Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Jeff I'm still not getting Btmute to reinable automattically after a reset with version 2.3....?
  2.    #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael355
    Jeff I'm still not getting Btmute to reinable automattically after a reset with version 2.3....?
    Ummmm. I programmed in a 30 second delay from the time the 650 completes a reset until BTmute will enable itself. Could this maybe be the problem? I will also do a code review while I wait for your answer.

Jeff

REEDIT: I just did some detailed testing in the simulator and it looks like BTmute is enabling itself after a reset. It does take 30 seconds though. I did this so people will have time to disable the program if for some reason BTmute is causing resets.
    Last edited by jeffgibson; 02/07/2005 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Information Update
    I tried it a few times today Jeff, still not re-enabling, the only other program I have running which also needs to reset itself is RADIO CONTROL, I don't know if this is interfereing with BTMute.
  4.    #164  
    I tried it a few times today Jeff, still not re-enabling, the only other program I have running which also needs to reset itself is RADIO CONTROL, I don't know if this is interfereing with BTMute.
    I am curious how are you determining that it needs to be re-enabled? Here is a test for you to try if you don't mind.

load the program attached to this post called rsrcEdit. Now perform a soft reset and wait for 60 seconds. Then execute this program and do the following:

• scroll to Saved Preferences
    • Hit the Open button
    • Scroll to BTmt 1
    • Hit Open button
    • Give me the first 6 numbers listed (they will be in pairs 00 01 01)
    This will tell me if BTmute is enabling itself or not after the reset. We may need to dig in a little deeper to understand what is happening on your system but this is a good place to start.

Jeff
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Jeff,

I just download v2.3, and if you uncheck the Enable Mute Fix. It pops a message that I have to Register PowerUp.
  6.    #166  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I am curious how are you determining that it needs to be re-enabled? Here is a test for you to try if you don't mind.

load the program attached to this post called rsrcEdit. Now perform a soft reset and wait for 60 seconds. Then execute this program and do the following:

• scroll to Saved Preferences
    • Hit the Open button
    • Scroll to BTmt 1
    • Hit Open button
    • Give me the first 6 numbers listed (they will be in pairs 00 01 01)
    This will tell me if BTmute is enabling itself or not after the reset. We may need to dig in a little deeper to understand what is happening on your system but this is a good place to start.

Jeff
    Here is another thought! Are you using a Sprint 650 and do you have "Enable Local Netowrk Time" enabled? If you do I bet I know what is happening now. I just discovered this last night. There is a bug in this option on the 650. Here is what is happening: When the 650 powers up the radio and this option is set, the 650 will set the time to a random time (mostly in the 1980's) and then re-set the time to the correct current time. This is broken! So what happens is any alarms that you had set get unset! Well I am using an alarm for now+30 seconds to enable BTmute. Well that alarm gets destroyed on the phone powerup so BTmute never gets started after the reset.

Is this your situation? Do you have this option enabled to automatically adjust the time?

Jeff
  7.    #167  
    Here is another thought! Are you using a Sprint 650 and do you have "Enable Local Netowrk Time" enabled? If you do I bet I know what is happening now. I just discovered this last night. There is a bug in this option on the 650. Here is what is happening: When the 650 powers up the radio and this option is set, the 650 will set the time to a random time (mostly in the 1980's) and then re-set the time to the correct current time. This is broken! So what happens is any alarms that you had set get unset! Well I am using an alarm for now+30 seconds to enable BTmute. Well that alarm gets destroyed on the phone powerup so BTmute never gets started after the reset.

Is this your situation? Do you have this option enabled to automatically adjust the time?

Jeff
    I have created a build that will solve this problem. Can you give it a try and let me know if this works better for you. If it does work better I will make a general posting for this version.

Jeff

BTW: I would recommend unsetting this automatic time option if you do have it set. It WILL cause other applications to act very strangely.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  8.    #168  
    This is a rather important update for BTmute. I have posted v2.6. It does 2 things:

1) reliably re-enables the program after a soft reset
    2) Works around the "Enable Local Network Time" bug
    1st I ran the edit program got 00 01 01, (BTMite not resetting), than disabled time feature, ran it again got 00 01 01, than installed 2.6, reset, BTMute worked prefect! still getting 00 01 01, not sure if the time disable did it or the 2.6 version, but thank you again Jeff.
  10.    #170  
    1st I ran the edit program got 00 01 01, (BTMite not resetting), than disabled time feature, ran it again got 00 01 01, than installed 2.6, reset, BTMute worked prefect! still getting 00 01 01, not sure if the time disable did it or the 2.6 version, but thank you again Jeff.
    It was the 2.6 version that did it I think. Let me know if you run into any problems.

