Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 222
  1.    #1  
    http://mytreo.net/img/screens/jeffgi...reo-Logo-4.jpg


    BTmute
    http://mytreo.net/img/screens/jeffgibson/btmute.gif

    ...... .....

    Application Description:

    BTmute will attempt to increase the volume on your Treo 650's headset (BlueTooth or wired). As many of you know, there is a nasty bug in the Treo 650's phone application that limits the volume output to a headset. This application will automate the mute workaround to that the volume of your calls are autoamtically increased when the mute trick actually works.

    (From what I can tell, GSM phone's do not have the volume problem. Please utilize the trial period prior to purchasing.)



    To Buy Now CLICK: PayPal

    (please send me your HotSync ID after payment to cradlecare@wideopenwest.com)




    Release History:
    v1.1 - Initial release.
    v1.2 - Implemented auto enable after reset.
    v1.3 - Changed outgoing call mute function. Now only performs if headset is connected and also brings back the focus to the hangup button.
    v1.4 - skipped
    v1.5 - Fixed headset detection code. Also added configuration for time delay for BT headsets to actually conenct before trying to detect them
    v1.6 - Removed all sending of characters. All muting done with API calls now.
    - Added outbound BT headset delay configuration.
    v1.7 - Added alternate outgoing call implementation to help with those having consistency problems.
    - Fixed 5-way navigation for all controls.
    v2.0 - fixes the battery drain problem.
    v2.1 - Better detection of headset changes during a phone call.
    v2.2 - Fixes saved setting corruption problem
    - Another attempt at fixing battery problems that some people have reported.
    v2.3 - Fixes the condition where BTmute was not automatically re-enabling itself after a soft reset.
    - Included a FAQ in the distribution.
    v2.4 - skipped
    v2.5 - skipped
    v2.6 - Works around a very bad problem on Sprint 650's when you have enabled the "Enable Local Network Time" option.
    v2.7 - Maintenance Release. General bug fixes.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jeffgibson; 04/30/2005 at 01:11 AM.
  2. sjjones's Avatar
    Posts
    757 Posts
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    #2  
    Just paid (aussieoo1) Thanks a million
  3. #3  
    This doesn't seem to work with my Treo 650 and my SE HBH-660. It is installed on the phone (version 1.3) and the check mark shows it active, but when I place a call it doesn't toggle the mute button, I have to do it manually. Any suggestions?
    Charles

    Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by chazglenn3
    This doesn't seem to work with my Treo 650 and my SE HBH-660. It is installed on the phone (version 1.3) and the check mark shows it active, but when I place a call it doesn't toggle the mute button, I have to do it manually. Any suggestions?
    Well I have that exact setup and everything seems to work fine.

    Here is some background. Incoming calls you will not notice BTmute "do" anything with the GUI. It mutes and unmutes the phone so quickly that it is impossible to see it working. Outgoing calls are another story. Try making an outgoing call and see if the 5way navigation ring moves from the hangup button to the mute button and back again. This action will happen 5 seconds after you hit the send button. If you see this happen, you will know that BTmute is doing what it is supposed to do.

    As for the configuration and setup. Very easy. Install the program, enable the only option on the form and that's it!

    Please let me know if this helps and I am interested in hearing back from you either way.

    Jeff

    Update: Something I forgot is that the BT headset needs to be paired and working - right? Also needs to be tunred on. (Sorry for being so basic but BTmute will not do anything if it does not see a headset of any kind.)
  5. #5  
    Thanks for the quick reply, Jeff! I think my problem may have been that I didn't turn the volume up enough on the headset. I did see the highlight ring move so, yes the application is working fine. I only got the HBH-660 today, so I am sure I will learn how to use it soon.
    Charles

    Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by chazglenn3
    Thanks for the quick reply, Jeff! I think my problem may have been that I didn't turn the volume up enough on the headset. I did see the highlight ring move so, yes the application is working fine. I only got the HBH-660 today, so I am sure I will learn how to use it soon.
    That's good! Thanks for replying! Here is a pointer that I got from DVDGuy here at TreoCentral. Get a set of SlicSound ear gels. These will boost the volume of the HBH660 by orders of magnitude! It is so loud now that I need to turn the volume down all the way on both the phone and the HBH660!

    Here is the link to the thread: DVD Guy's HBH660 recommendations

    www.slicsound.com
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Well I have that exact setup and everything seems to work fine.

    Here is some background. Incoming calls you will not notice BTmute "do" anything with the GUI. It mutes and unmutes the phone so quickly that it is impossible to see it working. Outgoing calls are another story. Try making an outgoing call and see if the 5way navigation ring moves from the hangup button to the mute button and back again. This action will happen 5 seconds after you hit the send button. If you see this happen, you will know that BTmute is doing what it is supposed to do.

    As for the configuration and setup. Very easy. Install the program, enable the only option on the form and that's it!

    Please let me know if this helps and I am interested in hearing back from you either way.

    Jeff
    Hi Jeff:

    I would have to agree with the person in the above post....I was using an earlier version of BTMute and it was working fine...ever since I upgraded to 1.3...it is not working....NEVER on outgoing calls I initiate...I am testing to see if is working on incoming calls, but it does not seem to be.....I have a Logitech Headset and have not changed the headset, configuration of the phone or anything of that sort. Can you send me version 1.2? I would like to compare. Thanks for creating such a promising program...FYI, my e-mail address is rjmoose79ATcox.net

    Thanks,

    rjmoose
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by rjmoose
    Hi Jeff:

    I would have to agree with the person in the above post....I was using an earlier version of BTMute and it was working fine...ever since I upgraded to 1.3...it is not working....NEVER on outgoing calls I initiate...I am testing to see if is working on incoming calls, but it does not seem to be.....I have a Logitech Headset and have not changed the headset, configuration of the phone or anything of that sort. Can you send me version 1.2? I would like to compare. Thanks for creating such a promising program...FYI, my e-mail address is rjmoose79ATcox.net

    Thanks,

    rjmoose
    Sent the file as requested. Do you see the outgoing call behavior I described in the post above? Just curious because 1.3 works great on my HBH660. Have you tried deleting it and reinstalling? I have been seeing corruption happening in the saved preferences database lately. May have some effect on this problem. Seems like the more crashes you get the more likely you are to corrupt this database since it is always open. Just a thought.

    Jeff
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by rjmoose
    Hi Jeff:

    I would have to agree with the person in the above post....I was using an earlier version of BTMute and it was working fine...ever since I upgraded to 1.3...it is not working....NEVER on outgoing calls I initiate...I am testing to see if is working on incoming calls, but it does not seem to be.....I have a Logitech Headset and have not changed the headset, configuration of the phone or anything of that sort. Can you send me version 1.2? I would like to compare. Thanks for creating such a promising program...FYI, my e-mail address is rjmoose79ATcox.net

    Thanks,

    rjmoose
    Lets try a test. I put a new build together that should protect against the situation I refered to in my last post. Can you see if this build works for you?

    Thanks,

    Jeff
    Attached Files Attached Files
  10. #10  
    Jeff Gibson! Your App Attaches Itself To Ram And Cant Be Removed Without A Hard Reset! And Unfortunately, The Only Backup I Have Has Btmute On It! What Gives?!
  11. #11  
    ?!

    I've removed BTmute before. Did you disable it before you tried to remove it?
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

    Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
  12. #12  
    No I didn't. If you use the regular launcher, it will appear to be deleted, yet I use silverscreen, and I have the "show hidden apps" box selected, and it shows BTmute, as an icon. I don't understand it, because I cant find it in filez. Can someone tell me what this app is named in filez?
  13. #13  
    BTmute.

    See if the Palm launcher shows it. My guess is that Silverscreen is out of sync with what's really on your Treo. Does it have a way to refresh the apps database? What happens if you try to run it?
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

    Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    Jeff Gibson! Your App Attaches Itself To Ram And Cant Be Removed Without A Hard Reset! And Unfortunately, The Only Backup I Have Has Btmute On It! What Gives?!
    It does no such thing. It runs as a normal application. It also does not enable itself for 30 seconds after a soft reset. You should have no problem disabling or removing the program if you want to.

    What issues are you having that are giving you problems?
  15. #15  
    so jeff..how much is your app that "volume of your calls are autoamtically increased when the mute trick actually works" ?
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnski1969
    so jeff..how much is your app that "volume of your calls are autoamtically increased when the mute trick actually works" ?
    Just a small amount to cover my development costs - $5. There is a 15 day timer on the download so I urge you to see if you find value in it before you purchase.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Lets try a test. I put a new build together that should protect against the situation I refered to in my last post. Can you see if this build works for you?

    Thanks,

    Jeff
    Hi Jeff:

    No go.....incoming calls work fine, as long as what you say is true (you don't actually see the moving around of the the "blue cursor" that hits the mute button, then un-mutes, then goes to the "hang-up all" button). However, I am STILL having to manually press the mute button to get the louder headset sound on OUTGOING calls.....man....sooooooooooo close.

    I would appreciate you continuing to try to fix this.

    Thanks in advance...I appreciate your and Shadowmite's efforts!!!!!

    P.S. I can always go back to version 1.2 and live the cursor not returning to the "hang-up-all" button.
  18. hall316's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    #18  
    What would be nice if Palm could just figure out why this is happening. I will be in for buying this ap when it gets working perfectly. I drove around all day today testing out my hbh660 and I thought I was going deaf. Big difference when I do the mute unmute trick.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by rjmoose
    Hi Jeff:

    No go.....incoming calls work fine, as long as what you say is true (you don't actually see the moving around of the the "blue cursor" that hits the mute button, then un-mutes, then goes to the "hang-up all" button). However, I am STILL having to manually press the mute button to get the louder headset sound on OUTGOING calls.....man....sooooooooooo close.

    I would appreciate you continuing to try to fix this.

    Thanks in advance...I appreciate your and Shadowmite's efforts!!!!!

    P.S. I can always go back to version 1.2 and live the cursor not returning to the "hang-up-all" button.
    I will get this to work right - or as right as the mute trick will allow.

    I had to wrap up my HBH660 as it is an Xmas present from my wife. (She did let me play with it for a while and that is how I got BTmute to start working.) Tomorrow I will get it back and fix what ever is not happening. So on outgoing calls do you see the hightlight move?

    On incoming calls, does the volume increase?

    Can you also try a wired headset and see if you see the hightlight move.

    Jeff
  20. hall316's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    #20  
    I'm sorry if this has already been discussed but for me, the mute, unmute only works if I answer the phone with the buttons on the phone and not the button on my hbh660. If I answer the call with the button on the 660, there is no change in loudness by doing the mute, unmute trick.
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions