Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
  1.    #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by wbrinker
    Jeff,

Do these settings still work for you? I have the same setup and can't seem to get increased volume. The Slic sound sure did work well.
    I'm not sure what settings you are talking about but I use 5 seconds incoming and 15 seconds outgoing on my HBH660. These work perfect. In fact too good sometimes. With the SlicSound even on the lowest settings on the phone and headset, the volume is LOUD with BTmute.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    That is a known problem with the mute fix. Once you press any button the volume reverts back and you can not again increase it until the next phone call. I do have an idea though. I will work on it and get back to everyone if it works.

Jeff
    Jeff,

Have you figured this problem out?
  3.    #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by mgtakahashi
    Jeff,

Have you figured this problem out?
    Still trying to come up with a workaround. I can't fix the "real" problem but I am trying to find a creative way to solve the need. I am multi-tasking between 4 projects right now between GoTreo Software and my real job.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Wow--- I wish I was that handy or that my "hubby" was ..to move the hub....

I was thinking about going to a eyeglass store and seeing if they could heat the ear clip so it was more maleable and could be reconfigured for the ear.

Do you think that might work?
  5.    #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by jccomo
    Wow--- I wish I was that handy or that my "hubby" was ..to move the hub....

I was thinking about going to a eyeglass store and seeing if they could heat the ear clip so it was more maleable and could be reconfigured for the ear.

Do you think that might work?
    That may work too. Worth a try.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Successful Operation. I followed Jeff's instructions and cut off the hub with a razor blade--- then I used Crazy Glue to secure the Hub-- instead of drilling it into the device.

To create a more snug fit for the ear clip, I wrapped electrical tape around the clip.

And that also solved the volume problem since the ear piece is in the ear canal-- no ear gels are needed.
    I can't even get BTMute to work... Using a HS820 that I was suckered into buying at Radio Shack... So far the volume is quite low. The mute trick does work, so I DL'ed BTmute, but it never works. I still have to press mute manually.

Settings are:
    Incoming = 7
    Outgoing = 20
    Tried alternate method for both and still nothin... For those with the motorola HS820 and are successful with this prog, what settings do you use?

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse
    I can't even get BTMute to work... Using a HS820 that I was suckered into buying at Radio Shack... So far the volume is quite low. The mute trick does work, so I DL'ed BTmute, but it never works. I still have to press mute manually.

Settings are:
    Incoming = 7
    Outgoing = 20
    Tried alternate method for both and still nothin... For those with the motorola HS820 and are successful with this prog, what settings do you use?
    Try the Scala. Sony 660, or the Logitech
    Jeff,

You know how the Treo forgets about the previous pairing of a bluetooth headset once the headset is off? Does the BTmute fix that? It would be nice if it did or may have a utility that fixes that. It is a pain to repair all the time.

Thanks,

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by acajigas
    Jeff,

You know how the Treo forgets about the previous pairing of a bluetooth headset once the headset is off? Does the BTmute fix that? It would be nice if it did or may have a utility that fixes that. It is a pain to repair all the time.

Thanks,

Al
    I have never had that problem and I have gone through 3 BT headsets and I turn my headsets on and off three or four times a day
    Same here... Even though the volume on this blasted HS820 is really low I turn it off and on all the time and dont have the need to re-pair... acajigas, What headset are you using?

This motorola HS820 is enroute right BACK to Radio Shack tomorrow. The static and low volume is annoying. My Cardo Scala has been held hostage at the UPS station since Friday, here's to hoping they deliver it tomorrow once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by rjmoose
    I have never had that problem and I have gone through 3 BT headsets and I turn my headsets on and off three or four times a day

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
  12.    #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by acajigas
    Jeff,

Thanks,

Al
    I have never seen this problem. Can you give me some more details? I might be able to help but no promises. I can tell you that BTmute does not address this issue today.

Jeff
  13.    #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse

Settings are:
    Incoming = 7
    Outgoing = 20
    It may be that you have to increase the timeouts. When you enabled the alternate options, did you see the navigation highlight ring move?

Jeff
    It may be that you have to increase the timeouts. When you enabled the alternate options, did you see the navigation highlight ring move?