Jeff
    Hi .. maybe I'm missing something here. First time BT user, with a 10 minute old BT headset. I just downloaded your 2.6.

First problem is there are too many messages relating to too many versions and reading from the beginning (old messages/old versions) which a new user to your software would do is confusing. Maybe you ought to delete all the old messages and start over.

In any case, I just got a Scala 500 headset and have an ATT version GSM 650 model.

Does this problem effect the GSM models? Mine SEEMS to be fine.

Just FYI, when running your program nothing happens to the GUI on outgoing calls UNLESS I have "Alternate Method" checked. That being said, after the mute/unmute button jump the volume level doesn't change (it's quite loud to start with). I've switched between phone and PDA and back. Maybe this issue doesn't effect GSM?
    I'm using Zlauncher and my icons are setup to small icons. However, BTmute doesn't have a small (low res) icon. Could we get a small icon for BTmute?

Thanks,

Al
  13.    #173  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    I'm using Zlauncher and my icons are setup to small icons. However, BTmute doesn't have a small (low res) icon. Could we get a small icon for BTmute?

Thanks,

Al
    Sure but it will be a day or so. If you have not seen it by next week remind me please.

Jeff
    I just got a Scala 500 headset and have an ATT version GSM 650 model.

Does this problem effect the GSM models? Mine SEEMS to be fine (quite loud all the time) and BTMute doesn't make it any louder.
  15.    #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    I just got a Scala 500 headset and have an ATT version GSM 650 model.

Does this problem effect the GSM models? Mine SEEMS to be fine (quite loud all the time) and BTMute doesn't make it any louder.
    I really do not know as of yet. I have been seeing conflicting posts being made by different people. I can only say that I hope it is fixed in the GSM version. That gives me hope that the Sprint version can also be fixed.

Jeff
    I don't know if this is a stupid question, but here I go. Is BTmute a freeware with a $5 voluntary donation or shareware? Will it ever expire or stop working if I don't register it? I ask because after about 2 weeks of using it now it doesn't work and I don't get an expiration message or anything. I don't know if Diddlebug has messed it up or some other software.

Thanks,

Al
  17.    #177  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    I don't know if this is a stupid question, but here I go. Is BTmute a freeware with a $5 voluntary donation or shareware? Will it ever expire or stop working if I don't register it? I ask because after about 2 weeks of using it now it doesn't work and I don't get an expiration message or anything. I don't know if Diddlebug has messed it up or some other software.

Thanks,

Al
    BTmute is shareware. It has a builtin 30 day evaluation period. You will see a splash screen when the trial has expired.

As for not working any more, here are a couple of things that may be causing that:

• Upgrade to v2.6. What is probably happening is BTmute is not re-enabling itself after a reset. This is most likely because of the Double-date change bug. (I would recommend disabling "enable Local Network Time) in the date&time section of the preferences application.
    • Your timeout values are too small. It is better to have longer timeout values than it is to have shorter timeout values.
    • See the FAQ re: hitting keys during a call.
    If none of these suggestions helps your situation, lets dig into things deeper.

Jeff
    BTmute is shareware. It has a builtin 30 day evaluation period. You will see a splash screen when the trial has expired.

As for not working any more, here are a couple of things that may be causing that:

• Upgrade to v2.6. What is probably happening is BTmute is not re-enabling itself after a reset. This is most likely because of the Double-date change bug. (I would recommend disabling "enable Local Network Time) in the date&time section of the preferences application.
    • Your timeout values are too small. It is better to have longer timeout values than it is to have shorter timeout values.
    • See the FAQ re: hitting keys during a call.
    If none of these suggestions helps your situation, lets dig into things deeper.

Jeff

Found the problem:
    It isn't BTmute that is having a problem or the Treo. It is TreoGuard Misc/"Disable alarms during calls" option that kills BTmute. I don't know how both features can coexist together, but for now I'm unchecking that option. Let's get report this bug to TreoGuard.

Al
    Also, TreoNaviText http://ranosoft.net/palm might cause a problem. So make sure you exclude the phone application from the list.

Al
    Jeff,
    This is what Geoff has to say about BTmute and TreoGuard:

Treolo,

This isn't really a TreoGuard bug. I'm guessing BTmute uses alarms to schedule some function it needs to perform. Since TreoGuard has disabled alarms, BTmute doesn't work. There's nothing I can do to fix this in TreoGuard. You might contact Jeff Gibson and ask if he could change how BTmute works so it isn't affected by this feature.

Geoff

Now, can we all get along?

Al
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast