Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSam
    In another thread there is a message about needing to do a hard reset if you attempted to "purge" your call log of messages older than a week. I had done this prior to the problem I described above...that may have been the cause of the malfunction (thank you, Palmone :-( rather than BTmute. Didn't know I was a beta tester for the Treo 650....Sam
    Thanks for the report! I can tell you that I have found more problems with this device! If you haven't already done so, please upgrade to V2.0 of BTmute. Thanks to reports from other users (like you who communicate issues), I have uncovered yet another 650 bug. BTmute registers for phone events so it can know when the phone is active so it can perform the mute function. Well this is 100% supported by P1. Well the bug is that if the 650 goes to sleep and you are still registered for the notifications (again 100% supported) the 650 does not go completely to sleep. Thus causing accelerated battery drain. So the new version of BTmute detects sleep conditions and removes its registrations and then reinstalls them when the 650 wakes up again.

Net-net is that you should install the new v2.0 build.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Thanks for the report! I can tell you that I have found more problems with this device! If you haven't already done so, please upgrade to V2.0 of BTmute. Thanks to reports from other users (like you who communicate issues), I have uncovered yet another 650 bug. BTmute registers for phone events so it can know when the phone is active so it can perform the mute function. Well this is 100% supported by P1. Well the bug is that if the 650 goes to sleep and you are still registered for the notifications (again 100% supported) the 650 does not go completely to sleep. Thus causing accelerated battery drain. So the new version of BTmute detects sleep conditions and removes its registrations and then reinstalls them when the 650 wakes up again.

Jeff
    Jeff...Thanks for your constant efforts.

Jeff
    Where can I download the v2.0?
    Where is the v2.0 link? I don't see it in the string.
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberchino
    Where is the v2.0 link? I don't see it in the string.
    Sorry about that! I posted the update at MTDN but not here. Its on the 1st post of this thread now.

Jeff
    Sorry about that! I posted the update at MTDN but not here. Its on the 1st post of this thread now.

Jeff
    What is MTDN?
  7.    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    What is MTDN?
    That's the nickname for mytreo.net. Its one of the other forums where I have my own development area.

Jeff
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSam
    Jeff,

I'm reporting a potential problem with version 1.8. I had just loaded it on my Treo650, and enabled it. When I pressed the phone button, the Treo soft reset...and then went to a completely blank screen after the logo...this happened after a few soft resets...I then removed the battery (don't ask me why), put it back and got a soft reset to work..but the phone application no longer worked..pressing the green phone button did nothing. I then called my phone from another number...the phone rang twice, soft reset, and I ended up with a white screen again (Treo's version of the Windows Blue screen of death). A system restore did nothing. I was only able to get the phone to work again with a hard reset, and then used Backupman to restore my data prior to installing BTMute 1.8 (BTMute 1.5 works fine, by the way). Now, we all know these phones are buggy enough, that maybe BTMute 1.8 had nothing to do with this...but I wanted to report this to you and see what you thought.

Thanks for all the help you've given to the forum!....Sam
    Sorry for not responding earlier. I have seen a problem like this one recently but I do not think it is releated to BTmute. I have had to do a hard reset 3 times now in the lsat couple of days to restore my phone application. It was reseting on EVERY incoming call. What I found out is that one of the phone's DB's is getting corrupted and causing a crash. My ##377 pointed to the phone app with a bizzard error something like: "non unique indexID".

There was also a post talking about corruption in the phone DB's causing these type of crashes.

Not trying to duck responsibility but I really don't think it is BTmute doing this one. I would however encourage you to load v2.0 as it does fox a potential battery drain problem.

Thanks,

Jeff
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    Not sure if this has been reported or if it's related to BTMute, but this morning I had a call on speakerphone. When I tried to hang-up, I got a soft-reset. I'm using BTM 1.8
    Have not been able to reproduce this one. Have you seen this happen any more since this post?

Jeff
    Have not been able to reproduce this one. Have you seen this happen any more since this post?

Jeff
    Nope. Just the once. I'll keep an eye out for any recurrences with v2.0
    Hi Jeff-
    I had some instances today where 2.0 wasn't working properly. It would mute propertly at ~15 seconds on outgoing and then it would unmute at ~40 seconds rendering the conversation very quite. Now the weird thing is that it did this several times today but not every time...seems random. I hope you have some thoughts, but I know how random errors work...
    I almost hate to mention this but my battery was affected using 2.0. I have removed it for now. My battery use seems normal. Btmute is the only program I use affecting the stock operation of the treo.
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by 02flhrci
    Hi Jeff-
    I had some instances today where 2.0 wasn't working properly. It would mute propertly at ~15 seconds on outgoing and then it would unmute at ~40 seconds rendering the conversation very quite. Now the weird thing is that it did this several times today but not every time...seems random. I hope you have some thoughts, but I know how random errors work...
    What mute method are you using for outgoing? Do you have the alternate method checked?

I'll do a code review and get back to you.

Jeff
  14.    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by franklane
    I almost hate to mention this but my battery was affected using 2.0. I have removed it for now. My battery use seems normal. Btmute is the only program I use affecting the stock operation of the treo.
    Very strange. Are others seeing this too? Personally I am not.

Jeff
  15.    #95  
    What mute method are you using for outgoing? Do you have the alternate method checked?

I'll do a code review and get back to you.

Jeff
    I have a new build for BTmute - v2.1. It better handles headset state changes. What might have been happening is this:

I have code in BTmute that will detect a headset that was turned on during a call. For example if you started a call with just the normal phone and then switched to the headset, BTmute trys to detect this condition and perform the mute operation. So what I think may have happened to you is that somehow the 650 thought that you made a change in the headset configuration and BTmute picked up on this and performed the mute operation. I am now trying to handle this condition a little better and hope that it will work better for you now.

Jeff
    Thanks, Jeff...I will give it a try. I don't know if I was using alternative or regular when I experienced the problems yesterday. I will pay attention to this while using it today with 2.1.
    Also, Jeff, while I'm thinking about it...have you had any luck with any kind of "remute" feature after typing on the keyboard?
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by 02flhrci
    Also, Jeff, while I'm thinking about it...have you had any luck with any kind of "remute" feature after typing on the keyboard?
    I have tried. It is a limitation within the phone application to where remute does not bring the volume back up again. I am however trying to come up with a way of generating DTMF tones myself rather than having to have the phone app generate them. Not having much luck but still trying.

Jeff
    I have tried. It is a limitation within the phone application to where remute does not bring the volume back up again. I am however trying to come up with a way of generating DTMF tones myself rather than having to have the phone app generate them. Not having much luck but still trying.

That's a great idea Jeff. I wonder if there is a way that you could simply play a recording of DTMF tones internally using some kind of Pocket Tunes implementation? That way you could create compressed versions of the actual tones instead of actually having to generate them. Just a thought...
    Hi Jeff,

I have been running version 2.0 and 2.1 of BTmute and both versions appear to drain the battery at an accelerated pace compared to operating without BTmute. Version 2.1 appears to be draining about 2-3% per hour even if the phone is completely idle.

FYI,

Gordon Dickens
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast