Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
  1.    #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by sleibow
    Help please!

I have ver 2.2 installed and on an out going call(haven't tried incoming yet) BT Mute does not work. The mute button is not x'ed by the program, but if I scroll there an maully MUTE the volumne increases are VERY noticeable...what I am I doing wrong.

Enable Mute Fix....Checked
    Inbound Alternate method checked set to 5 sec
    Outbound A;ternate method checked set to 4 sec
    I would say to start by increasing the detection times. What kind of headset are you using? I have also found that outging calls need more time than incoming calls. I have found times of 15 seconds work pretty consistently. It seems that if you can wait until the caller has answered the phone before doing the mute function the mute trick also works more consistently.

Jeff
    not using your app jeff...mute toggle works for me ever time w/scala (aslong as I don't hit any other buttons) 100 percent of time... when headset connects & starts ringing. wonder why the differences we are getting w/mute trick...i have device name caching enabled... suppossedely makes for quicker headset connect/discovery.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    I tried using the Jabra Ear Gels with my new HBH 660 based on other discussion posts and found they didn't fit over the ear piece.

Do the SilicSound gels fit and stay on the ear piece? And can you use them with the ear clip?

Thanks for any suggestions about getting the ear gels to fit.

By the way, I have had the HBH 660 for a few days and so far think it works fine- static free for up to 12 ft.

JC

Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    That's good! Thanks for replying! Here is a pointer that I got from DVDGuy here at TreoCentral. Get a set of SlicSound ear gels. These will boost the volume of the HBH660 by orders of magnitude! It is so loud now that I need to turn the volume down all the way on both the phone and the HBH660!

Here is the link to the thread: DVD Guy's HBH660 recommendations

www.slicsound.com
  4.    #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by jccomo
    I tried using the Jabra Ear Gels with my new HBH 660 based on other discussion posts and found they didn't fit over the ear piece.

Do the SilicSound gels fit and stay on the ear piece? And can you use them with the ear clip?

Thanks for any suggestions about getting the ear gels to fit.

By the way, I have had the HBH 660 for a few days and so far think it works fine- static free for up to 12 ft.

JC
    The SlicSounds fit perfectly over the speaker extension. I find that the 660 stays in place very well without the ear clip. In fact, I find it almost impossible to use the clip with the gels. What is really needed on the 660 is the ability to move the hub of the ear clip 1/4" closer to the speaker. If that could happen, I think this device would work perfectly without the gels. At least on my ear the relocation of the hub closer to the speaker would allow the speaker to fit directly in my ear canal. If I could figure out how to open the 660 "safely" I would saw off the ear clip post and relocate it closer to the speaker myself. I am thinking to make a solid mound for the post, that you would have to have access to the inside of the device to glue a dowel into place to increase the surface area needed for glue. Thoughts? Has anyone make such a modification?

Jeff
    Last edited by jeffgibson; 01/16/2005 at 06:10 PM.
    Nah, I just trimmed the post off completely, don't miss it at all. The clear Jabra eargel locks into my ear plenty good enough.
    For those who've used both Slicsounds and Eargels, which seem to stay on better?
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Yes moving the hub would be all I need for great sound quality as well. Or a more malleable ear clip. Let me know if you are successful.

The SlicSounds fit perfectly over the speaker extension. I find that the 660 stays in place very well without the ear clip. In fact, I find it almost impossible to use the clip with the gels. What is really needed on the 660 is the ability to move the hub of the ear clip 1/4" closer to the speaker. If that could happen, I think this device would work perfectly without the gels. At least on my ear the relocation of the hub closer to the speaker would allow the speaker to fit directly in my ear canal. If I could figure out how to open the 660 "safely" I would saw off the ear clip post and relocate it closer to the speaker myself. I am thinking to make a solid mound for the post, that you would have to have access to the inside of the device to glue a dowel into place to increase the surface area needed for glue. Thoughts? Has anyone make such a modification?

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    For those who've used both Slicsounds and Eargels, which seem to stay on better?
    I would like to know this also....anyone??????
    will some one please email me 2.2 unziped I had 1.8 working good and I installed 2.0 &and it stoped working I hope 2.2 will fix this for me thank u for your hard work jeff my e mail is billsenkle@sio.midco.net
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rjmoose
    I would like to know this also....anyone??????
    Have both Slick and jabra ,fit wise, you guy's are going hate this answer, it depends on your inner ear shape, everyones ear is different, so some people will find one better than the other.

The way they fit on the 660 goes to the Slick because of thier thinner walls, its more "plyable".
  11.    #131  

Jeff
    OK I bit the bullet and did it! I moved the ear clip post today!! The 660 now fits perfectly on my ear and I no longer need the gels for 99% of the 660 usage.

Here are the steps I followed (but proceed at your own RISK!):

1. Used a razor blade to cut off the post at its base. I *very* carefully used the razor blade at the base of the post. I used pressure and a rocking motion to work the blade under the post until I completly removed the post. You must be careful to not work too quickly and to not slip and run the blade through your fingers!
    2. I then took a standard toothpick and cut off a length of about 1/4". It was about the size of a 5/16" drill bit. I wanted to make sure the post was secure so I wanted to use a dowel to make sure my gule joint was secure. There is a lot of pressure on this post.
    3. I then took my dremel drill and drilled a hole in the bottom of the post for 1/2 of the toothpick to fit into.
    4. I then measured where I wanted the post to be located. I did this by putting the earclip in place on my ear and then putting the 660 into my ear. I then noted the location of where the post should be.
    5. I marked the location on the 660 of where the post should be.
    6. I *very very very* carefully drilled a hole in the 660 to accept the other end of the toothpick.
    7. I then mixed up some epoxy and glued the post in place.
    8. DONE!
    Jeff
    thank u for the fast e mail jeff 2.2 works great my batt life sucks with or with out btmute I think a lot of ppl are looking at u for the batt life just becouse maybe btmute was the last thing put on when thay need to be on p1 about it thank u for making my pad a phone again
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones
    Have both Slick and jabra ,fit wise, you guy's are going hate this answer, it depends on your inner ear shape, everyones ear is different, so some people will find one better than the other.

The way they fit on the 660 goes to the Slick because of thier thinner walls, its more "plyable".
    I really was just curious more about the fit in relation to the 660, not my ear. So are you meaning that SlicSounds are easier to get on? Which seem to stay on the 660 better? I have the Eargels and am always a bit nervous that it will fall off the 660.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    I really was just curious more about the fit in relation to the 660, not my ear. So are you meaning that SlicSounds are easier to get on? Which seem to stay on the 660 better? I have the Eargels and am always a bit nervous that it will fall off the 660.
    I had the clear eargels and if you worried about them slipping off stay with eargels, slicks go on easier so that means they can come off easier.
    Hi Jeff

Am i missing something the only way BT mute 2.1 works for me is if i manually go to the mute button am i doing something wrong should it be automatic.

Fred
  16.    #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by fkpalm
    Hi Jeff

Am i missing something the only way BT mute 2.1 works for me is if i manually go to the mute button am i doing something wrong should it be automatic.

Fred
    I don't know if you are doing anything wrong but you may have your settings configured wrong for your headset. What brand of BlueTooth headset do you have? What are your outgoing and incoming timeout settings? Have you tried the alternate method for either outgoing or incoming calls?

Jeff
    Scalla 500 headset and my settings are inbound 6 outbound 20 alternate method is checked

Fred
  18.    #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by fkpalm
    Scalla 500 headset and my settings are inbound 6 outbound 20 alternate method is checked

Fred
    I know others are having good luck with BTmute and the Scalla. I would suggest contacting the poster in post 117. He has BTmute working with the Scalla.

My global recommendations are to use about 5 to 10 seconds for incoming calls and about 15 to 20 seconds for outgoing calls. Those times seem to be about right.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones
    I had the clear eargels and if you worried about them slipping off stay with eargels, slicks go on easier so that means they can come off easier.
    Thanks for your reply. Do you speak from experience with the Slicsounds or just concluding from the fact that it is easier to get on?
    Jeff,

Do these settings still work for you? I have the same setup and can't seem to get increased volume. The Slic sound sure did work well.