Jeff
    I am having a problem with the Scala and 650. On incoming calls I can get the volume to increase by manually pressing the mute botton. I have tried BT Mute v2.2 without success. I have tried increasing the time settings. I can see the navigation highlight ring move but it doesn't put an x across the microphone mute softkey like when I do this manually. Any suggestions????? I tried 4 other BT devices that didn't work correctly. The Scala is the best if I can just get a little bit more volume.
    Thanks,
    Gil
  15.    #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by gmelin
    I am having a problem with the Scala and 650. On incoming calls I can get the volume to increase by manually pressing the mute botton. I have tried BT Mute v2.2 without success. I have tried increasing the time settings. I can see the navigation highlight ring move but it doesn't put an x across the microphone mute softkey like when I do this manually. Any suggestions????? I tried 4 other BT devices that didn't work correctly. The Scala is the best if I can just get a little bit more volume.
    Thanks,
    Gil
    It sounds like you have the alternate method enabled. Is that true? The red X will not stay there for very long. In fact it is sometimes there for only a fraction of a second. If so have you tried disabling that option? I think an incoming time of say 7 to 10 seconds should work and an outgoing time of 10-15 seconds should be just about right. Now remember that you will not see an X at any time if you do not use the alternate method as the mute is being done in software rather that through the user interface.

Try that and let me know if you have better success.

Jeff
    Jeff whenever I do a reset or power off, than on, I have to go to BTmute and uncheck than recheck the enable button for it to work again, is this standard or should BTmute remember my settings?
    I have never seen this problem. Can you give me some more details? I might be able to help but no promises. I can tell you that BTmute does not address this issue today.

Jeff
    Jeff,

I have the Scala 500 headset and when I turn it off and then off sometimes the Scale takes time to reconnect and sometimes it doesn't do it. It is not consistant. I was thinking if your hack could help the Treo know that the Scala is been paired already.

Another suggestion will be to make a good FAQ for the Btmute hack. It is not hard to understand the controls, but it will be a good idea to include a help file in the app. For example:
    What does inbound do? How do I use those numbers?
    What does Outbound do? How do I use those numbers?
    What is Alternative method? When and Why should I use it?
    Predefined Profiles for each headset would be nice so we don't have to test all the time.

Issues:
    I've also notice that after a reset or after Bluetooth is turn off/on in the Treo, BTmute would not work. I need to go to the app and check/uncheck to make it work.

Thanks,

Al
  18.    #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    Jeff,

I have the Scala 500 headset and when I turn it off and then off sometimes the Scale takes time to reconnect and sometimes it doesn't do it. It is not consistant. I was thinking if your hack could help the Treo know that the Scala is been paired already.

Another suggestion will be to make a good FAQ for the Btmute hack. It is not hard to understand the controls, but it will be a good idea to include a help file in the app. For example:
    What does inbound do? How do I use those numbers?
    What does Outbound do? How do I use those numbers?
    What is Alternative method? When and Why should I use it?
    Predefined Profiles for each headset would be nice so we don't have to test all the time.

Issues:
    I've also notice that after a reset or after Bluetooth is turn off/on in the Treo, BTmute would not work. I need to go to the app and check/uncheck to make it work.

Thanks,

Al
    Very good input! I have created the start of a FAQ. See what you think.

I also just posted a new release (v2.3) that fixes the automatic enabling after soft reset problem. The program should now be *consistently* re-enabling itself 30 seconds after a soft reset.

Thanks for your suggestions and your posting of the issue you ran into!

Jeff
  19.    #159  
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael355
    Jeff whenever I do a reset or power off, than on, I have to go to BTmute and uncheck than recheck the enable button for it to work again, is this standard or should BTmute remember my settings?
    Michael,

Thanks for your post. I found the problem and v2.3 has been posted that fixes that issue. Thanks again.

Jeff
    Very good input! I have created the start of a FAQ. See what you think.

I also just posted a new release (v2.3) that fixes the automatic enabling after soft reset problem. The program should now be *consistently* re-enabling itself 30 seconds after a soft reset.

Thanks for your suggestions and your posting of the issue you ran into!

Jeff
    Jeff,

I like that FAQ sheet. Seriously, now I really understand all the functionality and limitations of the app.

Thanks,

Al
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast