

I carry my bare phone in my left front pant pocket, and have liked it that way. I am careful to not put other things in the pocket that can scratch it. A nice built in carrying case. The thing I have against cases is that they limit my access to the phone or make it bigger or change the look in a way I don't like. Now if I could just get over that when it comes to my iPod mini....
    Purchase lockline insurance. In fact, everyone should have lockline insurance.
    i've known a few people who carried palms in their back pocket. all ended up with cracked LCD screens.
    I put my Blackberry back there every once in a while. It has a plastic screen.
    Yo,

I do this All The Time. Carrying anything on your belt is very lame. Sorry, but if you're interested in your appearance, you'd be with me on this one (and I'm assuming you are having posted this). That said, the phone travels in my backpocket almost all the time. I know it's back there, i'm not that dense. Before I sit down, I remove it and place it in my front pocket. I've never damaged a device this way, and i've been using these treo devices for exactly two years now. No problems.

As someone did say, however, I do feel a lot better about doing this since I do have insurance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Purchase lockline insurance. In fact, everyone should have lockline insurance.
    Don't get Lockline
    I had LockLine. Broke my T300 and had it replaced no prob. A few months pass and it broke again. Called Lockline and got a major run around. Second replacement and they cancel your ins. OK, fair enough. But what broke was the flip lid. So I say the Lockline rep, "I'll fix it myself so that I can keep my ins active. It will be just a cosmetic problem." I even ask if I glue the lid together can I keep my ins. The rep says sure. And I think all is well.
    It gets dropped and the other side of the lid breaks. It still works, but now has a row of dead pixels.
    I call Lockline and say OK, I don't want to upgrade right now but I can't live w/o a PDA and this one is on its way out.
    They check their records and ask if I had fixed it on my own. I say yes, I glued the lid together like I said I would months ago. Then I am told that I have invalidated my ins.! They say I should have read my policy before doing any unauthorized repairs.
    To make a long story short I got nowhere with them right up the ladder. One of the Lockline people even told me that it was insured against loss and I should just say I lost it. I don't lie. Sprint spent an hour on the phone with Lockline and had no luck either.
    I bought a T650 and canceled my Lockine. I don't do business with dishonest people. The dishonesty happened when they said I could keep my ins. and glue the lid together. When I called back they had no record of my getting permission just a record that I was going to glue it! Hmm. Sounds like Lock Liar to me.

Just in case you think Iím going to become a raging anti Lockline campaigner, this all happened ages ago and this is the first time Iíve mentioned it. I would prefer to keep on topic and not force topics to area that Iím not happy about. I donít like it when others do that (itís immature and does little). But this did become the subject here. So I spoke up. Now Iíll be quite about it again.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I have carried every Palm phone I've ever owned in my back pocket (Kyocera 6035, Samsung i330, T600 and T650). Never a broken screen, although the attena on the K6035 would get all bent out of shape.
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster
    Yo,

I do this All The Time. Carrying anything on your belt is very lame. Sorry, but if you're interested in your appearance, you'd be with me on this one (and I'm assuming you are having posted this). That said, the phone travels in my backpocket almost all the time. I know it's back there, i'm not that dense. Before I sit down, I remove it and place it in my front pocket. I've never damaged a device this way, and i've been using these treo devices for exactly two years now. No problems.

As someone did say, however, I do feel a lot better about doing this since I do have insurance.
    Can we consider the appearance of always taking a phone out of your pocket in order to sit down? I don't carry mine on my belt. I just wanted to point out that fashion (good looks) are tenuous at best. What one considers the epitome of good taste can get you beat or killed in the wrong setting. If you are comfortable carrying it on your belt do so. Look around their is enough room for all of us to be happy in the way we look to not need to tell anyone else that they "need to look like me to be excepted".
    I like the leather jacket inside pocket as a first choice and pants front pocket as a second choice. I have used belt clip holders, and had the things fall out of them. So I don't use a belt clip method because they did not work for me. I don't need to impress the fashion police. Do you?

PS
    And can you imagine the rear view with that thing in your back pocket?
    I can not stand belt clips! Both looks and functionality.

My Treo 600 has been carried in my back left pocket since Handspring launched it last year. I have had absolutely NO problems! No cracked screens, no loose peices, nothing. The unit slides very easily in your pocket. With one finger under the bottom of the phone, it slides right out. Don't let some of the posters scare you, if you are careful with the phone, this is not an issue.

To sit down at a restuaraunt chair or office chair, all you have to do is touch your back pocket to tilt the 600 sideways a bit. I have found this takes the pressure off the antenna.

Now if I am on an airplane, movie or somewhere were you are lounging, yes I pull the phone out of my pocket.
    What if someone kicks you in the ****...would it hurt them or you?
    Me I carry mine in my front pocket without a case. Have been doing it for over a year. Eventually the screen gets a little worn, but if you get it replaced as often as i do at the local sprint store, it's not much of a problem. Also being the geek I am, I threaded my headset that came with my phone through a hole I made in my coat pocket, and I clip the clip near my collar. So, whenever I'm going out in the cold with my coat on I just plug my treo into the cord coming out of my pocket and if I get a call i just press the button on headset and jam it in my hearing hole.
    Backpocket carriers,
    What do you do when you sit on a chair or desk?
    Do you take it out of pocket?
    I hate cases. IMHO front pocket is the way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster
    Before I sit down, I remove it and place it in my front pocket.
    Just curious, why not just leave it in your front pocket then? That's where I leave mine, standing or sitting.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    You probably need ScreenCare so you can put the phone back in your pocket while you talk on the phone. I just put screen, keyboard and hardkey disabling features into ScreenCare. That way you will not hang up on people while the phone is in your pocket.

Jeff

(I know. I am shamefully advertising!)